TRU is handing out tickets now for items NOW

chartse1

I have an 8 year old daughter. Am I supposed to know what Zhu Zhu pets are???? My husband was there for the IPOD touch. He asked me if I needed anything else and I said no. All of those people there may have wanted those. I guess he could have gotten one too. Oh well, at this point I don't know what I am missing.

I have an 8 year old daughter. Am I supposed to know what Zhu Zhu pets are???? My husband was there for the IPOD touch. He asked me if I needed anything else and I said no. All of those people there may have wanted those. I guess he could have gotten one too. Oh well, at this point I don't know what I am missing.

they are pretend hamsters...crazy hard to get. My dd8 likes them, but i told her no dice...i thought if i could get my hands on one that would just be mom bonus points :)

Honestly, if he can get his hands on one, I'd tell him too. She'll want one by her birthday i'm sure

Honestly, if he can get his hands on one, I'd tell him too. She'll want one by her birthday i'm sure

I told him, and he said "Now you tell me, I could have gotten a coupon...All gone." I feel like I lost out, but don't know why. I am usually more on top of things.:eek:

I just returned from TRU! OMG! I got there about 11:15 and there were already 150 people in line, which means no Zhu Zhu for me. Saw one fight break out over a Leapster. By the time the store opened, there must have been 500 people in line, and another 50-100 waiting near the entrance that were too lazy to get out of their cars to get into line.

Just got back from TRU... Heading back out in a half hour or so.

NEVER AGAIN will I go to my TRU. So unorganized. Not inside, but outside. I got there by 8:45pm. I was roughly 50th in line. First people there at 2pm for the zhu zhu's.

By 11pm there was over 300++ people in line. By 11:30pm they were parking across the street at the Great Escape and walking over. Police at the entrance directing traffice. Line at this point was stretching around 3 buildings. OVER 150 people trying to line jump. They actually lined up in front of the doors. A riot practically broke out. People yelling/swearing/ 2 guys starting fightiing. Police called. They were breaking everything up. At this point TRU wouldn't open because of safety reasons. FINALLY police cars pulled in front of the doors. We were allowed in by 12:20am! Ridiculous.

Wow elena sounds like my TRU this morning! Except, we didn't have any actual fights break out, but management was worried it would happen so they called the cops to prevent it. We were in and out of the line from 930 til 1130 (we were going back and forth to my friends house making cocoa for the 10 people we were with and then also for the four or five right behind us) and at 1130 it was getting bad! Our line went across the front of the store, down the side, then headed towards the street (fortunately it was a dead end), crossed the street and was halfway to the mall! We were still more than 100 people back (my guess would have been close to 125 in front of us) and we were still able to get the zhu zhu tickets. TRU didn't open their doors until about 1215, but we were in our car on the way to walmart by 1am anyways (with EVERYTHING we wanted!!!)

I got to TRU at 9 last night and was in the 60's in line. at 11, the line was over 300 deep (someone actually counted!), 30 miinutes later, there was over 600 people. They started handing out tickets at 11:45. People started getting out of their cars and standing in the parking lot by the doors. The cops came and formed a barricade so they couldn't cross. Two guys started fighting at the front of the line. It was ridiculous! I got in and out within an hour with 1 zhu zhu and one accessory. There were still about 200 people in line waiting to get in when I left!

Brandi

well i went to tru at 11:30pm and there must have been 500 hundred people or more in line well i stayed in my vehicle luckily cause a argument broke out i dont know exactly why but they were handing out tickets when i got there and the people that were not in line hoovered over the employee while the people that were in line were trying to get a ticket dont know what the ticket was for but everyone wanted 0ne well the employee rushed back in the store everybody was at the door hoovering a new line formed in seconds on the opposite side of the door and everybody was arguing midnight came and went and the doors did not open until a police officer came the employees opened the door and people rushed in and the police officer by himself lost control so they closed the doors again i saw some kid inside the store and the parent outside because they shut tru down until back up came which tood like 3 minuts for 2 more cops came it was a mad house they blocked the door from the new line that formed but those people climbed the cop car to the other side and i guess they were banished because the cop told them they couldnt come in i think theyre lucky they didnt get arrested and after that they kept letting like 15 people at a time and then i decided to leave cause there was no way i was getting in there any time soon i went to walmart got everything i wanted but i got to say tru needed to think a little about what they did they had 2 doorbusters were they expecting those people to stay till five to get there other doorbusters it was ridiculous as i left i went to see the best buy line those people are well organized everybody had little tents and having what seemed to me there thanksgiving feast on line

We got there about 10pm and there were already about 150 people in front of us. I went for the ipod touch and was not able to get it. I was amazed that they did hand out tickets and I was able to snag a zhu zhu pet. They did a great job not letting people rush the doors, and let us into the store in an orderly fashion of about 20 people at a time. Once inside it was still insanity and people were yelling about everything.

Once we left the store about 1 am- there were still about 200 people outside waiting just to get in!

I got there at 10pm and it was madness. It wrapped around the whole strip mall that TRU anchors and got to the point I couldn't see the end some time around 11:30. Only got crazier as time passed. They had tickets for the horse but nothing else and they didn't hand them out until you were in the store. Electronics had another line formed in the store at opening and they only let about a dozen people in at a time.

I just followed the mob past everything and headed strait to that line to get the Ipod I came for. Luckily I got it and was out by 1:30am. Lots of pushing, arguing, profanity the whole time despite the police being outside and a few in store helping the poor associates.

I had considered maybe staying out to go other places after but the bad apples at TRU

spoiled Black Friday for me this year. I'm just happy I got the one thing I really wanted and got out of there in one piece.