Amazon Matching Most of the DVD and Blu-ray Black Friday Prices

sageraistlin

Anyone that is looking to stand in line for DVD and/or Blu-ray will want to check out Amazon to see if they have the some ones there on sale. I was able to get every blu-ray I wanted from the ads on Amazon for the same price as Walmart or Best Buy. No tax and free shipping to boot.

http://www.amazon.com/DVD-Blowouts/b/ref=amb_link_86054931_2?ie=UTF8&node=12917411&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1DY9AS1BR7ZN2NYNB6KE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=500710991&pf_rd_i=130

If they will just now match some of the lego sets and DS games in the TRU ad tomorrow, I am set!!

I am looking for a lego set too. Amazon did price match Target and Staples for a camera. I was thrilled b/c I don't have to pay the horrible 9.25% sales tax.

Thanks OP, for the advice of price comparing the dvd's. I have already purchased several during their lightning specials. I will go check out the TV series now.

Edited by nat1jen

Legos Legos Legos...that's what we are always looking for too. Amazon doesn't seem to be coming down on these at all, I check my cart everyday to see if the prices change...they only go up and then back to normal. We did get 3 - $100 sets at 25% off each at Fred Meyer....that right there will make my boy's Christmas. I'd like to save up for birthday though too.

I just purchased a blu-ray player w/Netflix capability this morning...for the Netflix option mainly. Now, do I need to buy the more expensive blu-ray dvds (or) will we be okay to keep buying the cheaper standard Dvds and just get a little better picture quality because of the new machine?

I just purchased a blu-ray player w/Netflix capability this morning...for the Netflix option mainly. Now, do I need to buy the more expensive blu-ray dvds (or) will we be okay to keep buying the cheaper standard Dvds and just get a little better picture quality because of the new machine?

Look for BR sales...if your BR player upconverts, you will see a little better quality on those regular dvd discs.

just my personal opinion...dvd's are good enuf quality, buy BR for those "special" or "favorite" movies only if you want to. I will add, we only own 2 BR dvd's, but own over 500 "regular" dvd's

Look for BR sales...if your BR player upconverts, you will see a little better quality on those regular dvd discs.

just my personal opinion...dvd's are good enuf quality, buy BR for those "special" or "favorite" movies only if you want to. I will add, we only own 2 BR dvd's, but own over 500 "regular" dvd's

Thanks, I figured maybe picking up a few that are on sale right now, but then only for those special ones like you mentioned. I think the newer LCD HDTVs do enough to make the picture better for me, so I wasn't going to sink a bunch of money into the BRs if I didn't really need to do so.

The dvd prices keep going down...Star Trek & The Proposal dropped since earlier from $9 to $8.55...BluRay X-Men Origins: Wolverine just dropped from $19 to $12.99 to match WM. I think Amazon is going to match WM on everything they can at this point...WM is doing the penny difference to keep their lower price, even on books, but I'm not sure WM offers the free shipping on everything.

I have to say that I'm enjoying watching the price matching games! :D

The dvd prices keep going down...Star Trek & The Proposal dropped since earlier from $9 to $8.55...

Thanks. I can confirm this(blu rays), my list of 20+ from Best Buy earlier this morning is down to just 8 now. I gave in and bought Dr Strangelove at BB since doubt it will come down from 21.99 to BB 12.99. Some others are off by $1 so may give in later/tomorrow.

I highly suggest the prime trial and using 1 click ordering. I had 3 in cart and added a 4th and came up different seller/not available for other 3. I was able to go back and 1 click order these separately but may not be so lucky next time.

I managed to get ninth gate, blow, children of the corn, and about 5 more for 7.99 or less on blu ray.

The dvd prices keep going down...Star Trek & The Proposal dropped since earlier from $9 to $8.55...BluRay X-Men Origins: Wolverine just dropped from $19 to $12.99 to match WM. I think Amazon is going to match WM on everything they can at this point...WM is doing the penny difference to keep their lower price, even on books, but I'm not sure WM offers the free shipping on everything.

I have to say that I'm enjoying watching the price matching games! :D

The Proposal is still at $8.99 in my cart!