iTouch 8 GB~how popular?

tallpkb

I want to get the 8GB iTouch. How popular do you all think it'll be? I don NOT want to wait in line all night! :eek: What time do you think I would need to be there to get one?

I think if you arrive sometime after midnight you should be OK depending on the size of your store.

If you don't mind "refurbished" then buy it at apple.com and save $50. I bought my wife one; its a 2G but remember that it could be brand new b/c 3G came out and they sold the 2G as refurbished even though they are brand new.

Just don't smoke near your apple products. Apprently that voids your warrenty so says apple. :cheesy:

If you don't mind "refurbished" then buy it at apple.com and save $50. I bought my wife one; its a 2G but remember that it could be brand new b/c 3G came out and they sold the 2G as refurbished even though they are brand new.

Isn't the 2G 8GB same as the 3G 8GB? That is what I thought also.I agree... just save the trip an order it from apple.com. There is free shipping. If I remember correctly, the 2G and 3G are not different until you get to the 32GB version. All refurbished means is that someone bought it and returned it. In some cases, they simply called new ones refurbished because the they do not want to put their older ones "on sale".

Isn't the 2G 8GB same as the 3G 8GB? That is what I thought also.I agree... just save the trip an order it from apple.com. There is free shipping. If I remember correctly, the 2G and 3G are not different until you get to the 32GB version. All refurbished means is that someone bought it and returned it. In some cases, they simply called new ones refurbished because the they do not want to put their older ones "on sale".

Yes the 2nd generation and 3rd generation 8gbs are the same.

The 8gb has been "sold out" for about a week and so I caved and bought the 16gb refurb yesterday only to see the 8gb magically reappear this morning (of course). Well I bought it also. I'm either going to return the 16gb or save the 8gb to give my dd at a later date.

Apple sells the os upgrade for $4.95 which is what I plan to do.