The Holiday Movie Tournament!! Get your entries in NOW!!!!!!

Scanner420

For me personally its the 1945 version. I didn't know that there was a 1950 Last Holiday. I will have to look it up. Is it worth it?

Didn't know there were two versions, they never came on on IMDB or Wiki! Sry! I guess just pick your faves at this point! I'm crunching the numbers now!!

Last Holiday (1950) When socially awkward salesman George Bird (Alec Guinness) discovers he only has a few months to live, he cashes in his life savings for one more hurrah at a seaside resort, where he learns as much about himself as he does about the resort's staff and guests. This darkly comic British drama, which co-stars Beatrice Campbell as Bird's love interest, Sheila, inspired the 2006 Queen Latifah comedy by the same name.

Last Holiday (2006) When her doctor gives her the worst possible news -- that she has a terminal illness -- a timid woman (Queen Latifah) decides to throw caution to the wind, break out of her shell and take a no-holds-barred European vacation. But while she's celebrating her last hurrah, she touches the lives of everyone around her.

Christmas in Connecticut (1945) In this welcome addition to the canon of mandatory yuletide viewing, Barbara Stanwyck plays Elizabeth Lane, a magazine columnist who touts herself as a blissful wife, mother and expert homemaker living on an idyllic Connecticut farm. Trouble is, it's all a lie. When her pudgy publisher (Sydney Greenstreet) cooks up a scheme to boost circulation by having Elizabeth entertain a war veteran (Dennis Morgan) on Christmas Eve, will her charade unravel?

Christmas in Connecticut (1992) Elizabeth Blane (Dyan Cannon) is the star of a successful cooking show. When her manager witnesses the heartfelt plea of homeless forest ranger Jefferson (Kris Kristofferson) for a home-cooked Christmas dinner, he arranges for Elizabeth to cook Jefferson a holiday feast … live on TV. Trouble is, Elizabeth can't even boil water -- and trying to keep Jefferson and the viewing public from finding out may be a tad difficult!

All four are good movies. If I had to pick, I'd pick the two originals. But that is just me I adore old b&w movies. :smart: