Great ipod deal at Walmart

pygf

The iPod Touch is currently in its third generation (3G), which is available with 32 or 64 GB of flash memory. The 8 GB second generation (2G) model is also available. The second generation iPod Touch, featuring external volume controls, a built-in speaker, a contoured back, built-in Nike+, Bluetooth support, and the ability to connect a microphone, was unveiled on September 9, 2008, at the "Let's Rock" keynote presentation. The third generation iPod Touch with the new iPhone OS 3.1 was announced and subsequently released on September 9, 2009. The third generation includes faster hardware (the same microprocessors, graphics engine and RAM as the iPhone 3GS), voice control, light sensor, and bundled earphones with a remote and microphone. The new generation and the concurrently available second generation 8 GB model are available at a new lower pricing structure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipod_touch

A light sensor means that the ipod will automatically adjust the screen's brightness depending on how much light it reads in the immediate vicinity (outside in the sun vs. in a dark room, etc.)

I was in walmart and asked if they had 2nd gen, and they had no idea what I was talking about...I think they only sell 3rd gen...ask your walmart if you get a chance....

If the box lists an inline remote control on the headphones then you are definitely looking at a 3rd generation.

is the deal only on the 8 gig or also the 32? and with the i tunes card can you buy apps and games and not just music?I am thinking of buying myself one of these but know NOTHING about them.. i want to be able to watch movies read ebooks and play games while i am at work for my 24 hour shifts

i want to be able to watch movies read ebooks and play games while i am at work for my 24 hour shifts

Yes, to all of those tasks.... Also, they can use WiFi, so if you can get a WiFi signal, you could also surf the internet, use Twitter, post here on Gottadeal, etc.

Yes, to all of those tasks.... Also, they can use WiFi, so if you can get a WiFi signal, you could also surf the internet, use Twitter, post here on Gottadeal, etc.

WOOHOO. I can hardly wait. NO wifi at work most days but there are rare times when someone has it. I am REALLY looking forward to having something to do late at night while others sleep. thank you for the info and thank you WM for having this deal. Gotta love Gottadeal and all brad and others do.. God Bless

You CAN'T get it at midnight. I called my local Wal-Mart and asked and they said that all the prices for Friday will go in effect at 5am. I told her that was kind of misleading seeing as it is a all day Friday deal and Friday starts at 12:00am when the store opens! :confused: