Do you or Will you do reconnaissance on Wednesday before Black Friday?

bigjimslade

Do you do reconnaissance on the Wednesday before Black Friday?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do reconnaissance on the Wednesday before Black Friday?

I do this with Kohl's and Target...Kohl's has stuff in such odd places, and plus if there is something that I MUST have (last year it was the GeoTrax plane set), I want to see how many there are, to see if I stand a chance of getting one...as it was, last year I went late Wednesday night and got the GeoTrax stuff, because there appeared to be only about 12 of the plane sets, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get to it before they were gone...

I have been doing recon for the past week. In the past I did most of my recon tryig to see what Best Buys line policy and ticket policy is, but this year I am going to be starting at other stores and not bothering with Best Buy, it creates a lot of new recon in order to see how other stores do their tickets and lines.

Im known as the bfriday lady because Im in the store from midnight until I get all my stuff. My son works at Walmart and the managers are asking him if I will be there this year. They have me a seat in the site to store area!!!!!! Thats where Big ticket items are put. lol

I have always done this. If I'm looking for a particular toy I look to see how many they have on the shelf and see where they are located if the shelf items are gone. This year will be different because I have so many different departments to go to at Target. Will still scope things out first though...

I may this year since I took the WEEK off work. It'll allow me to work out where I'm going/in what order/ and then possibly even where stuff will be. I must say though nothing has blown me away as of yet in the ads.

May have to be at TRU early for some baby piano for my nephew since I think its the most discounted item and since it's bulky may be short quantity.

I probably will on Monday since I will be in Rome anyways! I'm not waiting till Wednesday. I like for us to go to the clothing stores and try stuff on ahead of time that way we know what looks good. All the clothes and shoes are already out and I AM NOT waisting time trying stuff on that day!!

I plan on checking out Kohl's, Walmart, Belks, Target and Old Navy during the next week. I want to try on clothes beforehand as well. I always like to think about something before I purchase, especially with clothes. I'll have my mom with me and it'll be too hard to think so early in the morning with throngs of people surrounding me. I just want to be able to grab and go. I might order some on-line also and I prefer to see the item in person before I order.