Best Blu-ray deal for BF?

ICF

Any thoughts on which blu-ray player is the best deal out there this year?

This will be my 1st b.r. player, so I'm not sure what to look for exactly, if anything.

It will be hooked up to a 46 LCD and surround sound system, and I would like it to be able to pick up wi-fi signal to download from netflix or other video services, should we decide to get those (no membership currently, but want to keep options open).

Ideally, we would spend no more than $150 or so....thanks in advance.

Any thoughts on which blu-ray player is the best deal out there this year?

This will be my 1st b.r. player, so I'm not sure what to look for exactly, if anything.

It will be hooked up to a 46 LCD and surround sound system, and I would like it to be able to pick up wi-fi signal to download from netflix or other video services, should we decide to get those (no membership currently, but want to keep options open).

Ideally, we would spend no more than $150 or so....thanks in advance.

I think a PS3 would be a great player if you are in a position to spend $250. It will play netflix and games, and pull updates and email from the internet.

For a little less money, you could get a highly rated panasonic upconverting dvd player (for your stadard DVDs) with an internet connection so you can watch netflix. The ethernet is wired, but that's what you want anyway.

Saw this one at walmart yesterday... it says "wireless ready"... but what does it need to be wireless ready? do you know?

a wireless adapter. the one from them is big bucks. I got a Ethernet adapter thingie

see discussion here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=156296

it was too far to have cable traipsing through the house. works great. signal is wonderful. If I ever get rid of the player I can still use the unit adapter thing as a router, repeater, etc....

Slight deviation from topic:

Does anyone recall if NewEgg or TigerDirect had run any deals on Blu-Ray drives last year? I have a media center PC, and I'm hoping to upgrade it.

Newegg had a BD reader for $99 last week, but I've seen them cheaper. I saw a Sony reader for $80 recently. Burners are $150+ still :(.

Best Buy Insignia Blu-ray player NS-BRDVD3 with netflix for $99 in best buy ad is a good unit, I bought mine when they was on sale at the end of October.

Here is a thread on it at avs forums:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1182110

If I can get this one online that is what I am going to get. I just don't want to go to Best Buy for just this I want that I would have to stand in line for.

If I can get this one online that is what I am going to get. I just don't want to go to Best Buy for just this I want that I would have to stand in line for.

Well, you could pick up some BD movies while your there, lol. Seriously though, it isn't a doobuster, so that may be possible. If not, I'd imagine that they will have stacks of these, so you might be able to get there after the line goes down.

Well, you could pick up some BD movies while your there, lol. Seriously though, it isn't a doobuster, so that may be possible. If not, I'd imagine that they will have stacks of these, so you might be able to get there after the line goes down.

Good idea and thinking. I will go there afterward Target and Walmart.

No that Insignia player is not wireless, but they do have a wireless model that is $50 more. I bought mine online when they was $99 in October since they were sold out in the stores during the sale. At least this time they are throwing in some free blurays in this deal. It also upscales dvds very well, I was surprised about that, most of the cheaper players are crappy upscalers.

I did a simple review on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6HQ86ltXDk

been researching these for a while and now I am headed to bestbuy to get the Insignia® - Insignia® - Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi and 1080p Output on sale for $129.99. Been waiting for a good deal on a wifi that streams netflix and this looks like my best bet at better than BF prices. The reviews look good for blue rays and netflix.

I just got the LG BD 370 from Amazon for $142 with free shipping and 3 free Blue Ray movies.

It streams Netflix, Youtube, and Cinema Now. Very pleased with it.

I took advantage of the sale price at BB (which I believe was $124 not $129). Choose store pickup.

Connected it on Saturday. Took 90 seconds to hook up Netflix. Watched "Cadillac Records". Then went YouTubing. Very pleased.

I am waiting on a HDMI switch so I can go back and forth between the Blu-Ray and my Sattelite box. Therefore, it is currently connected by component connections, not HDMI.

So far, very happy.

FX

The sales guy at BB told my husband this past weekend that if we are wanting to get a blu-ray player that does Netflix right out of the box we should wait until this coming Saturday because they are going to have some kind of special.... no idea brand, price, etc though.

The sales guy at BB told my husband this past weekend that if we are wanting to get a blu-ray player that does Netflix right out of the box we should wait until this coming Saturday because they are going to have some kind of special.... no idea brand, price, etc though.

Im pretty sure they are talking about there Insignia BD player with netflix for 99.00 on black friday. Most BB employees have no idea whats going to be on sale, they don't know any more then we do!

I''m looking for Blue ray that plays netflix. The guys at BB seemed to be steering me away from the Insignia for 129.99 asking if I trusted "the BB brand". Has anyone had any problems with the Insignia's thus far? With the 129.99 system you don't need to buy an extra piece to pick up wireless so I'm thinking its a really good deal.

I''m looking for Blue ray that plays netflix. The guys at BB seemed to be steering me away from the Insignia for 129.99 asking if I trusted "the BB brand". Has anyone had any problems with the Insignia's thus far? With the 129.99 system you don't need to buy an extra piece to pick up wireless so I'm thinking its a really good deal.

I purchased the insignia Sunday at BB. I love it. Took me less than five minutes to set it up and connect to my wireless router. I am not that good with tech stuff but had no problems. No additional equipment required to start watching nextflix, assuming you already have a membership. It has updated everyday, the latest update put tons of movies to select through right on the TV, no more putting them in a stream folder on the computer, they are right there on the TV.