addicted to shopping for gifts?

conj

Argh. I have just about all that I need for DS, but I KEEP FINDING GREAT DEALS!:mad:

We celebrate Hannukah at home... some 8 presents... and hannukah is not a big present holiday... so small gifts....

plus the kids voted to give up a night of gifts, and we are to spend that money giving another child a holiday.... so only 7 gifts

plus the gift Santa brings - as the inlaws celebrate christmas....

DS has 7 small presents... don't even have the usual gloves....

I have 6 presents for DD (and Santa is thinking about a netbook if they go cheap this year)

WHY do I keep finding deals for DS????

Why can't I stop ordering things?

Are you in the same boat as me?

Yes! Every single year. I'm usually done shopping by the end of October but always see good deals and just keeping going. Then I end up with too much stuff and think it's no big deal because I can use it for B-Days or next X-mas. Well B-Day and next X-mas come around and the present seems a bit outdated for their interests or they are asking for totally different stuff!

So then I save the stuff for friends B-Day presents or they end up in the garage sale.

I've got to stop!

I have a shopping problem for 2 reasons. #1 is because last year, DH was unemployed so we had a very SMALL Christmas and we feel the need to make this one extra special. #2 because I started shopping so early. I bought my first Christmas present in July this year, and I have been shopping sales ever since. Since I have really saved alot of money, and I really haven't spent that much, I find that I am still buying. I told myself that Black Friday will be the last shopping I do for Christmas, so I am forcing myself to get my lists ready. At this point, I am honestly afraid the kids will be a little overwhelmed. Not only will they get gifts from us, but my parents spoil them rotten. I am going to have to start cleaning and organizing now just to make room for it all. UGH!

i went to see if I had enough for my kiddos stocking today and filled a bag for v-day and an easter basket..along with the stocking!! i don't have a ton of big stuff...but my cedar chest is overflowing with the small items!!

also, went to waldenbooks today and they had sheep webkins for 3.xx so I bought all 4, you know "just in case"...sick...sick!!