Walmart HP 15.6" Pavilion G60-519WM Entertainment Laptop PC

I actually bought two of the HP Laptops from Walmart (Nov-7). I fired one up the day of purchase. I was extremely impressed with the overall speed of the computer and the clarity of the monitor. Windows 7 appears to be a real jewel. I watched a movie from Netflix on the computer and the picture was near HD quality. The keyboard and pointer mouse function nicely. Unless you are a online gamer, I think it is foolish to spend a lot of money on a high-end system. Considering the technology advancement and the lowering price annually, why would you not want to buy a $300.00 on sale laptop? Just ask yourself, how much would this system have cost three years ago (3 gig of ram and a 250 gig hard drive). Just curious, did the best buy geek sell you a higher price computer?

I haven't opened mine but, was told by one of the head geeks from best buy's geek squad they are JUNK! I am returning it!

Of course BEST BUY is going to tell you a WM comp is junk....they don't get paid if you buy it from WM :rolleyes:

I have last years model and it's still working GREAT....i'm wishing I hadn't talked myself out of another one.

When I was in line last Saturday a man came up to myself and another lady saying has anyone read a consumers report on this and what do we know about this computer, I wonder if it's really a good deal etc...I said the specs were online and left it at that.I thought to myself, it's $300.00 what does he expect? I think it's fine for a basic computer, but then again I'm no expert.

Thanks for all the replies. I was on the fence about returning it but decided for 300.00 I'll keep it and am glad I did!! This laptop is perfect for just surfing the net, watching a movie and for some office tasks.

That is exactly what these computers are for, lite work for office task, surfing the net, and movies. They are not hard core game machines or used for video editing. Most people who use it like that will be happy ;).

I haven't opened mine but, was told by one of the head geeks from best buy's geek squad they are JUNK! I am returning it!

It's funny you say 'JUNK', I read in another forum, that BestBuy is about to sell one almost identical(same specs) by Acer for $249. I'd rather have the HP :yup: than the Acer:no:.

To a 'geek' any computer that is not the 'Top of the Line' is 'Junk', lol.

Ha, ha....my husband happens to be one of those "geeks" but not from a retail store and for the record hates Best Buy because they don't know what they are talking about when it comes to computer / laptops / hardware / software, etc. He agrees the laptop in question is not a "great" computer, meaning for business use or for hardcore gaming, but is great for a teenager or college kid. I have had two HP brand laptops and love them! Never had problems with them.