Lego Rock Band Question

sgigi

Does anyone know if you have to have the orignal Rock Band instruments to play the Lego Rock Band? I don't see it listed anywhere as a requirement but I would think you would. It looks fun and love the song list. Stupid me bought guitar hero world tour for my kids last easter. I should have got the rock band. Thanks

You can't use Guitar Hero equipment for Rock Band. We have both. You can buy other equipment, not the brand name stuff that is compatible with both.

ETA: Maybe the Rock Band Lego is different, but I know we can't play Guitar Hero games with Rock Band equipment and can't play Rock Band games with Guitar Hero equipment.

According to Rock Band's web site (http://www.rockband.com/compatibility), for XBOX 360: GH World Tour guitar and drums are compatible with Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and RB Beatles, for PS3: GH guitar is compatible with RB, RB2, and RB Beatles and drums are compatible with RB2 and RB Beatles, for PS2: GH guitar is compatible with RB and RB2, and for the Wii: GH guitar and drums are compatible with RB2 and RB Beatles. It also says that Lego Rock band shares the same instrument compatibility as Rock Band and Rock Band 2.

Oh, thanks! I hope this is true! I questioned this because if they needed the Rock Band instruments I figured they would have bundles. I can't find any bundles that include Lego Rock Band. My DS10 loves lego games and said he wanted this. I didn't want to buy if we couldn't use it. I'll see if we can maybe rent it first to make sure. Thanks to all the responses. Keep them coming if you have any other information!

• 2 weeks later...

slightly off topic, but I was interested in the guitar working I have a GH guitar and 2 games for it on PS 2 -- since Old Navy has a special promotion for Rockband & RB 2 on Thanksgiving and also for Lego RB on BF, I wanted to ask:

We have PS 2 and Wii and are getting PS 3, what is the best system to play Lego/any ROCKBAND game on?? I mean if I am going to get it for free and can choose whatever, then I want to go with the system that it is most fun to play it on..is there a general rumor/opinion on this??

Also, don't you think Old Navy may make the price of RB 2 (on Thurs) really high, thus making the "free guitar" not such a steal?? How much would be too much to charge for the RB 2 game, to make it "NOT" worth my time getting in line super early.?

Any help appreciated. :)