I'm doing a Black Friday Workshop - any tips?

erose630

Hey Everyone!

I'm doing a "Tips & Tricks for Black Friday" workshop for the staff at the university where I work on the Tuesday before BF.

I plan to reference this site a lot (we'll be doing the workshop in a computer lab) and I'm going to wear my BF GD shirt from last year.

Any other suggestions?

There will be approx 30 people coming.

I like the idea of a workshop. I figure a lot of people would find one both fun and informative, if a good presentation is made.

Maybe what we need is a "speakers bureau" where we "BF experts" offer to give a brief talk, maybe in exchage for a free dinner. Anyone want to prepare a slick PowerPoint presentation with tips and tricks? :)

On the other hand, are we sure we want to tell other locals how to get the doorbuster we are looking for? :tongue1:

I like the idea of a workshop. I figure a lot of people would find one both fun and informative, if a good presentation is made.

Maybe what we need is a "speakers bureau" where we "BF experts" offer to give a brief talk, maybe in exchage for a free dinner. Anyone want to prepare a slick PowerPoint presentation with tips and tricks? :)

On the other hand, are we sure we want to tell other locals how to get the doorbuster we are looking for? :tongue1:

lol, so far I think I am the only one in my city here!! ;)

Even though it is one of the least glamourous of the preparations, you definitely want to bring up some personal safety issues....Keeping track of the kids, Credit/Debit card theft, pickpockets, etc. We've all heard too many horror stories about people who get taken advantage of because they were so wrapped up in the excitement of the big day.

I don't know if black friday is something that can be taught. I will never forget my first one. I thought that I was so prepared and that I would have no problems. Boy was I ever wrong. I think that it is all about experience and finding a system that works for you. I would however, express the importance of team work and sneakers.

The director at my kids daycare asked me last year if I would be interested in giving a talk about how to get deals on black friday and other times. I found it really funny that people just don't know how to do it. I think everybody would fall over when I started with "Get up at 2am"

Maybe I could turn this into a second career!

The director at my kids daycare asked me last year if I would be interested in giving a talk about how to get deals on black friday and other times. I found it really funny that people just don't know how to do it. I think everybody would fall over when I started with "Get up at 2am"

Maybe I could turn this into a second career!

I'll send you a bunch of GD business cards. Hand one out to each person and say "class dismissed" :P

wow thats pretty cool. only workshop i have been to is no how to gut a book. i suggest asking all the people in this site from your prespective city what time to go cause it varies from states even counties. for some they can go at midnight and have a nice spot others they have to go at noon the day before just to be 30th in line.

Tell them that under NO circumstance are they ever to cut in line. They will get ran over by a little old lady in a Hover-round. (seriously... happened a few years ago at BB. Probably one of the most awesome sights I have ever seen. :))

I'm actually teaching one also. One of the things I do in my workshops is project gottadeal.com on the big screen. I literally walk people through the site.

That's on top of all the newbie tips, price drop info, etc. Walking people through the process of finding these deals is a big one. It surprises me to find out how many people aren't forum savvy and don't know how to navigate the 'deal hunting' experience. I try to explain all of that and make it fun too.

If you have access to a projector I would highly recommend that. Otherwise, you'll end up with tons of e-mails with questions about it. :)

Hope that helps!