Secret Sales This Year?

Nate Dogg

Anyone think they will have any secret sales this year?

They were really good 2 years ago, but they did not have any last year.

Has anyone heard anything?

:secret:

you mean those sales that come out on the website, but are valid in store also? I remember getting a toshiba laptop for like 250 2 or 3 years ago.

They had secret sales last year, I got text message alerts on my cell phone. A few of them the store was ignorant of. One of them was an mp3 player for 9.99 that was 99.99. They refused to honor it at my store saying they hadn't heard it and wouldn't let anyone have it that cheap. I called 800- walmart and they told me they couldn't force any store to honor their prices but they sent me a 25.00 gift card. I signed up for alerts again a few days ago but haven't gotten any.

You know this is about Best Buy, not Walmart....right?

They had secret sales last year, I got text message alerts on my cell phone. A few of them the store was ignorant of. One of them was an mp3 player for 9.99 that was 99.99. They refused to honor it at my store saying they hadn't heard it and wouldn't let anyone have it that cheap. I called 800- walmart and they told me they couldn't force any store to honor their prices but they sent me a 25.00 gift card. I signed up for alerts again a few days ago but haven't gotten any.

I haven't heard of any special sales this year, but the trend seems to be Best Buy reacts to other competitors pricing, not be the leader, so I don't expect them to have anything hidden up their sleeves this year. If a tv or blu ray player goes super cheap at Wal-Mart for example, expect Best Buy to match them, or beat them ASAP, Best Buy wants to be considered to have the lowest price on all electronics, so they will be making price moves at a constant rate.

I haven't heard of any special sales this year, but the trend seems to be Best Buy reacts to other competitors pricing, not be the leader, so I don't expect them to have anything hidden up their sleeves this year. If a tv or blu ray player goes super cheap at Wal-Mart for example, expect Best Buy to match them, or beat them ASAP, Best Buy wants to be considered to have the lowest price on all electronics, so they will be making price moves at a constant rate.

You right about the price matching WM had a 42in SHARP for 498 now suddenly BB has a 42in Insignia for 498 :gdparanoid: hhhmmmmmm.......I just checked BB web-site for any midnight releases, pre-sales, etc......nothng came up. Just a Reward Zone members only shopping special. I didnt see anything worth going for. My neighbor works at a local best buy as a stock boy. I'll see if I can get any info out of him!! ;)

I don't think they will, they didn't last year and this year there isn't really any competion for them.

So Walmart never caused best buy for two years in a row to come up with secret sales of their own? Nothing that Circuit city ever did with rebates caused a stir like best buy's reaction to Walmart's tactics.

I don't think they will, they didn't last year and this year there isn't really any competion for them.

No competition...:confused: Walmart is a major one! Maybe not for washers/dryers.. but for TVs, Computers, Game Systems, Camera'a etc.. they sure are.. There is also Target in the running too for some of their items.. Yes, there is competition.. maybe not where you live.. but here they do...:yup:

No competition...:confused: Walmart is a major one! Maybe not for washers/dryers.. but for TVs, Computers, Game Systems, Camera'a etc.. they sure are.. There is also Target in the running too for some of their items.. Yes, there is competition.. maybe not where you live.. but here they do...:yup:

After judgeing by what bestbuy did this year already I guess I was wrong. :blush:

Of all things I was suprised amazon came out of the hole with somthing.

After judgeing by what bestbuy did this year already I guess I was wrong. :blush:

honest mistake, you considered Best Buy as an "electronics/speciality" store and Walmart more like your department store probably.. which can happen...:) no matter what, we are all here for the same thing... good deals, great sales... no matter who or why they happen...:yup:

Last year I actually bought a laptop 2 weeks before bf and I have still yet to find a better deal.

HP 17in, Dedicated 512MB, 4GB, Blu Ray, 250GB HD, Windows Vista, Freakin Subwoofer... for 800$.

Im hoping to find somthing simliar this year to replace it, but I don't think I will, especially with the Dedicated Video Card.

I can only hope that bestbuy can pull somthing off with a secret sale. Most laptops in this range are 1100$ right now..

I don't remember but I think they had a couple last year even thoe it wasn't mentioned. But I think a big part was to do with CircuitCity.

It seems mabye the days of Black Friday are numbered, and so has begun Black November. :-p

I think if I wait at Bestbuy its going to be for that netbook and sony vaio laptop for friends or family if they still want it by then.

Mabye ill just skip it and eat turkey in a warm house.. not like it will be very cold here in sarasota, 55f w00t.

This could be the only way to get me in the store, although, by the time they post the ad, if they even bother, I would normally have been on line at BB had they had any good deals. This year after seeing the ad I'll be about 60 miles away having turkey, something I haven't been able to do since 1996 when I first started lining up early for BF at BB.

Last year I actually bought a laptop 2 weeks before bf and I have still yet to find a better deal.

HP 17in, Dedicated 512MB, 4GB, Blu Ray, 250GB HD, Windows Vista, Freakin Subwoofer... for 800$.

Im hoping to find somthing simliar this year to replace it, but I don't think I will, especially with the Dedicated Video Card.

I can only hope that bestbuy can pull somthing off with a secret sale. Most laptops in this range are 1100$ right now..

Yup, with the crappy ads this year I may just fix up one of my older computers rather than buy a new one. Not any good deals on laptops or desktops yet, and most of the good ads are available.

Yup, with the crappy ads this year I may just fix up one of my older computers rather than buy a new one. Not any good deals on laptops or desktops yet, and most of the good ads are available.

I just bought a laptop last week to replace mine, i7 core, 17in led, 230m 1gb, 4gb ddr3, 320gb hd, wireless n, webcam, windows 7 home, blu ray = 999$ cheapest you can get a i7 quad on a laptop. Sold my old one for 600$ spent 399$ not to shabby.

Don't expect any secret sales, though they might have a couple last minute price changes to tv's for the day after. Best Buy is all abotu spreading out their deals throughout the holidays. 2 weeks ago we had the uber cheap Panasonic tv, and last week they offered a $249 laptop. I imagine the trend will continue.

When do we normally see the "secret" sale posted here?

Last year I held out till the last second with no luck.

Best Buy usually adds a link to their front page for any specials. Also sign up for Deal of The Day texts on their website, they will text you their daily deals, which sometimes are good, sometimes suck.

Did you know that if you ask to see the manager at BB and tell them you want to get whatever item it is you are looking for at the LOWEST price they have offered it at, they will look it up on thir computor and honor that price?

just got the LG 55LH90 LLED LCD FOR $1999.00 And that was the price they offered it at this summer.

Did you know that if you ask to see the manager at BB and tell them you want to get whatever item it is you are looking for at the LOWEST price they have offered it at, they will look it up on thir computor and honor that price?

just got the LG 55LH90 LLED LCD FOR $1999.00 And that was the price they offered it at this summer.

Interesting, pics or it didn't happen heh.