6-Pc. Silicone Bake Set NOW $6.19 (was $24.99) @ Brylanehome

aprncess

6-Pc. Silicone Bake Set

This silicone bake set is a snap to clean and store. Plus, just twist and release for non-stick ease. Set includes: 6-cup Muffin Pan, Tarte Pan, Loaf Pan, Spatula, Pastry Brush and Trivet/Pot Holder. Imported.

Was $24.99

NOW: $6.19 + Shipping

LINK

http://media.redcatsusa.com/is/image/brylanehome/mm/1554_04360_mm_0517.jpg?wid=275&hei=275&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

Has anyone used silicon before? I don't have any experience with it, but it seems like a good deal!

It is a good deal!!!:yup:

Silicon bakes HOT!!! So, you need to watch your baking until you get the hang of it. I think if bake time is 30 min it will get done in about 20.

I havent ordered yet but these are the cheapeast clearance items and looks like a great deal

http://www.brylanehome.com/decor/3Pc-On-The-Go-Bag-Set.aspx?PfId=120450&DeptId=15324&producttypeid=1&pref=SavedBasket

and you can still use the code above for the free sewing machine!! total would be $10.XX including shipping not too shabby but i really dont need either lol

It is a good deal!!!:yup:

Silicon bakes HOT!!! So, you need to watch your baking until you get the hang of it. I think if bake time is 30 min it will get done in about 20.

Seems like you are only one on this thread that has tried it... is it really that good? I mean is the non-stickability the best you've ever had? ...

I am just trying to weigh pros/cons.

I would think you need to put a pan or tray under it to get it in and out of oven...that is extra work (to me)

and does it matter what kind of pan you have under there? That might make things cook differently?

I like the idea of easy storage, the smush factor, lightweight, not alot of clanging around... I don't have alot of storage space...

I have used silicone for about 3 years or more. I really like it and bought my set at Costco. All of my pieces are getting kinda cruddy looking b/c I use cooking spray. I have heard other people say that they don't use cooking spray, but I think I would have problems with things coming out of the molds without the spray. Everything seems to cook very evenly, and it does cook more quickly. I have never put something underneath the silicone to make it more stable. I am just very very careful taking it out of the oven. I would think that you could place a cookie sheet underneath the silicone, but I wonder if this would cause more heat to be reflected? I use my 13x9 baker more than any other piece that I own, but I notice that it's not included with this set.

Seems like you are only one on this thread that has tried it... is it really that good? I mean is the non-stickability the best you've ever had? ...

I am just trying to weigh pros/cons.

I would think you need to put a pan or tray under it to get it in and out of oven...that is extra work (to me)

and does it matter what kind of pan you have under there? That might make things cook differently?

I like the idea of easy storage, the smush factor, lightweight, not alot of clanging around... I don't have alot of storage space...

I personally haven't used the pans, I have used the silicone baking mats and I do love them. My cookies always come out perfectly, not burned.

I got the silicone, just so that I could get the free sewing machine. My sister in law likes sewing and I am hoping the quality is good. This will be her Christmas present. Total with shipping $11.49

I ordered the silicone set and the free sewing machine on 10-29-09. Yesterday, I received a shipping notice from BrylaneHome listing that both were shipped with a UPS tracking #. When I arrived home, I had indeed received the silicone set, but there was no sewing machine. They took the liberty of substituting the machine for a tan-colored, micro-fiber tote bag:yuck:. Just giving everyone a heads up!:gdangry3:

Edited by crhoward
Formatting

Has anyone else received their order and actually received the mythical free sewing machine? :rolleyes: I'm sure I can find some use for my new tan bag :tongue1:. I guess I can't be too disappointed since I've always wanted to try a silicone baking set. I think I'll bake some muffins this weekend...:gdlicklips:

Some people I know did receive the sewing machine and they said it was small and ok. What is weird is that you can go on the website and order the sewing machine for $29....so they are in stock. I just wonder why they are substituting them if they have them in stock. Sounds like they are just trying to give away a cheaper gift so they are not out so much money!! :~(

I havent received the sewing machine yet but I checked my account (order status), and they sent the first part of my order. The Sewing Machine hasnt been shipped yet but it still shows up (they did not cancel it). Could this tan bag be some type of apology: "sorry we couldnt send your complete order at once" so here you go?

Those who received the tan bag... Does your sewing machine show as cancelled in your order?

Mine just shows that the bag was substituted for the sewing machine. Think I am going to send my stuff back.. I really do not need the bag. I put in 3 orders, separately, all 3 I got the bag.

It says on my packing slip: "free" , and then shipping status: "Substituted for 1554 6C 0185-6*" which I assume is the sewing machine.