Share Your Black Friday "Happy" Stories

HansieDZ

Since we have threads about peeves (we surely can relate) or bad things that happen on BF......

In the spirit of the season,

let's have a thread about good things that might have happened to you unexpectedly,or just any example of a beautiful witness to the true holiday spirit.

I will say that here in my corner of the world,we are pretty civil and I love the people who dress in their Christmasey clothes on BF-thank you! It really sets the tone and I love the stores that play Christmas songs on the p.a. system.

Well Hansie, I guess I am one of the people you love on BF. I always wear a Christmas sweatshirt to go BF shopping. Its tradition, lol. I agree, it sets the mood and gets things off to a festive start. Heck, I even wear a Christmas tee shirt on Thanksgiving while I am cooking. Its too hot in the kitchen for long sleeves and I have a cute Snoopy tee shirt with Snoopy carrying a plate of cookies. Its perfect to wear while cooking Thanksgiving dinner.

Elena

Well this is my happy story ... last year on Thanksgiving night our dog got loose and we looked for him for a couple of hours now granted our family owns a farm and we have A LOT of land... We finally had to call it a night because it was so late ... well my dad told me and my mom to go ahead and go shopping even though i really wasnt in the mood too... he calls us later that day and said he found him on the far back side of the farm walking down the road. I was so relieved... So it was a very Happy BF for me... and he has not gotten lost ever since as we are more careful now...:)

In the past, when Black Friday was arriving, all my friends were excited, traveled to Laredo and always were between the 10 first at line. Obviously, we arrived one day before and we played football, jokes, laughs, told stories and all that things to make our friendship forever.:)

We were singles, and now, several years have passed....All my friends have family, one or two are in other mexican state and BF is not an option because US about 1,000 Km far away...

I miss you guys...

The happiest thing in a BF? The ours before 5:00 am......All my friends together!!!

Last year, I had a "feel good" moment. Walmart had DS's on sale on BF (the mario limited edition ones), and my aunt was looking for 2 for her grandsons. Me and my mom went a little early to see if we could snatch any up and by time we got there they were gone. Called my aunt and she said she had someone else pick them up so she did indeed get them. My mother and I was standing in line and I decided to go back to toys again to grab another Hannah Montana doll that was $5 for a gift for my cousin, and lo and behold there was a mario nintendo DS sitting right there on top of the toys. I didn't need it, but I picked it up anyways because I just couldn't believe I seen it sitting there. I walked back to my mom in line and told her about it, and the lady behind me said," Ma'am, I overheard you and you said you weren't buying it. Did you have any use for it? I guess that was her main reason for shopping walmart last year and didn't get one. I handed it to her and she was the happiest person I'd seen all morning! She was on the phone calling her husband with joy and thanked me a million times!

Last year I was one of the fools that arrived at Walmart at 3am to get a 50 inch plasma TV. I was by myself and didn't really think about how I was going to get it into my car. As I stood out in the parking lot staring at the box a gentleman and his son stopped and asked if they could help! I promised them I would pay if forward!

Last year I was one of the fools that arrived at Walmart at 3am to get a 50 inch plasma TV. I was by myself and didn't really think about how I was going to get it into my car. As I stood out in the parking lot staring at the box a gentleman and his son stopped and asked if they could help! I promised them I would pay if forward!

:gdthums:[

Two years ago, when Wii was in such short supply, I happened to wait in line for Target to open with a woman who only wanted a Wii for her two kids. When the doors opened and everyone headed in I made it to electronics first and grabbed one. I put in in my cart for her, then had to search the whole store. I did find her, and she was so happy that she cried. It made my entire day and I hope it made her kid's Christmas. :)

Two years ago, I went on Black Friday with my sons who were both about to turn 12. My son Aleksey is pretty quiet and reserved but he talked up a storm that day. He enjoyed seeing the lights and seeing the crowds.

We don't go to BB or Walmart, we go to the mall or small stores. My boys both grin ear to ear at everything.

We bought their Dad a couple of gifts and their sister a few gifts. I actually bought most of their gifts online already

It was a blast for Mom and the boys just to go out by ourselves and go shopping. I had won a ton of gift cards and didn't spend anyting except for lunch for us.

They are both about to turn 14 this year and look FORWARD to going to with me again. And I've got a stack of gift cards to use again.. been a GREAT year as a sweeper, AMAZING year for me. :D

I know sooner or later, going out with Mom is going to be a 'ewwwwwwww' factor but for now, tehy still look forward to this. :P

My idea of a "Happy" BF? Sleeping until 8 a.m., groggily heading to the computer in my flannel jammies, hot chocolate in hand, and getting the same deals (or BETTER) with a few clicks of the mouse. :tongue1:

Better yet? Waiting until Saturday night, heading to the computer with a glass of wine and getting even better deals with a few clicks of the mouse! ;)

Three years ago, Circuit City had a great deal on an all in one. Wasn't a doorbuster, but still less than 1/2 price. However, there were higher priority stores to get to first, so didn't get there until about 7:45. Found where they had been, and all gone. Wen't hunting to see if I could find one, and nope. Another guy came up and was looking for the same one. I tracked down a employee, and asked if he would go check in the back. Both me and the other guy were waiting by the door to the backroom when he comes out with ONE and said it was the last one. I figured, oh boy, I'm going to have to fight for it, and the other guy says "No problem. You were the one who asked him for it" and walked away. Kind of blew me away...

I usually go out with my brother, and sometimes sil. We have a great time acting silly, and talking to the other people in line. We also try & help people whenever we can- holding places in line, so we can take turns going and looking for items, getting things off taller shelves, or picking up toys that others are looking for. Money is really tight this year, but I'm still looking forward to going out!