Do you think people will sell their tickets this year due to the economy

lovebears65

Every year this comes up, and the posters split between those who say "we earned the tickets and we can do as we please" and those who say "we waited in line longer than the buyers and should get first dibs on any extra tickets". Like years past I say, "get your rumps up there earlier than the sellers if you want a guaranty of availability." You weren't willing to camp out as long, so too bad, you risk not getting an item. Someone else was willing to work harder than you (i.e. stand in line longer) to get something. That's what this country's economic system used to be all about. If you have to have something, get there on Thursday morning before 10 am. Then you'll get it. Saving places (anthing more than 1 for 1 replacement) and line cutting is another matter and should be met with public flogging :eek:

There's also people like me who 1. no way in hell would camp out for two friggin days for anything and 2. hope it rains/snows on Thanksgiving day (right after my roadrace).

:D

Here is my take. Yes, you can do what you want with the tickets. But for the people that buy them I ask, why? You are cutting into the price of the item you want. Yeah, you are paying for someone standing in line for you, but why let them profit. That's got to be something, to have the idea to sell 'worthless' tickets for money. Yeah, again, you are standing in line, but you are just doing it to make a buck. Yeah, you have a job, so why do you have to make a buck? I just can't fathom why you feel the need to make money on it. The same goes for those people whose only purpose is to resell the item and make a buck. There is no intent to keep the item, just to benefit from people others who didn't get in line sooner. The same goes for the people who resell game consoles and such when they are 'hot' and the picture online shows a stack of 20 with the price jacked up an extra $100. What a joke, you are not a store or have a license to sell those items like the stores do. Again, just to profit off of people who can't find one in the store(mainly because someone bought them all up to resell for profit). I just can't figure it out. Heck, I've given tickets away to people after I realized I didn't need or could afford something. Again, you can do what you want and people can buy from you, but it just seems like its for the wrong reasons (making a quick buck). BTW, I'd hate to be the 21st guy only to find out I would of had the item, but someone decided it was more important for them to make a buck reselling the ticket. Yeah, I'd have to 'deal with it' (the old selfish attitude), only so someone could profit from others, not because they really wanted or needed the item.

Here is my take. Yes, you can do what you want with the tickets. But for the people that buy them I ask, why? You are cutting into the price of the item you want. Yeah, you are paying for someone standing in line for you, but why let them profit. That's got to be something, to have the idea to sell 'worthless' tickets for money. Yeah, again, you are standing in line, but you are just doing it to make a buck. Yeah, you have a job, so why do you have to make a buck? I just can't fathom why you feel the need to make money on it. The same goes for those people whose only purpose is to resell the item and make a buck. There is no intent to keep the item, just to benefit from people others who didn't get in line sooner.

The annual "harrumphing over the ethics of selling a doorbuster ticket" is misplaced. Best Buy set the rules, and except for stores that expressly prohibit scalping, it is "acceptable". If people don't like how Best Buy has things set up, complain to Best Buy. Trying to establish some mythical ethical standard is a bit silly. I don't like how Walmart does their Black Friday events, I expressed my opinion about it to them, and refuse to participate until they change things. If people feel the same way about Best Buy, then do the same thing.

This sense of entitlement is quite puzzling. :confused:

After seeing exactly how Walmart is going to run things, all of the people with a problem with selling tickets need to go where their sense of fair play is now well established, Walmart!!!!

Thank you Walmart for ending this argument, and for giving people who only want one item and likewise for others a place to go for black Friday. Never again should you ever grace the threshold of best Buy with their greedy ticket sellers.:gd_pirate:gd_pirate:gd_pirate:gd_pirate

without a limit to the number of coupons a person can get (1 or 2 coupons to buy different items) there is little point to waste your time in the early morning unless you're in the first twenty in line.

I find that the first 50 or so fare pretty well. It is the jokers around the side that come late and cause a lot of trouble, expecting the line to stay constant, wanting everything for a 1 hour investment, etc.:cheesy: