WiFi at BestBuy

Klownicle

Im confident all BestBuys use the same WiFi network names and usually there is one that is unsecured. The problem is there SSID's are hidden. Last year I bought a laptop before Black Friday from a BestBuy it had turned out that BestBuy optimized my laptop and had connected it to the WiFi network. This was at a DIFFERENT BestBuy then the one I camped at.

The odd part was when I was at my camped BestBuy I had internet and no one else did. A Geek Squad employee came up to me, and mentioned about getting WiFi since I had my laptop. I told him I already had it, he saw the network I was connected to and it was the Unsecured WiFi network.

Has anyone had the same expierence? If so, what was the network name you had? I remember mine had somthing like TehShack or somthing with Teh. I have since formated my laptop so don't have the SSID anymore.

Again this was at two different BestBuys.

FYI thoe, there networks are protected by a proxy so some sites won't work: IE: remote login websites (logmein, vnc;default 5900 port), streaming websites (orbcast etc).

But for the people that bring there laptops its a nice thing to have while at a BestBuy.

Im confident all BestBuys use the same WiFi network names and usually there is one that is unsecured. The problem is there SSID's are hidden. Last year I bought a laptop before Black Friday from a BestBuy it had turned out that BestBuy optimized my laptop and had connected it to the WiFi network. This was at a DIFFERENT BestBuy then the one I camped at.

The odd part was when I was at my camped BestBuy I had internet and no one else did. A Geek Squad employee came up to me, and mentioned about getting WiFi since I had my laptop. I told him I already had it, he saw the network I was connected to and it was the Unsecured WiFi network.

Has anyone had the same expierence? If so, what was the network name you had? I remember mine had somthing like TehShack or somthing with Teh. I have since formated my laptop so don't have the SSID anymore.

Again this was at two different BestBuys.

FYI thoe, there networks are protected by a proxy so some sites won't work: IE: remote login websites (logmein, vnc;default 5900 port), streaming websites (orbcast etc).

But for the people that bring there laptops its a nice thing to have while at a BestBuy.

I would be thrilled if I could be online via my laptop and not my cell while camped out. I wish I could help you out but I cant.

• 2 weeks later...

The BB where we BF shop absolutely will not allow connections to their network. Being a long time BF shopper there (as well as other times of the year) some management and many employees know us. While they would like to oblige us, they consider it a security risk. I can understand that, as I won't run my home router unsecured.

I now borrow my SO's brothers Sprint wireless card for BF so I don't worry about locating an unsecured network.