Gottadeal Forum Issue?

ObiRich

Sometimes when I click on the arrow to go to the first unread post in a thread. I get a "The administrator has banned your IP" error. If I hit the back button and then click on the title of the thread it will open, and then I can navigate to the latest post(s). Any idea why this happens, how to fix it, and does anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes when I click on the arrow to go to the first unread post in a thread. I get a "The administrator has banned your IP" error. If I hit the back button and then click on the title of the thread it will open, and then I can navigate to the latest post(s). Any idea why this happens, how to fix it, and does anyone else have this problem?

Looks like you are using AOL, which changes your IP address constantly, so maybe someone who had used that IP address in the past was banned. If you can figure out what IP address you are using when you get the 'banned' message, we can unblock that IP.

Looks like you are using AOL, which changes your IP address constantly, so maybe someone who had used that IP address in the past was banned. If you can figure out what IP address you are using when you get the 'banned' message, we can unblock that IP.

Yes, I use AOL, but just piggyback it on my Comcast cable. The IP address on my cable modem is 24.10.221.250. As far as I know, that's not changed since it was set up several years ago.

Yes, I use AOL, but just piggyback it on my Comcast cable. The IP address on my cable modem is 24.10.221.250. As far as I know, that's not changed since it was set up several years ago.

The forum shows this info for your last post:

The IP Address is: 207.200.116.73

The host name is: cache-ntc-ab09.proxy.aol.com

So it's definitely going through AOL.

The forum shows this info for your last post:

The IP Address is: 207.200.116.73

The host name is: cache-ntc-ab09.proxy.aol.com

So it's definitely going through AOL.

Ok. I'll try it a few times through IE and see if I have the same problem. It's just strange though that if I hit the back button, then click on the title of the thread, I don't have the same problem.

If you use the AOL program to get into GD you will have an issue since you are connecting to comcast and then AOL servers and then using AOL servers to connect to the net. If you dont use the AOL program I think you will be ok.

Ok. I'll try it a few times through IE and see if I have the same problem. It's just strange though that if I hit the back button, then click on the title of the thread, I don't have the same problem.

For the past couple of days, the forum images are all messed up and the pages are pushed around by images that are out of place. Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this?

Probably something with your computer. Haven't seen anything and nobody has reported anything like that.

• 2 weeks later...