*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

I want to play. I'm almost didn't see this. Glad it showed up under the last post column on the main Forum page. My first exchange here was the SSS, I had an original SSS and was a lifesavor.

I was just wondering because others might miss it too. Why is it under Black Friday instead of the Off Topic Forum/Gotta Talk Lounge?

I'll email you today. Thank you for organizing these exchanges.

it is holiday related and will be in Holiday Discussion forum once it is up. It is just here for now

I am anxious to join the group, I have belonged to other groups in the past, Not anything by mail,I plan on sending the items I have signed up for,and will accept anything that I am sent without complaining,I try to remember do unto others as you would yourself,

i know it adds up quick for the card exchange $0.42 stamp times 50 people could be $21. and then cards even cheap ones adds up at that many. It is easier when we started earlier this year, if you put put $5 away in Sept, Oct, Nov, and then in December it will be easier for some.

if you end up with extra stamps you will eventually use them so no biggie

just an idea

I sent my email!!!!! I can't wait to get my name.

I tried my best to give some good likes and dislikes for my ss. I hope it helps.

I saw that the last day to ship is 12-6, but when is the first day to ship or is there one?

Edited by jarerice

Thanks Eve for doing this for us!

I hope Eve doesn't kill me for making this comment about the card exchange .. but last year my kids were upset that the cards came addressed to me only (they can't open my mail) so I'm sending my info with "& family". I know most of us have kids .. so if you want them included on the envelope for the card .. I don't mind adding it on yours if you'll add it on mine!

Thanks Eve for doing this for us!

I hope Eve doesn't kill me for making this comment about the card exchange .. but last year my kids were upset that the cards came addressed to me only (they can't open my mail) so I'm sending my info with "& family". I know most of us have kids .. so if you want them included on the envelope for the card .. I don't mind adding it on yours if you'll add it on mine!

no actually that is a great idea the way you sent the email;)

I am a little confused about the list of names for the cards, can any one help me?

With the cards, you send to everyone who signs up. It may be 20 people, but it may be 100. You have to send to everyone. I didn't sign up this year. I was scared that I could not afford it and it take away from my SS gifts. I have something very special planned for my SS. But last years was so much fun!

I am a little confused about the list of names for the cards, can any one help me?

Also know that you will get a list of everyone's real names and addresses when the list is

finalized sometime in November.

But Jarerice is right .. you send a card to everyone on the list and you will get one from everyone on the list back!

I know it wasn't in Eve's post, but I was thinking of getting everyone to list their shirt and shoe size. Just in case. That way Eve doesn't have to ask someone later if they decide to buy a gift like that.

I'll start.

Small shirt

5 and a 1/2 shoe (sometimes a 6), but most of the time 5 and a 1/2

I am so excited about this again this year!! I have to admit my mind goes blank every year when I am trying to list my likes and dislikes!!LOL!! Just like when my DH asks if there is anything I would like for a gift!! BLANK!!!!

I have started to brainstorm some ideas for who ever I get!! It just seems so long to wait!!!

l would like to play this time but I have a couple of questions. I will have an APO address so will that a problem? Also, I don't think I can receive homemade stuff at the APO. I can just put that in the app. though, right? Thanks a bunch!

I have no idea how apo works so i can not really answer you. I would assume it would not be a problem.