Are signatures allowed on the forum?
Posted Aug 19, 2008 - 1:29 pm
1. Members must have 5 posts and have been a member for at least one week to use signatures. Neffing to reach this number of posts will result in your posts being deleted.
2. Signatures may be disabled as needed due to server restraints.
3. Images are not allowed in signatures. Smilies, however, are allowed, but excessive use will not be tolerated.
4. Links or web addresses are not allowed in signatures.
5. There is a maximum of 4 lines of text for all signatures.
6. You may change the color, alignment or font style for the text, as well as add bold, italics or underlined text. Font size cannot be changed.
7. Signatures are for personal use and cannot be used to post referrals of any kind, promote a business, or any other activity that is not otherwise allowed on the board per forum rules.
8. No political-related signatures are allowed.
9. The admins and mods reserve the right to change these guidelines or disable signatures at anytime as deemed necessary.
10. Members who violate these rules will have their signatures disabled permanently and risk possible banning.
If you have any questions about this topic, please post here.
Posted Nov 4, 2008 - 6:02 am
thanks well it says that i am not allowed to have a signature? do you know why?
You have to be a member for a certain amount of time with a certain number of posts before you can have a signature.
It is to prevent spammers from signing up and immediately putting spam in their signature.
I can't remember the exact requirements off the top of my head, but if you remain active, you will be able to have a signature before you know it.
Posted Nov 9, 2008 - 11:52 pm
Re #8, "No political-related signatures are allowed," I've noticed at least one in my travels around the board this evening. Have the rules changed?
No, the rules have not changed. If you see a signature that doesn't follow the guidelines, PM myself or one of the mods.
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users