Sears.com Black Friday Deals [NOW ONLINE!]

Brad

My order number is sitting at my sister's house, since that's where I did the order from. However, I did just get an email from sears.com saying that there is a delay in sending out confirmation emails, and that my order was in fact received, and is being processed.

And really, that's all I wanted, to make sure I was actually receiving the items I ordered.

I just got an email that the 2 digital photo keychains I ordered ($12.98 each) are being cancelled due to demand. BOO!! I want those keychains... I haven't seen anything really close to that price range for a similar product. This really sucks! I ordered at 5am on Friday morning and it took until now to tell me I couldn't have them. Still no email confirmation on the rest of my order either!

I'm with you on the canceled order.:mad: Still no e-mail confirmation on what I will get. This is my first year ordering on line. Is this normal???? I was at the BM store and should have just got what I needed. I thought I was being sooooo smart. GRRRR:confused:

I did get an email confirmation on the rest of my order very soon after the cancellation email (the rest has apparently shipped). I ended up buying a couple keychains from QVC, they ended up being about $20 each though. Pretty irritating.

I got my email explaining the delay in confirmation this morning (I ordered at 5 am sharp- on Friday). Then a few hours later I got an email saying the order was CANCELLED! I called them and after being on hold for twenty minutes was told, yep, out of stock. I said it sure wasn't out of stock when I ordered the stuff. And in fact there were a few items I had wanted that DID show out of stock, so I had gone down there and gotten those, but bypassed the stuff that I had ordered earlier online, since it showed in stock and appeared to be fine.

I asked the lady if the stuff was out of stock, why did it STILL (tonite) show all the items (minus one) as IN STOCK? She put me on hold for another 15 minutes and a "supervisor" got on. She explained to me that all online orders are dependant on availability. HUH? It showed IN STOCK... and is STILL showing in stock. She said no, that that was in stock for other areas... I said NO... this is when I log in and use MY zip code! She finally agreed to redo the order for me... at TODAYS prices. I said NO! Finally she said she could do it at today's prices, then credit me back the difference. She didn't want to give me the $10 off $50 like I got initially, but when I said to forget it, that I was going to complain to high heaven and back and raise a huge stink, then she said she would do it. MAN!!! What a PITA! Now let's see if they fix this all correctly!!!

I didn't get much sympathy from her when I said had I known it was an "iffy" situation, I would have just gone the 4 stinking blocks from my house to the B&M to buy ALL of the items I wanted and forgotten the dang internet ordering. I am steering clear of Sears' online buys til they fix the system. What is it they say? Me thinks the patients are in charge of the assylum!

Got emails yesterday indicating that my order from Black Friday was canceled due to errors in the website on Black Friday.

Called customer service right away, waitied for 30 minutes on hold, and finally found out that they will not reinstate my order, pricing is long gone, and no substitutions will be made.

Best part is that the items that are still in stock, they won't honor the order or price. They told me I had to reorder and pay full price. But they were quick to point out that they did me a huge favor by not charging my credit card for the order and wouldn't have to mess up my statement by having a charge and return immediately thereafter. Wow, what a relief that is!

I am beyond irate. I did a great deal of Christmas shopping at Sears.com since I could aviod the malls. Now I am screwed.

Searts better buck up, or

I don't know what to think.

I placed my order at 5 am sharp on BF - everything went through fine and I printed my confirmation. I received an email confirmation from them on Saturday. Yesterday at 6:50 pm I got an email that they canceled my order and would credit back the amount on my card; I sent a rather scathing email to CS. I didn't get any sort of reply from CS, but at 8:30 (so almost 2 hours after the cancellation email) I got an email apologizing for the delay but that my order was received and being processed. When I go to their order status and put in the order # it doesn't give me any sort of status, but all of the order details are still there and it doesn't show a cancelation.

What on Earth should I think about this???? I need a new camcorder before Christmas. I can buy another one elsewhere, but then what if my order is still good and I end up paying for and receiving two?

Any insight?

Jennifer

I emailed Sears from the website about the Black Friday Sale. I got a response within 24 hours that someone would contact me. I got a voice mail from an Asst. Mgr. at my local Sears and it was something on these lines - "We received a call from our Office that you were unhappy about the BF sale. Our ad did state that "while quantities last". You were not the only one that was unhappy. I did make a call to our buyer to see if we could get another TV and I will call you tomorrow". I was after the Sharp Aquos at $999, I don't expect to hear anything positive from them, but I will post what I am told.

Well, you got further than I did :mad: I just spent the last 40 minutes trying to get this straightened out and got nowhere. I ordered when the sale first went live and immediately received confirmation. Then this morning I got the cancellation email. I said pretty much the exact same things you did. The items I ordered are STILL showing in stock online but DOUBLE the price now. Only the excuse I got was that the system was overloaded, they oversold the amount they actually had, and even though those items showed to be instock on their site, that they indeed were not and were not available for ordering, even at the higher prices. And don't even get me started on my other order I placed at the first of the month that is STILL messed up :mad:

I got my email explaining the delay in confirmation this morning (I ordered at 5 am sharp- on Friday). Then a few hours later I got an email saying the order was CANCELLED! I called them and after being on hold for twenty minutes was told, yep, out of stock. I said it sure wasn't out of stock when I ordered the stuff. And in fact there were a few items I had wanted that DID show out of stock, so I had gone down there and gotten those, but bypassed the stuff that I had ordered earlier online, since it showed in stock and appeared to be fine.

I asked the lady if the stuff was out of stock, why did it STILL (tonite) show all the items (minus one) as IN STOCK? She put me on hold for another 15 minutes and a "supervisor" got on. She explained to me that all online orders are dependant on availability. HUH? It showed IN STOCK... and is STILL showing in stock. She said no, that that was in stock for other areas... I said NO... this is when I log in and use MY zip code! She finally agreed to redo the order for me... at TODAYS prices. I said NO! Finally she said she could do it at today's prices, then credit me back the difference. She didn't want to give me the $10 off $50 like I got initially, but when I said to forget it, that I was going to complain to high heaven and back and raise a huge stink, then she said she would do it. MAN!!! What a PITA! Now let's see if they fix this all correctly!!!

I didn't get much sympathy from her when I said had I known it was an "iffy" situation, I would have just gone the 4 stinking blocks from my house to the B&M to buy ALL of the items I wanted and forgotten the dang internet ordering. I am steering clear of Sears' online buys til they fix the system. What is it they say? Me thinks the patients are in charge of the assylum!

My Sears update

Been on phone for 3 hours with 5 different people at Sears.com customer service and national customer service.

Managers will not speak with me despite my requests, will not offer to returm my call, or offer alternate person to speak with to get my confirmed order reinstated.

It is getting to be very difficult to hold my cool and try to work through this in a level headed manner.

Also tried by email, no response there as well.

At this rate ,the BBB will be hearing from me.

Of course that will take long enough to ensure the items I bought as gifts will not arrive in time.

My order went through!! I finally got confirmation today, and one of the items is on it's way here.

After this debacle however, I am never ordering from sears.com again. This was pathetic, I ordered from Bestbuy.com and had zero problems, and have ordered from other sites on Black Friday too, and never had problems like this.

Okay, I got the entire order(shipped it all in the same box, and I bought some big items)

Weird thing is, instead of free shipping(which I did still get on one item) I got discounts off of each item, about $4 off the tool set, $4 off the dvd/vcr, and $15 off the sewing machine(those discounts must've been in place of the $10 off 50 deal). So, it actually cost me less to buy online, even with the $14.50 shipping charge.

Still not going to order from them on BF again, but the discounts were nice.

Okay, I got the entire order(shipped it all in the same box, and I bought some big items)

Weird thing is, instead of free shipping(which I did still get on one item) I got discounts off of each item, about $4 off the tool set, $4 off the dvd/vcr, and $15 off the sewing machine(those discounts must've been in place of the $10 off 50 deal). So, it actually cost me less to buy online, even with the $14.50 shipping charge.

Still not going to order from them on BF again, but the discounts were nice.

Consider yourself lucky :yup:

• 2 weeks later...