PA'S Largest Outlet Center to Open at the Stroke of Midnight, Just After Thanksgiving

bigjimslade

Below is a press release that just came out this morning. Just an FYI.

One of the Country's Largest Outlet Centers, Rockvale Outlets Lancaster, Will Again Host Midnight Madness to Accommodate Shopper Demand on Black Friday

Thursday October 4, 10:00 am ET

Lancaster, PA'S Largest Outlet Center to Open at the Stroke of Midnight, Just After Thanksgiving Dinner

LANCASTER, PA--(MARKET WIRE)--Oct 4, 2007 -- Rockvale Outlets (www.rockvaleoutletslancaster.com), Lancaster County's largest outlet shopping destination, announces Midnight Madness, a holiday kick-off sale starting at midnight on Black Friday (November 23, 2007) -- historically the busiest shopping day of the year. The shopping event is being hosted after a hugely successful Black Friday Midnight Madness promotion in 2006, an event that attracted thousands of shoppers to Rockvale Outlets during the midnight to 6:00 a.m. retail window. The National Retail Federation's forecast for the upcoming 2007 holiday season, predicts that sales will rise 4.0 percent this year to $474.5 billion.

At the stroke of midnight post Thanksgiving dinner, the center will open to accommodate the thousands of shoppers who have made it a tradition to kick off the holiday shopping season earlier each year. Rockvale Outlets will then remain open through 9:00 p.m. on Friday, November 23, 2007. Holiday entertainment will be featured throughout the center to add to the retail experience as shoppers take advantage of deep discounts and "doorbuster" sales typically associated with Black Friday.

"Based on the tremendous success of last year's midnight madness promotion, and the fact that more than 15 million consumers across America shopped before 5 a.m. or earlier last year, we are excited to again accommodate those shoppers who cannot wait for the official start of the holiday shopping season," said David Ober, general partner at Rockvale Outlets and current president of Developers of Outlet Centers and Retailers, an international organization focused on outlet and discount retail real estate. "In addition to a holiday tree promotion that will offer early shoppers a free Christmas tree for spending $250 between midnight and 6 a.m. on Black Friday, many of the center's merchants will be offering bonus savings to those who shop early. A current list of Black Friday discounts will soon be featured on our website, which can be accessed at www.rockvaleoutletslancaster.com."

The origin of Black Friday comes from the shift to profitability during the holiday season. Black Friday was when retailers went from being unprofitable, or "in the red," to being profitable, or "in the black," at a time when accounting records were kept by hand and red indicated loss and black profit.

Rockvale Outlets is an award winning, 560,000 square foot outlet shopping center located in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Ranked as one of the largest and most successful factory outlet centers in the country, Rockvale Outlets features more than 100 brand name factory direct stores including Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids Outlets, Carter's, Pfaltzgraff, Bose, Black & Decker Outlet, Jones New York, Liz Claiborne Shoes, and two exclusive merchants, Noah's Landing and the Eagles End Zone. The center features an on-site hotel and five restaurants including a Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesday, with an Olive Garden under construction. On-site amenities include shuttle/trolley service, ATM machines and two children's play areas. For more information, visit www.rockvaleoutletslancaster.com.

I live here, and I can say those outlets are AWESOME! The closest I've ever lived to outlets prior to moving here 2 1/2 years ago was about an hour, and it's so great to run to Target and go across the street to check out Children's Place and Carter's "just to see."

Wish I'd be here for a bf, but we end up going home to NY every year, and there we are 2 hours away from the closest outlets :yuck: , so that's pretty much out, cuz then we'd miss out on all of the other stores!!;)

Chelsea Premium Outlet Centers are opening at midnight on BF across the country. This is a total of 38 centers. They will post information soon at www.premiumoutlets.com/sales

California

Camarillo Premium Outlets Camarillo, CA

Carlsbad Premium Outlets Carlsbad, CA

Desert Hills Premium Outlets Cabazon, CA

Folsom Premium Outlets Folsom, CA

Gilroy Premium Outlets Gilroy, CA

Las Americas Premium Outlets San Diego, CA

Napa Premium Outlets* Napa, CA

Petaluma Village Premium Outlets* Petaluma, CA

Vacaville Premium Outlets Vacaville, CA

Connecticut

Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets Clinton, CT

Florida

Orlando Premium Outlets* Orlando, FL

St. Augustine Premium Outlets St. Augustine, FL

Georgia

North Georgia Premium Outlets Dawsonville, GA

Hawaii

Waikele Premium Outlets* Waipahu, HI

Illinois

Chicago Premium Outlets Aurora, IL

Indiana

Edinburgh Premium Outlets Edinburgh, IN

Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets Michigan City, IN

Massachusetts

Wrentham Village Premium Outlets Wrentham, MA

Minnesota

Albertville Premium Outlets* Albertville, MN

Missouri

Osage Beach Premium Outlets* Osage Beach, MO

Nevada

Las Vegas Outlet Center* Las Vegas, NV (South end of Strip)

Las Vegas Premium Outlets* Las Vegas, NV (North of the Strip)

New Jersey

Jackson Premium Outlets Jackson, NJ

Liberty Village Premium Outlets Flemington, NJ

New York

Waterloo Premium Outlets Waterloo, NY

Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Central Valley, NY

North Carolina

Carolina Premium Outlets Smithfield, NC

Ohio

Aurora Farms Premium Outlets Aurora, OH (Cleveland area)

Oregon

Columbia Gorge Premium Outlets* Troutdale, OR (Portland area)

Pennsylvania

The Crossings Premium Outlets Tannersville, PA (Pocono Mountains Area)

Philadelphia Premium Outlets** Limerick, PA

Texas

Allen Premium Outlets Allen, TX (Dallas area)

Rio Grande Valley Premium Outlets Mercedes, TX

Round Rock Premium Outlets Round Rock, TX

Virginia

Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets Leesburg, VA

Washington

Factory Stores at North Bend* North Bend, WA

Seattle Premium Outlets Tulalip, WA (near Marysville)

Wisconsin

Johnson Creek Premium Outlets* Johnson Creek, WI

*opening at Midnight for the first time

** new center

• 3 weeks later...
I am soooo excited. I am headed home for this BF and hope to talk my family into heading up there at midnight. They live less then 30 minutes away. I figure we can go home after Thanksgiving dinner and get a good nap in before heading out. ANyone know how great the sales were there last year??

last year at grove city was horible we got there early enough to get a spot they had people backed up on the interstate for miles on both sides and the sales they had kept going all week i love black friday shopping but that was crazy:cheesy:

i was there! i know the "back way" into it and didn't leave my house that is roughly 25 min away until 11 pm. my mother and i did it for the experience and just the other day she was asking if we were doing it again. LOVE country clutter! sad that bombay is closing/closed though. it was insane mainly in the children stores and the interstate!:eyepoppin

• 3 weeks later...