What do you take with you on Black Friday?

queenki

I was thinking of bringing my dlp projector this year and projecting movies on the side of the building. We always have a laptop to watch dvd's, plenty of warm clothes, food, drink, sleeping bags, chairs, games, and of course money and lists. There's a few of us that go and I always set out a gameplan for everyone so we are totally efficient as a team. It's important to get what you want fast and get in line so you're not stuck in that one store for 4 hours while deals at other stores pass you by.

Defintly wear layers of clothing, so you can peel them off when you get hot. I do not suggest carrying a purse. I try to avoid getting a cart if possible, that way it's easier to get around a store. Last year my friend and I packed an aircompresser and a big tool kit from one end to the other at sears, lol. Carts take up too much room, and carrying a purse is too much to keep track of. stuff as much in your pockets as possible. I also remove the remote lock from my keychain and put it in my pocket instead of having to carry bulky keys. We also take every BF ad with us into every store. If you have a fanny pack, that is handy, I just think it looks dorky, lmao. Be sure to wear a coat or sweatshirt that has plenty of pockets. That way when you are in line waiting an hour to pay, you can check to see about price matching. LAst but not least don't forget your money/credit/debit cards. I did that one year, I got in line to pay and realized i had left it in the truck, thankfully the line was a mile long and my friend was there with me to stay in line with my stuff so i could run outside and get it. Happy shopping !

Well, my sister and I go together every year. We dress pretty warm, but don't camp out. We put our coats in the cart over top of our purchases while shopping and one of us ALWAYS stays with the cart. Normally, after the first stop we leave the coats in the car, but it was so cold last year that we wore them into every store. We've been taking my Expedition the last few years because I have an automatic start on my remote. That is soooo nice. While we are waiting in line to pay, I just push the button and it's all warmed up by the time we get in. We take some ads but they normally stay in the car. On Thanksgiving, we sit down with them all and make our lists of exactly what we need at each store. We actually both carry two lists. One with the people we are buying for and what we want to get them. I type this one in a table in Word and print it out. I also add the amount I spend on each person behind their name and then I write the price beside each item to be sure I don't overspend. I tend to have a problem with that. ;) Then the second list, I write it on the back of my first list, has the stores listed in the order we are stopping at them and what we need at each store. After we come out of each store, we cross off the items on our lists and then head to the next one. We normally stop for sodas after I first store, and sometimes a quick breakfast at McD's. I always carry a purse over my shoulder, but am extremely aware of it and make sure zipper is closed and towards the front at all times. Last year I carried mostly cash and just a few credit/debit cards. I really liked having the cash though. It helped keep me on budget for sure. Not sure what I'll do this year yet.

if it's a BB BF, then it's 2 folding chairs, a blanket, warm clothes, a thermos of coffee and credit cards. Although this year we're buying BB gift cards to use from a grocery store that's knocking 20 cents per gallon off of the price of gas for every $50 gift card you buy. That'l lwork out to $1.60 per gallon off the price per gallon of gas!!!

This will be a long post. Christy & I attack this like we are BF navy seals. We plan everything. We've gone together for 4 years. Yup since she was 9 yrs old. Let me tell you she is like Puss in Boots. Cute as can be but she WILL get want she wants.

I have a fleece shirt with zipper pockets. BIG zipper pockets. My keys are attached to my belt loop on my pockets. With a spare set of keys attached to Christy (my 13 yr old cousin). She has her hoody on with pockets but no zipper so she carries food non-important inexpensive things. She also stashes our hats, extra gloves with fingers in them, and scarves once she has room and we put them back on once we are outside the store. We have gloves without fingers in them we keep our money in. We have 2 hunting chairs that fold up and hand warmers. Plus these blanket/coat wraps things for waiting in line. I'm not sure if this year we are taking the portable DVD player since no guys will be with us. You can never be too careful. We do our make-up in line cuz we get bored. Then Christy goes and put the make-up cases in the car. We do pretty much anything to fill the time. I’m ADHD and shes 13. We need to be amused or someone could get hurt! Also one thing no one else mentioned is a small garbage bag for candy wrappers, empty drinks, and stuff. I hate having nowhere to put that stuff. 20 minutes before the doors open, Christy runs to the truck to put away the blacketcoats, chairs, trash and anything else we don't need. Then on us is our clothers debit card, cash in the gloves, ads, shopping list, and cell phones. Also have have our angel tree kids that we get early for inspiration. We put our cell phones on a chain on viberate around our neck inside our shirt. We never call unless we HAVE to. Like someone is hurt or took one of our items. Keys on our belt loops. We are going to take some hot chocolate with ginger in it to settle our stomacs. Now as for comunication. You can’t use 2 way radios here cuz everyone has them and it gets confusing. All channels are full. Trying to answer a cell phone while shopping is BF suicide.

Plan for inside the store. We NEVER use carts unless we have to. We use basket if need be. If we have to use a cart someone will get in line with the cart. We don’t like to use the cart because it takes longer. Our adverage per store if we are there when it opens is 4 minutes. Seriously we time it. Our best so far is 2 minutes and 24 seconds.

Is this post too long and involved cuz I can't help it?! We wait all year for this!