what do you want for the holidays?

lisamag

My fantasy would be some princess cut diamond earrings. But in reality I would be happy to be able to provide a good christmas for the boys. Money is tighter this year than I thought it possible to be and with electric rates climbing in my area (but the electric authority has a huge surplus and yet they are raising rates) and gas prices...

I want the same thing every year, but I get so caught up in the material gift giving that I forget to ask for it.

Someone to help clean up the paper/packaging and help put away the gifts in the aftermath.

We go 10-12 places between Christmas eve-evening and Christmas night, and we are just home long enough to dump out and reload.

If I could have anything in the world for Christmas it wouldnt be a present for me it would be new lungs for my mom, she has pulminary fibrosis, and shes on oxygen 24/7. Shes been in the hospital 6 times this year for a total of like 85 days already this year. Having her healthy would make me happy. So she could play with my kids like she really wants to do.

• 1 month later...

I had told my dh a couple of weeks ago that I really, really wanted my foyer painted as a Christmas gift (very tall, two story and a big pain to paint) I knew he didn't want to paint it so I told him to use any money that he would use on a gift for me toward hiring someone to paint it. any way I went out of state with our three younger children last weekend. My dh and step son painted the foyer for me while I was gone!! It looks incredible. They worked so hard over the weekend and I'm thrilled. I don't care if I get anything else!

Amy

Those of you that know me know about Miss Lexi (who just turned 5 Tuesday), well we've been in the hospital over 5 months this year (we just came home from an 8 week stay). So, what I would like the most is just for us to actually be home for X-mas.

As far as actual material items:

clothes, jewlrey, purses, shoes (a girl can never have too many) :D

a new area rug for my living room

a new desk top

What I'd like for the holidays is for dh to not be in pain from his back and hips anymore (chronic degenerative arthritis) and be able to enjoy life with the boys. If I can't have that, I'd like an adult tricycle so that I'll start exercising again.... A pair of cz earrings would be nice too (diamonds are definitely not in the budget)! :yup:

No lol your not slow. ;) Four little people ... they are not babies though. They are 5, 6, 7, & 9. We are trying to foster to adopt start our classes next week.

I hope you get this wish. What a great gift for the children as well, loving parents. God bless you and your efforts.

My wish has already came true, as long as we don't have a bad snow or ice storm that stops the flight, I am taking my DGD to Disney the week before Christmas. I can't wait to make memories with her. :yup:

i have to add i would like for some one to come christmas morning and put the toys together and put the batteries in and clean up the wrapping. after all these yrs of putting toys together i actually stop and think about getting something just because of the size and how much work it is before hand. :g_doh:

• 1 month later...

Those of you that know me know about Miss Lexi (who just turned 5 Tuesday), well we've been in the hospital over 5 months this year (we just came home from an 8 week stay). So, what I would like the most is just for us to actually be home for X-mas.

As far as actual material items:

clothes, jewlrey, purses, shoes (a girl can never have too many) :D

a new area rug for my living room

a new desk top

i hope you get your wish and that she's doing better.

i see a lot of threads about buying for everyone else and thats great, but i was wondering what would you like to get this year?

my list lol a new laptop (yeah BF) so i might get that one :D . a dishwasher i hate doing dishes :yuck:, a man (well i can dream :kisses: lol), a rocking recliner (that my kids will fight to use more then i will), one peaceful night with out the kids screaming or fighting or teasing :gdfight:, thats my wish list wonder if i'll get any of it, lol happy holidays everyone :holiday09

well i missed out on the laptop, the dishwasher deals of BF, and i think i'll get the recliner next month. i still have hope for the no fighting lol.

World Peace would be great, but I will settle for GottaDeal Peace first... Would make the mods job easier.

:D

Hey!!!

:mad:

I try and get my threads closed before there's any drama!!! But sometimes I just can't help myself! :rolleyes:

A man! Not a boy a real MAN! (is there such a thing?? :)

Right here!!!! :superman:

OK!!!!!!!!! Stop the laughing!!!! :gdlaugh:

As for me....I want an extra 2 hours in the day so I can actually get stuff done and still be able to get in a good nap before going into work!!

:beer:

Oh yea..........for the CC companiy to get a computer glitch and erase my account!!!

I want my children to not fight for the 2 1/2 hour drive to Louisville on Christmas day! Now, they are almost 16 and 18 and they just can't seem to control themselves GRRRRRR

I think the only way I'll get my wish is to make THEM take turns driving! If they are driving, they have to watch the road and can't talk or argue LOL

-50 lbs

an ipod

my tiny puppy back

DH to put up my christmas lights

my house to be clean

oh, and if we are talking crazy implausible stuff... id love to have a prius... and my house paid off... and solar power for my whole house so i dont have to depend on the terrible electric company.

Oh, and a nice pair of slip on tennis shoes that dont wind up smelling bad when you dont wear socks. ...or tennis shoes and an endless supply of socks