where are you hiding your xmas gifts?

dmmiller

I have a storage room in the basement. I used to just put everything on the floor, but ds can go downstairs and in there himself now, so I have to put his and everything form santa (so he does not see it) on the top shelf (he's still too little to get up there). Other people's stuff, I will put on the floor.

i was using my closet and an empty dresser but then 2 yrs ago my then 4 yr dd found the stuff hidden. thank goodness it was wrapped she came out carrying one and asked if she could open it, lol. so last i started putting the stuff in my bin it's a small storage space with a door that locks in the basement. so when the kids went into my closet they only found a few small bags lol. i'll do the same this yr.

usually i've got quite a few things by now but with both of them graduating and then her birthday was on the 14th so i'm a bit behind but got some done this week.

• 4 weeks later...

My BF has an area in his garage that is almost like a mini attic...you need a ladder to get to it and the ladder is out of reach of the kids so we put everything up there.

But sometimes we have stashed stuff in the back part...over the summer I found things from 2 years ago. So they were too young for the kids now. They went to one of the charity organizations so at least someone got some use out of them :D

Small stuff usually ends up in my dresser drawers (most of my clothes end up folded and on a table in the garage, too tired to move them (LOL) and the boys wouldn't think to snoop in my dresser. Plus dh spends most of his day in there because of his disability so they don't get much chance to snoop.. DS10's computer spent 4 months on top of the freezer in the garage in plain site and he never made the association. Too much junk out there I guess!

"And the only thing that is kind of sitting out in the open is for DS11... he wants to join the middle school golf team so DH found a deal on a new set of clubs for him. 160 dollar set on sale for 25... so it is just sitting in the middle of my big closet. DS has seen it. BUT he knows that if DH gets a good deal on sporting equipment he will buy it to try to trade for other stuff from a softball board he frequents so he has absolutely no idea they are his... I will make them disappear around the beginning of Nov (not sure where) and then he will not have a clue once I find a box and wrap them in December."

Have you considered wrapping each golf club separately? You could make each look like a candy cane... that would be fun.

As for where I hide my presents, I'm trying to get one closet cleaned out now but I really have nowhere to hide them. :)

I use my closet, Dh's armoire, a dresser I have--and last year the RV... It's really hard when we travel for Christmas, as we did (RV) to my folks last year. Was very interesting storing the gifts and bringing them all home... But, we have some storage compartments that you can only get to from the outside with a key, so that worked too!

my wife always forgets where she hides them. then she finds it and i get it as a birthday gift in february.

We have 3 piece luggage set that fits inside of eachother and i hide the gifts in the 3rd one. That's where my Wii is sitting right now. I so want to open and play it. it's so not fair.

My parents use to hide my stuff in my closet because that was the last place in the world I would have ever checked. I will do that one as my kids get older and smarter to my ways.

Absolutely no wrapping yet. lol, BUT I am over half way done with shopping for my two kids. Since our remodel, I now have a clean closests. So a lot of my items are in my top shelf of my closet and also in the garage in 4 Rubbermaid containers. (Yes 4).

I've got a rubbermaid tub going in the garage also. I keep sending my husband out there with odds and ends and then questioning him if he remembers what he put in the tub. He always has the same kinda answer, "I don't know, it was something in a Target bag!" I' must find a better sysytem of keeping track of what is out there-I can't remember anything!:D

Well this year my 2 oldest boys r moved out on there own.....my 14 and 12 year old boys will be the tough ones....there r so nosey!!! Last year there stuff was at my parents so I'll probably do the same this year for them. My 2 youngest girls 1 1/2 and 5 don't know how to be nosey so I just make sure they can't run across something by accident.

Store gifts in the canoe hanging from the garage ceiling, boxes marked "old FHS yearbooks" or "Dad's computer books" (boring items; kids will never think to look there). The back of the front hall closet is also useful - push them way back there and be sure that the coats hang in front!

I pretty much wrap everything right away. I keep them on a shelf in a bedroom that is now a closet and laundry room. I also write a list of who and what I got so far and keep it posted on the way so I can find it easy. Normally I wait until BF to shop for my ds. Then I wrap them right away and put them under the tree since I put up the tree the day before Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving depending on if I am at home or away. If I am out of town I just keep them in my car until we are back home or have them shipped home if flying.

Well I just gained a closet!!!!

My ds who is 11 is no longer a believer in Santa, so he is going to be in on the hiding game.:yup:

I figure if i make it fun and like he has a secret vs. it being a bummer knowing about santa, he will still enjoy it all the same.;)

So now I have his closet in desperate measures, our closet, the basement, and the garage.