When does everybody take the decorations down??

amberleigh2

I have taken the ornaments off the tree and it is sitting in the living room with just white lights. Thought we would enjoy the beautiness one more night but tomorrow (Friday) I hope to have it taken out (it is loosing the needles and getting on my nerves) by Saturday afternoon at the latest. I want my house back to order before new years day.

Every year we start decorating outside on Thanksgiving weekend (after BF of course)and the tree goes up the 1st or 2nd weekend in December, everything stays up until Jan 6th (3 Kings) We are big decorators for Christmas only my favorite holiday. This year we are in a rental house so we did not decorate outside (rental house is bad has no outlets outside). We got our tree the 3rd week of Dec and decorated it the Thursday before Christmas. Since we really were not in the Chrstmas spirit the tree is down and out already and I am planning next years decorating etc, we will be in a brand new house and I am going all out. Hope it is warm as it was this year.:razz:

WELL - EVERYTHING is still up here! My "goal" every year is to have it down before January 3rd.... my oldest dd's birthday! WELL, today is January 3rd and it definitely still looks like Christmas here! LOL! Unfortunately... I have been sick since Saturday, December 23rd (bad sinus infection... finally on the mend... probably would be 100% by now if I would have just RESTED some... lol... but HEY it was Christmas :) ) and all 3 of my kids have been sick since last Tuesday! And my dh spent 3 days last week/early this week sick :( :( :(

Today is Alexis' 4th birthday and now we have a 4:30 appointment with the doctor because she spent half an hour after lunch SCREAMING because her ear hurts :( :( :(

UGH! Eventually, everyone will start feeling better and I'll get it all taken down!

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 4 and under)!

I still have Halloween Decorations hanging in the front yard LOL I love my witch and Frankenstein's Monster!!

The tree's down and most of the stuff is put away though--I'm not in a Christmas mood this year and don't want to look at it any more.

I still have Halloween Decorations hanging in the front yard LOL I love my witch and Frankenstein's Monster!!

The tree's down and most of the stuff is put away though--I'm not in a Christmas mood this year and don't want to look at it any more.

Thats so funny about the halloween decorations, right before christmas my son said mom you forgot to take a halloween decoration down, I looked above our entryway door & sure enough there was a sign that said Trick or Treat......I must have looked @ it a million times & never payed attention.Too funny that noone else that that came over ever mentioned it either.

I like to leave my decorations up until Orthodox Christmas, Jan 7. I keep a few items out all year. Willow Tree Nativity Scene & a Cookies for Santa plate in the dining room and a Merry Christmas candle holder in the family room.

I like to leave my decorations up until Orthodox Christmas, Jan 7. I keep a few items out all year. Willow Tree Nativity Scene & a Cookies for Santa plate in the dining room and a Merry Christmas candle holder in the family room.

This stays Willow Tree Nativity Scene out all year along with my snow globes,