I just found out what dh's grandfather is getting him for Christmas, lol.

bayhaysay

:sidesplit:lmao:

The Clapper

Yes, that's right boys and girls...The Clapper. My SIL went shopping with him today to help him pick out everyone's gifts and she said when she got in the car with him he mentioned something about getting all of the grandsons The Clapper. She said she tried to suggest other things but he had his mind set on it. So, they went to Walgreens and he spent over $130 on 6 Clappers. :rolleyes:

I am LMAO still as I'm typing this. :lmao: I can't wait for Christmas now. This is going to be great. :sidesplit

Ha ha ha ha I didn't know they still made them. :lmao:

I didn't either! I had to ask her to repeat herself several times when she was telling me. I kept saying, "The clapper, like 'Clap on, Clap off, *clap, clap, clap*, the Clapper'".

I also made her swear not to tell any of them. I want to see their faces when they oped them. :D

I bought this for my grandmother for Christmas this year. I think it will be very helpful for her.

Oh, I'm sure it probably will be. If I had know that they still made them I might have bought one for my grandparents also instead of the birdfeeder I got them.

Seriously, my dh is 31 and the funny thing is that he'll probably like it!

This is so funny because I just seen a guy at Target last weekend with one of these an I did a double take an then of course stared. I was in shock,lol. I guess maybe they just came back this year?

They have it on Amazon.com for $18.99 & free super saver shipping,lol.

http://www.amazon.com/Clapper-Sound-Activated-Switch-Each/dp/B0000CGKLR

These directions sound difficult,lmao.

Directions

1) Set Sensitivity Dial to Home 2) Plug appliance into left receptacle of The Clapper 3) Plug Clapper into wall Socket 4) Manually turn appliance on. 5) You can now turn your appliance on or off by clapping. You don't have to clap very hard! The Clapping sequence is more important than how loudly you clap: CLAP (pause) CLAP (pause) (pause) (pause) Where each pause is approximately ½ to 1 second long. The Three pauses after the second clap are very important. The Clap Detection Lights will only glow when a proper clap is detected. These lights will help you determine the proper speed and loudness of your claps that are necessary to activate your appliance. Please refer to detailed instructions for additional information on other features.

Once he's in bed, he won't climb out to turn off the lights.

How funny.

Reminds me of a small period of time where my DH and I would both be in bed and then the light would still be on. We were both so headstrong and would not get out of bed. I can count a number of times where we were in bed the entire night with the light on. LOL.

:tired:

Omg I loved that commercial with the lady clapping! That one and the one where the lady says "Help I've fallen and I can't get up"

I think that is gonna be a funny present too! You'll have to let us know how he reacts!

i was just thinking of the samething. it's like the 2 go together, i have to admit i wouldn't mind one of those when i'm in bed and forget the light is on. now i use the one i have on my headboard. all i have to do is reach over the pillow and turn the switch lol.

How funny.

Reminds me of a small period of time where my DH and I would both be in bed and then the light would still be on. We were both so headstrong and would not get out of bed. I can count a number of times where we were in bed the entire night with the light on. LOL.

:tired:

Home Depot has pretty nifty dimmer switches with remotes. They're great! Our only trouble is who has the remote, lol. I hate when hubby falls asleep with it on his nightstand and I have to climb on him to get it. Other than that, it's perfect. I think it cost around $40, but oh so worth it! No more nights of sleeping with the light on because no one will get up. :yup: