CVS 25.00 Gift Card with perscription + a coupon! YMMV

d56nut

Hi All,

I live in Indiana (the very northwest tip of the state...not far from Chicago). The CVS ad from the Sunday paper had a coupon in it for a Free 25.00 Gift Card if you bring in a new perscription or transfer a perscription.

There is also a coupon in the ad for 3.00 off of a purchase of 15.00. I don't think you can use both coupons together.

Not sure if this is nationwide but thought it was a pretty good deal...especially if you have insurance. I took in a perscription and paid 4.00 for it and got the 25.00 gift card.

To top it off, Target has a deal like this (10.00 gift card) so I'm going to transfer the perscription there for the refill!!!

Michelle

I never look at the CVS ad, but now I am going to have to check. I have a new prescription that needs filled and that would really help out a lot. I was going to use the Target (10.00), but 25.00 is a much better deal.

Thanks for the heads up.:)

Just a heads up, my Target's here will take CVS's prescription coupons for up to $25. Just in case you shop at Target more, you can get a $25 GC for Target rather than CVS. Just call them and ask! :D

Will Target take internet printed CVS coupons? DH is about to refill his 'scripts and I just found a coupon for $25 for Kerr Drug. Not interested in that drug store - so if Target takes it - I'll bring it in too.

Also - when you transfer your script to (which ever pharmacy that has this offer), can you "double up" if you have more than one script? I was thinking that if I have 2 scripts, I can fill each at a seperate time and take advantage of the deal 2x...

Anyone try this?

Update-

I just called my local Target pharmacy - and the woman I spoke with confirmed that they will accept competitor coupons, up to $25, for new or transferred scripts. I told her that I received a coupon in the mail from Kerr Drug. That's when she told me that they accept all competitor coupons - so I assume that they won't reject the internet printed one. Now - I just have to figure out if I can use more than one....

My Jewel/Osco is so hard up for people to bring in Rx to them...they match all other coupons ...PLUS they beat it by $5.

My son has a monthly med, so I have a new Rx written every month. I have everyone (my family) saving Rx coupons for me. So every month I walk out of Osco with a $30 gift card!!!!!:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Guest JustMeDiana
:yup: :yup: Walmart has the same policy. They will also take competitor coupons for free gift card. This is nice so you don't have a bunch of just CVS gift cards. Great to use for yourself or save them for stocking stuffers!!! :holiday16:holiday07:holiday16

My Jewel/Osco is so hard up for people to bring in Rx to them...they match all other coupons ...PLUS they beat it by $5.

My son has a monthly med, so I have a new Rx written every month. I have everyone (my family) saving Rx coupons for me. So every month I walk out of Osco with a $30 gift card!!!!!:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I was going to do this with Walmart's price match. I don't know about Osco but I thought the gift card is only good once for trasferring a new account? Or is it every time you bring in a new prescription? :confused: