Black Friday 2021 Countdown & Anticipation Thread

Brad

Only 329 days to go :)

As you can see the 2020 BF threads have been archived and as we've done in recent years there is this year-round BF forum to discuss any store closings and other news that could affect BF 2021.

Black Friday will fall on November 26th this year.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I feel like this year might be very similar to last year with the delta variant being an issue. I didn’t participate in Black Friday last year or really pay attention to any of the spread out sales when companies tried to adjust for covid. Any recommendations on how to be prepared for this year? I feel uninformed and completely unprepared for BF this year.

I feel like this year might be very similar to last year with the delta variant being an issue. I didn’t participate in Black Friday last year or really pay attention to any of the spread out sales when companies tried to adjust for covid. Any recommendations on how to be prepared for this year? I feel uninformed and completely unprepared for BF this year.

I set up reminders for the sale items I wanted. They had week long sales, day sales, and sales that started at certain hours. It was crazy but I enjoyed the fact that the stores that did open up it was like black friday from years past. You cant sleep on the sales. I did on a few things thinking that they would be better or reintroduced on BF and they were not. I suggest get it when you see it. 

• Like 4

I set up reminders for the sale items I wanted. They had week long sales, day sales, and sales that started at certain hours. It was crazy but I enjoyed the fact that the stores that did open up it was like black friday from years past. You cant sleep on the sales. I did on a few things thinking that they would be better or reintroduced on BF and they were not. I suggest get it when you see it.

Great tips on making calendar reminders and to take the leap earlier since there might not be a chance later.

Is there somewhere I can see or access the sale ads from earlier in November? I could only find the actual Black Friday ads but none of the ones from before the big day. I found the threads but the links didn’t take me anywhere.

Edited by budgetsRsexy

Great tips on making calendar reminders and to take the leap earlier since there might not be a chance later.

Is there somewhere I can see or access the sale ads from earlier in November? I could only find the actual Black Friday ads but none of the ones from before the big day. I found the threads but the links didn’t take me anywhere.

I cant remember if the sales ads were in the bf ad or if it was something released weekly. I want to say it was in the sales ad with the dates at the top of the pages. 

Hoping stores put all or majority of BF sales online and offer free shipping. I do like the fact a lot are closing on Thanksgiving Day again. I dont need too much, but always excited when I get notifications from Brad telling us an ad has been posted.

I like that the stores are closed on Thanksgiving. It reminds me of the old days when you only got the deal if you were willing to stand in line all night or get up extra early in the morning. That thrill of the hunt and expectation after spending the day with family is amazing. I refused to leave family dinner and time to get in a line or get some material item. If it was there when I got there than good if not I will pay what I have to.

• Like 1

I hope they do at least offer free shipping so that no one has to risk their health if they feel uncomfortable with the situation in their shopping area.

I think free shipping will be offered but will it get there on time is the problem. The delivery times have almost doubled and nothing is really guaranteed outside of next day air. 

• Like 1

We buy EVERYTHING from Menards!!!!  We call ourselves "Menardians"   :lmao:

Super excited for BF!  Looking to do mainly online sales this year again!

We ended up with a sectional, a couple 5x7 rugs, some LED bulbs, water, cookies and some beef jerky on that trip. :sidesplit

I’m worried about shipping this year. I love online shopping but I’ve ordered from kohl’s and Catherine’s and both took 3-4 weeks to come in.

The supply chain is in a mess. The same structure is in place. No new hubs are being built and the volume is within the means of the current staff for all the major shipping companies so what is the problem? Most of their systems are automated and only becomes labor intensive on the final leg of the journey. Maybe I am missing something but a lot of this just seems manufactured to increase profits. The more I research the more evidence points to this. 

• Like 2