Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Black Friday 2021 Countdown & Anticipation Thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,946 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 1, 2021 - 5:59 am

Only 329 days to go :)

As you can see the 2020 BF threads have been archived and as we've done in recent years there is this year-round BF forum to discuss any store closings and other news that could affect BF 2021.

Black Friday will fall on November 26th this year.

#2 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,946 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted May 26, 2021 - 9:16 am

Halfway to Black Friday!

Black Friday is exactly 6 months from today. Start the hype lol

#3 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,108 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 26, 2021 - 12:02 pm

Man when are we going to get the first ad? Is it just me or do they suck this year? :sidesplit

#4 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,946 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jul 26, 2021 - 4:48 am

4 months to go :)

#5 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 27, 2021 - 7:32 pm

The suspense is killing me. I’m glad to see that stores are returning to the old ways of being closed on Thanksgiving (we’ll see how long it last).

~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#6 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,946 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 18, 2021 - 10:14 am

100 days. Yikes!

#7 ytmomof4  OFFLINE  

ytmomof4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 1, 2021 - 2:52 am

I can’t wait to see how the stores are doing their sales this year. I actually kinda liked how Walmart spread their sales out last year and hope they do that again.

#8 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• 1,040 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 2, 2021 - 5:05 pm

I think Black Friday will develop more into Black November.  Covid is getting bad again in our area, so I expect it to be similar as last year

#9 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Sep 12, 2021 - 5:11 pm

I feel like this year might be very similar to last year with the delta variant being an issue. I didn’t participate in Black Friday last year or really pay attention to any of the spread out sales when companies tried to adjust for covid. Any recommendations on how to be prepared for this year? I feel uninformed and completely unprepared for BF this year.

#10 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,081 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 13, 2021 - 4:57 am

I feel like this year might be very similar to last year with the delta variant being an issue. I didn’t participate in Black Friday last year or really pay attention to any of the spread out sales when companies tried to adjust for covid. Any recommendations on how to be prepared for this year? I feel uninformed and completely unprepared for BF this year.

I set up reminders for the sale items I wanted. They had week long sales, day sales, and sales that started at certain hours. It was crazy but I enjoyed the fact that the stores that did open up it was like black friday from years past. You cant sleep on the sales. I did on a few things thinking that they would be better or reintroduced on BF and they were not. I suggest get it when you see it. 

#11 mgreen  OFFLINE  

mgreen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 13, 2021 - 1:30 pm

I'm going to be looking for some unconventional sales this year. Working on backyard and landscaping. Need awning, pergola, outdoor furniture, etc.

#12 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,108 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2021 - 3:52 am

I'm going to be looking for some unconventional sales this year. Working on backyard and landscaping. Need awning, pergola, outdoor furniture, etc.

If you’re in a state that has Menards they have all those things and more.

#13 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,081 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 14, 2021 - 8:18 am

Now that is a nice Christmas gift. New backyard or change the stair case would be wonderful

#14 mgreen  OFFLINE  

mgreen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2021 - 9:13 am

If you’re in a state that has Menards they have all those things and more.

I don't think we do. I believe I tried to order from them, then when I got to the cart it said they didn't service our area.

#15 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,108 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 14, 2021 - 12:11 pm

I don't think we do. I believe I tried to order from them, then when I got to the cart it said they didn't service our area.

We are oddly enough going to buy a sofa and a fire pit from them later today. :sidesplit

#16 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Sep 14, 2021 - 6:05 pm

I set up reminders for the sale items I wanted. They had week long sales, day sales, and sales that started at certain hours. It was crazy but I enjoyed the fact that the stores that did open up it was like black friday from years past. You cant sleep on the sales. I did on a few things thinking that they would be better or reintroduced on BF and they were not. I suggest get it when you see it.

Great tips on making calendar reminders and to take the leap earlier since there might not be a chance later.
Is there somewhere I can see or access the sale ads from earlier in November? I could only find the actual Black Friday ads but none of the ones from before the big day. I found the threads but the links didn’t take me anywhere.

Edited by budgetsRsexy, Sep 14, 2021 - 6:10 pm.

#17 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,081 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 15, 2021 - 3:38 am

Great tips on making calendar reminders and to take the leap earlier since there might not be a chance later.
Is there somewhere I can see or access the sale ads from earlier in November? I could only find the actual Black Friday ads but none of the ones from before the big day. I found the threads but the links didn’t take me anywhere.

I cant remember if the sales ads were in the bf ad or if it was something released weekly. I want to say it was in the sales ad with the dates at the top of the pages. 

#18 mommy2twingles  OFFLINE  

mommy2twingles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2021 - 6:42 am

Just relooked at last years sales ads, made a list of what I need for this year and if/where it was on sale previously. Stocking up on gift cards now for those stores in Hope's of similar sales. We will be out of town the first week of November so hopefully no big sales that week.

#19 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,726 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 19, 2021 - 6:19 pm

Hoping stores put all or majority of BF sales online and offer free shipping. I do like the fact a lot are closing on Thanksgiving Day again. I dont need too much, but always excited when I get notifications from Brad telling us an ad has been posted.

#20 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,923 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 19, 2021 - 11:18 pm

Black Friday this year will fall on my birthday. Sometimes it falls on Thanksgiving. I am taking this as a good omen as other years have shown birthday convergences to be pretty epic in nature.

#21 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,081 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 20, 2021 - 4:43 am

Hoping stores put all or majority of BF sales online and offer free shipping. I do like the fact a lot are closing on Thanksgiving Day again. I dont need too much, but always excited when I get notifications from Brad telling us an ad has been posted.

I like that the stores are closed on Thanksgiving. It reminds me of the old days when you only got the deal if you were willing to stand in line all night or get up extra early in the morning. That thrill of the hunt and expectation after spending the day with family is amazing. I refused to leave family dinner and time to get in a line or get some material item. If it was there when I got there than good if not I will pay what I have to.

#22 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 21, 2021 - 9:25 am

Unfortunately, we may be looking at a lot of shortages and delays this season trying to image ads being done based on in stock items (in stock meaning the warehouse and store)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users