Secret Santa 2020 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

Just 2 and a half weeks left to get your info in!

We have about 9 or 10 people that participate yearly that haven't logged on to GD yet this fall. I'm considering shooting them an email if they aren't back by the end of this week. Do you think that's too pushy? Spammy?

Nope, considering what's going on this year, just a gentle heads up to see if their even interested couldn't hurt and is mindful... Some may not even realize that the forum is still going in full swing (just about) and others may not be able to participate at all, but at least you can get the word out and still move ahead as planned...
  • Like 3

Thank you all for your advice.  I sent the following email to anyone that has not logged in to GD this month.  I figure if they've been on GottaDeal, they know we are here and just aren't ready to sign up yet (but I'm sure they will!) :)

Hello!  I hope this email finds you well.  

I wanted to make sure you know the Secret Santa sign ups are in full swing. We didn't really move up the sign up deadline, but we did move up the shipping deadline a little because of concerns that shipping will take longer than normal this year.  Because of that, I won't be able to be very flexible if someone misses the sign up deadline.  If you have chosen not to participate this year, I understand and I hope to have you join us again in 2021.  But if you DID want to play this year, I didn't want the opportunity to pass you by.

I'm only sending this email to the folks that haven't logged in to GottaDeal yet this fall.  So I really do hope you are all doing ok and you are safe and healthy!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.  Happy BER months!

BoPeep

• Like 10

I try to update the list in the original post, as I receive your messages.  But please double check me!  I don't want to leave anyone out, and I don't want to sign you up for something you don't want :).

• Like 1

Sooooo.  I have all the names assigned and after I started sending them out I realized I HAVEN'T FILLED OUT MY INFO SHEET!  Yep, I missed the deadline ‍♀.   I intended to use last year's anyway, but we had a big ice storm this week so the servers are down at my office and I can't access my stuff from home.  LOL.  I think I need to take a break. It's been a long day. So, some of you have received your SS name.  I will come back and get to the rest if not this evening, definitely by Sunday :).

OK FOLKS, The names are out!  

A few reminders:

The last day to ship is Monday, November 30.  Shipping is taking longer this year, so please don't be late.  If you must be late, please let me know then ship priority.

Don't forget to send me your tracking numbers when you ship.

PLEASE BE SURE TO POST when you receive your gifts, even if you are not planning to open them right away.

Have FUN! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Ready...

Set...

Shop!!

• Like 6

OK FOLKS, The names are out!  

A few reminders:

The last day to ship is Monday, November 30.  Shipping is taking longer this year, so please don't be late.  If you must be late, please let me know then ship priority.

Don't forget to send me your tracking numbers when you ship.

PLEASE BE SURE TO POST when you receive your gifts, even if you are not planning to open them right away.

Have FUN! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Ready...

Set...

Shop!!

Thanks for all your hard work. I really look forward to this every year. 

• Like 4

After being semi-quarantined for almost 2 week, I’m so ready to start some shopping so this is perfect timing.  Already have some ideas! 

*Yeah, semi-quarantined because I was exposed to a positive and symptomatic for COVID co-worker two weeks ago tomorrow.  Thanks to hospital administration There is not enough warm bodies to go around for all of us that worked that day to be quarantined so we had to work. So on my weekends I’ve stayed in the house except for one big grocery pickup from Walmart. 

After being semi-quarantined for almost 2 week, I’m so ready to start some shopping so this is perfect timing.  Already have some ideas! 

*Yeah, semi-quarantined because I was exposed to a positive and symptomatic for COVID co-worker two weeks ago tomorrow.  Thanks to hospital administration There is not enough warm bodies to go around for all of us that worked that day to be quarantined so we had to work. So on my weekends I’ve stayed in the house except for one big grocery pickup from Walmart. 

Glad you are feeling okay. I had a good friend that was a nurse for 30+ years and she passed from Covid, a week later her mother passed from Covid as well. They lived together, but she caught it from one of the patients she was caring for. Thank you for your hard work, that goes overlooked so much, yall are truly hero's.

• Like 3