Win Prizes by Discussing Black Friday & More [Winners Posted!]

Brad

These are great prizes! I'm a little disappointed that BF will be different this year. Some stores seem to already have big discounts, which is good. It makes you wonder if there will be any steep discounts for Black Friday. It will be easier to spread out the spending for Christmas though.

Black Friday will definitely NOT be the same this year... stores closed on Thanksgiving (that's enough of a shocker!), now so many states are having an increase in covid cases. Planning for an online experience. One good thing, if you are online maybe that will eliminate some of the unnecessary spending, lol. Sometimes you get a little carried away in the store.

Thank you Brad (and the others that mod & run the site) for the prizes. Black Friday (and the Holidays in general with Covid 19) is going to be unusual this year. I still love checking the gottadeal.com site and forums often because there's a lot of nice helpful people here.

I am more at a loss this year than ever. No one needs much except groceries. I usually make jam and bread for gifts. Looks like more of the same. :|

Was hoping for a flash of brilliance.......

Same. My kids are all grown and no grandkids so it’s going to be uninspired cash for everyone, I think.

There are some good deals on the sites i visited today. It doesn't seem the same because I haven't seen sale ads and don't know what's a popular toy that will be in many sales or what the prices will be discounted to. So, I can't compare and go to the site with the best deal. But some of the deals seem to be like the Black Friday deals of past years. Probably depends on what you are looking for.

I’m kind of excited about this year. It’s almost like the good old days where places didn’t open until 5 or 6am on Friday and we get to enjoy thanksgiving dinner again and football haha.

Plus if we get more deals all November long, there’s nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

I'm so getting ready for this.  I have already bought a couple of things.  We are getting toy books in the mail so the grandkids are looking and making list (or i am for them) and my son has already got his list going on the frig.  My husband has a wish list on Amazon.  I have a wish list, Christmas list and shopping list on Amazon!  Woo hoo!  I don't buy hardly anything from Amazon any more.  I try to find it elsewhere and support locally.  I just use Amazon for the list!!  LOL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time to announce the winners!

We had 2,359 total entries this year which were all the posts in the Black Friday forums that weren't in prize club threads or weren't made by me.

After all entries were randomized and 5 random numbers were selected, here are the winners:

1st Prize: $200 Gift Card to the Retailer of Your Choice
Winner: jaymacfla (for this post)

2nd Prize: Amazon Fire 7" 32GB Tablet with Case and Echo Dot Bundle
Winner: vern28 (for this post)

3rd Prize: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite E-Reader and Echo Dot Bundle
Winner: Kash (for this post)

4th Prize: Google Nest Home Hub 7" Smart Display
Winner: cllehto (for this post)

5th Prize: Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K Media Player
Winner: riven3d (for this post)

Congrats to the winners and look for a PM from me to claim your prize. Prizes must be claimed by replying to the PM by January 31, 2021 or they will be forfeited.

The random selection process was done with the help of some of the mods on Discord, so they can confirm it was legit :)

• Like 5