PetSmart ad is disappointing!

First Lady

Just have to say I'm so disappointed in the PetSmart ad and the kitty litter being $9.99 this year!  I always bought a bunch for my cats to last us the year and some to donate.  I would stand in line outside waiting for it to open and then typically an hour in the checkout line!  Not this year :( 

And they have had (for the past 3+ years) their small animal timothy hay for 50% off which I stock up on for my guinea pigs.  Not this year :(

So bummed, especially since my hubby has BF off and I was looking forward to him being able to help me with all the cat litter.  Not this year :(  (sorry had to continue it for laughs)

I went and checked last year... Cat litter was $8.99 before noon. And $9.99 after noon. The ad was 7 pages long. But, all through the ad they had product with the different prices/times marked, and not separate pages. So I dunno. Guess we'll have to see. But, having the preview up on their site is already allowing a large number to view it, and a lot of people may not think to check for a different ad, and cross them off their list completely.

The cat litter has gone up $1 each year for the past couple years!  Right now Target has a deal where it's the same price shipped to my door at PetSmart on BF.  I'm sure my UPS guy would hate me though if I ordered 8 tubs shipped to my house!

And no Meijer, sure miss that store!

2 pails for $19.52 ($9.76 each) at Target right now online with store pickup (Buy One, Get One 15% off @ $13.69 each) & Red Card. 

Disclaimer: If you do this, you'll miss out waiting in the PetSmart checkout line for 60+ minutes (if you've never been on BF, I'm really not exaggerating) ...so if that's your tradition, go ahead and stick to it.

VEHbY1FVEHbY1FVEHbY1F.jpg

• Like 1

I'm so surprised that there was no subsequent ad released.  The ad here and on their site does not even list the time the store opens or any other info. I really thought another ad was coming that would include more (much more!).   Really disappointing.  

• Like 1

It has gone up over the past several years, but...$1-$2 extra a tub is really messing y’all up? I know every dollar counts sometimes, but it’s still cheaper than it is all year.

Plus, as is on the ad, you can buy online at BF prices and pick up in store this year. No lines for that!! :)

It has gone up over the past several years, but...$1-$2 extra a tub is really messing y’all up? I know every dollar counts sometimes, but it’s still cheaper than it is all year.

Plus, as is on the ad, you can buy online at BF prices and pick up in store this year. No lines for that!! :)

For me, it’s not cheaper at $9.99. I regularly get the 14lb jugs for $2 or less using coupons during Super Doubles at Harris Teeter. This equates to $5 for a 35lb bucket, which is half the price PetSmart is charging.

With 5 cats, litter deals are a must! [emoji81]

• Like 1

Nope. That was it. And the store was fairly dead too, go figure.

Up until 7:30 there was no one in line. At 7:30 there were about 5-6, and they opened a 3rd register. Because they had the extra people to do it!

Normally by about 7:15 the line is at least halfway to the back of the store.

• Like 1

Wow, that is a huge change from last year. I went to PetSmart 3 times last BF and turned around and walked right back out the door because the line wrapped around the back of the store each time. Ended up ordering what I wanted online last year because it was so busy.

I wonder if they took a big enough hit to their profits that they might change things back to the way they were in the past. It will be interesting to see what they put in next years ad.

Their sale was really weak this year. No cat furniture on sale, really, litter deal was not the best deal, depending on what other stores folks had available to them, no "first X # of customers through doors get coupon/gc/whatever" etc. Petco beat them on some things, too.

This is the first year I haven't gone to PetSmart on BF in a VERY long time. I did go to Petco, though. (Great deal on Litter Genie Plus system that I wanted to pick up.)

I skipped Petsmart. Went to Pets Supplies Plus instead.  50% off all cat furniture and scratching post, 50% off Sheba multi packs (My cats favorite) and Tidy Cats litter 35 lb $8.99.  Temptations treats (big bag) buy one get one free. Super sale.   All the cat/dog toys were buy one get one free too.