BRAG TIME! So what did you give or get that was a BIG Hit?

magickallight

This might be a little long, but the backstory makes the story :). My kids bought a house in March, and there is cedar trim throughout. The main bathroom doesn't have a mirror (weird, right?). So I've known since March that I wanted to get them a cedar framed mirror for Christmas. Well, let me tell you, every one I could find cost anywhere from $300 - $700. That was not going to happen, so I gave up.  A few weeks ago, a gentleman here in my small town put some cedar benches out on the sidewalk and he only had $75 on them. I wondered what he would charge me to frame a mirror, but I didn't have time to stop. SO, fast forward to the weekend before Christmas. I'm completely done and ready, when I see the man putting the benches out again. I thought, what the heck? I'll stop and ask. I walked in to his little shop and started to ask about a mirror, when I turned around and there it was! $35!! I think I scared the poor man when I screamed "There it is!" LOL.       --      It was one of the first things the kids opened, and my DIL got so excited she was ready to go home right then and put the mirror up!  That was the best :).  http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/Photo%20Dec%2016%2010%2025%2015%20AM.jpg

• Like 11

Would seem a very small thing to some but... an elf ornament.

Back story: A dear friend of mine was extremely close to his grandma, even taking on a part-time caregiver's role in her last few years. She passed a few years back and part of his inheritance, if you will, was her Christmas tree and all of her decorations. Her tree was known as the "elf tree" in their family, as it was covered with elves (pre-Elf on the Shelf era, but that style of elf). Every year, in remembrance of his grandma, my friend puts that tree up, complete with all of her elves.

This year, as I hunted for something unique and special for him, I came across a jingle bell ornament that had that style of elf sitting on top of the jingle bell reading a book. I knew I had to get it for him.

How do I know it was a big hit? When he told me the ornament was already on the tree and that it was "perfect". (He lives out of state from me.) Brought tears to my eyes to know he found it worthy of adding to her collection.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 5

My new favorite company is Penzey's spices.  Love what they stand for - found them after the Woman's March back in January.   DD23 has moved out and is a chef in Miami.  Sent her one of their deluxe spice boxes.  She LOVED it and even used the spices the very day she opened the gift!

• Like 2

My new favorite company is Penzey's spices.  Love what they stand for - found them after the Woman's March back in January.   DD23 has moved out and is a chef in Miami.  Sent her one of their deluxe spice boxes.  She LOVED it and even used the spices the very day she opened the gift!

Penzey’s is great. Based here and we have a bunch of their stores around the area.

My new favorite company is Penzey's spices. Love what they stand for - found them after the Woman's March back in January. DD23 has moved out and is a chef in Miami. Sent her one of their deluxe spice boxes. She LOVED it and even used the spices the very day she opened the gift!

Their taco seasoning is the best!

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app

received ...a very nice 42 in tv.(not hung yet , i am waiting for bracket extenders for the mount),real diamond carrot ear rings,among other things... but the gift that meant more was an all in one printer.  i fax on  a weekly basis and used a very outdated fax machine. someone thought to notice and purchased 5 in 1 printer.  i ended up using the printer the very next day to print out a label to return a laptop that when it was opened there were back stripes along the bottom. had to mail it back and they will be sending a replacement.needed to print the label.

given.... would be cab mounts and floor boards for Adam's truck...he has a classic truck he drives and the top is NOT connected to the bottom! now the truck will actually be one piece and safe~~

Edited by stevierocks
  • Like 1

My dad is a retired Marine. Our family agreed that we would give him money to get a uniform. All money gifts were wrapped in unique ways and he was so excited to add to his stash. 

My DGD age 6 got super excited when she opened her robotic hedgehog (Target clearance last summer)

But I think the biggest hit was DD14's laptop. I think she has thanked me everyday since Christmas, told me what she's done on it and how she is going to take such good care of it. 

• Like 1

My new favorite company is Penzey's spices. Love what they stand for - found them after the Woman's March back in January. DD23 has moved out and is a chef in Miami. Sent her one of their deluxe spice boxes. She LOVED it and even used the spices the very day she opened the gift!

I will be trying them very soon. Sounds wonderful

• Like 1