Wearing anything special for BF?

genoandkiddo

I live in Central Florida and it was HOT last year. This year Im gonna be about 36 weeks pregnant. I'll probably wear capris and a sleeveless shirt and comfy flip-flops. Or maybe not flip-flops, dont want to get my feet rolled over by crazy people who use their shopping carts as wepons.

Melissa

I live in Central Florida and it was HOT last year. This year Im gonna be about 36 weeks pregnant. I'll probably wear capris and a sleeveless shirt and comfy flip-flops. Or maybe not flip-flops, dont want to get my feet rolled over by crazy people who use their shopping carts as wepons.

Melissa

Haha, I live in Orlando, nice to see another central floridian here :)

I'm gonna wear shorts and a sleeveless shirt too. It might be cold here by the end of Nov, but you gotta have full-range-of-motion clothing for the sprints down the aisles! :D

Gonna wear my BDU's with the excuse I have to go to work after it

What branch are you in? If I am not being to personal. My hubby was in the Air Force, my brother is now, My parents and Hubby's father were. I think that would be a great Idea. I don't know how well that will work, but there's nothing wrong with trying it.

I am in Alabama so its not too cold yet by then. I like to wear my christmas sweaters but no need to stumble around in the dark, we ( mom sis and I ) play cards after thanksgiving dinner until 2 am then off to the big sales we go and what fun to leave the kiddies home with dad and just shop shop shop shop shop Hurry up BF I can't wait!!

PA here and hopefully we WON'T have the S*** word here. I usually wear sweats with a huge flannel shirt to stay warm while waiting in line, once I get in the store then I can tie it around my waist. Coats are a hassle. I always use my trusty backpack purse but reverse it so it's on my front instead of my back. Personally at 4am I don't much care how I look ROTFL just as long as I am comfy !

snips,

I did that a few years ago, I stayed up all night didn't sleep at all, but when we got home, I was so tired I couldn't enjoy what I bought. So now I take a nap on thanksgiving, then go to bed around midnight and make myself get at least two hours.

I mean really who sleeps on BF eve any way? I just can't stay up all night. I get to funny. But if you can, you go!!!!!!!

I lay out my outfit in the bathroom downstairs so I don't wake up the whole family while I stumble around the dark (and dog). Usually anything comfy. Jeans/sweatshirt. Heavy jacket too. Last year it was freezing and I was in-line by 2am. I didn't even go to bed!! Kay Bee Toys opens up at 5am so I have to be in line that early. By 3am every year there is literally 100 people or so waiting.

People are absolutely insane here in my area!! Never see any Dads, just us Moms!!!! KayBee Toys is so expensive in our area except on BF. The deals are through the roof. I do most of my shopping there, then speed down the road to Toys R Us. They always open earlier then stated too. You should see the lines by opening at 5am. Total insanity!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone! Dana coming at ya from North Georgia. On BF, I will have on a sweatshirt and jeans, and a rope tied around my brother to me, so I can just walk behind him as he pushes his way thru the crowds (people tend to move out of his way-he's only 6'5 1/2 and weighs 350). There will be no southern charm at Walmart that morning. LOL

Oh I dunno I think I changed my mind .. I may borrow my sons football equipment ..those big shoulder pads should create enough room around me to breath and will come in handy when charging for the sales. Then I can always yell touchdown when I find something good and have someone in line for me while I shop and then just throw the items to them to hang onto until they get up to the register. Crazy yes....but it just might work <G>

Let's see....last year it was just jeans, a t-shirt, and a borrowed leather jacket over that. But it was cold (35°F and windy), and I don't generally get cold. However, if it stays the same up until BF as it's been the last week or so, we're probably only looking at mid-40's, which if there's not insane wind like last time, I can deal with just fine. :)

One of the friends who I went with last year, said that the first year he went (2-3 years ago), he was outside with no jacket or anything. Probably around 65°-70°, I'd imagine. In Texas you can never really predict...lol

Oh, and I suppose I will be "wearing" my camera bag (I just bought a Canon PowerShot S1 IS about three weeks ago), so I can take pictures of all the madness!

Oh I love this thread. I ALSO LOVE BF anoterh NYmom who looks forward to it all year. In fact the boys and I are spending the night at my sis's THursday so she can watch the boys BF mornign adn I dont' ahve to get tehm up at 3 am

I lvie rigth buy Caygua Lake (Middle of LAke ont eh sdie closets to Owasco Lake) so unfourtunatly I have to got to Auburn and Ithica to hit all the stores. I m about 35-45 minyes form each

Oh so i stay on topic I am wwearign cloths Ok well my jebans socks and sneakers not srue what on top yet oh adn mittens probally no coat

And we ahev hd snow here this week

On a side note my almost * year old and 10 yea old are asking if they get to go

I wouldn't allow my kids to go regardless! I get ALL of my shopping done on BF and wouldn't want little eyes seeing what they were getting. Im over half way done now so I should finish it up on BF. Even if I have to pay regular price, Im out at the stores and want to finish! Im so ahead of the game this year, I've wrapped everything I bought too. Hubby is so proud. Last year I was wrapping christmas eve till 1am!

Me too elena, I was joking about her not having anything to wear. She is way too young. She would get seriously hurt. But that is what I told her. She doesn't have a christmas sweat shirt, santa hat, santa earrings, jinglebell necklace or christmas sox. So teasing her I said, "No, you don't have anything to wear."

Oh I should say I DON"T let them go first thing in the moring. I usally pick them up afetr 12 and we go to the mall In Ithica tinyier mall fine for an 8 year old boy adn 10eyar old boy.

Tehy want to go to geta good deal :lol

I todl thm no one under 18 coudl be in wal-mart that early in teh moring on BF

Hey all.. my one sister that checks out this stuff from her place in AZ, and was reading somewhere that another person has a cool idea. For all of us.. all forums included, not just theirs or not just this one, but everyone. In order to recognize everyone from these forums for BF, everyone wear a red shirt that day. (of course for me you will have to wait till layers start coming off cuz of the cold here). At any rate.. it's just a thought from another person that is on another forum. I think it's a cool idea and all ya gotta do to let them know you recognize them as one of the internet forum people is say "Nice Shirt" and if they are they will say "Nice Shirt" back to you. Sounds like fun to me! I'm curious to see how many people there are reading all this stuff and also visiting these websites in my area. Just a thought! :idea: