Anyone bought a Christmas tree on Black Friday?

Jenn_A

I buy a fresh Christmas Tree from Home Depot around the first weekend in December, but I use a Black Friday technique to save a bit which can apply to either a fresh or artificial tree if you buy it from Home Depot or Lowes.

For a number of years, including this year, Rite Aid has offered $50 "Home Depot" gift cards with $10 back in Plenti Points.  I buy two of these and use one and part of the next to buy the Christmas tree, then the remainder to buy other things later.  Although these say "Home Depot" on them, some or all of them are actually usable at any home store, including Lowes. (Be sure to read the fine print if you are thinking of using it that way.)

You could buy the cards at Rite Aid Thanksgiving morning and then take them to Home Depot the next day or anytime to buy the tree and, of course, you can use them to buy an artificial tree or anything else at Home Depot.

Edited by mcwalker
  • Like 3

I went to Home Depot yesterday and looked around at the trees. They have a slim tree with color changing lights for $129. Due to space where my tree has to go I really need a slim tree......I doubt this one will be the "special buy" tree but if it happens to be on some kind of sale I may just have to snag one for next year. I'm very jealous of my parents and sister who have the color changing lights. LOL

They usually have a % off all trees BF week so you might be in luck.

Lowe's is also generally good for a BF tree. I'm in the market for one to replace one out then kitten destroyed 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

I buy a fresh Christmas Tree from Home Depot around the first weekend in December, but I use a Black Friday technique to save a bit which can apply to either a fresh or artificial tree if you buy it from Home Depot or Lowes.

For a number of years, including this year, Rite Aid has offered $50 "Home Depot" gift cards with $10 back in Plenti Points. I buy two of these and use one and part of the next to buy the Christmas tree, then the remainder to buy other things later. Although these say "Home Depot" on them, some or all of them are actually usable at any home store, including Lowes. (Be sure to read the fine print if you are thinking of using it that way.)

You could buy the cards at Rite Aid Thanksgiving morning and then take them to Home Depot the next day or anytime to buy the tree and, of course, you can use them to buy an artificial tree or anything else at Home Depot.

Oooooooo thank you!!

Jennifer

Michaels has a 7ft pre lit tree on sale this week for $79.99. It has good ratings. Plus you also get a free tree bag, and free shipping.

attachicon.gifwp_ss_20171029_0001.png

Nice!!! Thanks so much!

Jennifer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Home Depot has had a nice tree on sale the last few years. 2 years ago, I bought my kids one on BF. Last year, I got one for myself. It's 7.5 foot, lights can change from multi color to solid white, $79.http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/GottaDeal-HomeDepot-BF2016%20tree.jpg

Home Depot has it again this year. It’s a beautiful tree.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 2

Saw at least 10 more at yard sales, some nearly new in the box just yesterday, lol. If anyone needs a tree they are welcome to one that I have (in it's original box) if you live anywhere near the Jacksonville, Fl. area.

The neighbor across the street is putting up Christmas lights and decorations. I believe his name is Rusty Griswold.

• Like 2

I bought 2 of the Home Depot trees 3 years ago and they've been wonderful and it was a great experience. We got there early on BF to line up. It was super cold but they brought us hot coco and doughnuts in line. Then the manager came and asked what we were looking for. He gave several people exact instructions on how to grab their items, for me and a couple others they actually loaded the trees in a cart and had them waiting by the door. When the store opened all we had to do was push our cart to checkout! It was AMAZING and I became a Home Depot shopper for life!!!
  • Like 4