Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

Ebay has 12 months xBox Live for $42.99 today. Can't decide whether to jump on that or hope for an even better deal.  In years past, I've been able to get it for $30 or $35. But last year I never did find it that cheap and ended up giving $50.

I would love to get this for $30 or $35!! I hate that you have to pay to access xbox live so my son can play with his friends. That is one thing I always loved about nintendo, no extra fees for internet capability!!

Super Mario Odyssey is definitely on our list!  She had played it at a friend's house, but the other day we went to Gamestop and she played it.  When I told her you can also take it on the go, she decided she wanted it.  She is not a big gamer, but we all enjoy playing games (and watching) as a family sometimes.  

Another one that is on the list is Mario Kart. :)  I've not seen it on sale anywhere that I can remember.  I am about to recheck all the ads to see.

We have Mario kart for the switch. I love that I can turn on a safety mode so that you can't fall off the track (like bumper lanes for bowling) and my 4 year old plays with us! :)

I would love to get this for $30 or $35!! I hate that you have to pay to access xbox live so my son can play with his friends. That is one thing I always loved about nintendo, no extra fees for internet capability!!

We have Mario kart for the switch. I love that I can turn on a safety mode so that you can't fall off the track (like bumper lanes for bowling) and my 4 year old plays with us! :)

FYI Best Buy has 3 months of xbox live for $9.99 on BF so a year is $39.96, best I've seen so far.

• Like 1

FYI Best Buy has 3 months of xbox live for $9.99 on BF so a year is $39.96, best I've seen so far.

Ya, I'm so hoping those are available online, and they don't limit you to 1 or 2.  Those are the only things left I need from Best Buy, so I don't want to have to fight the crowd for just them.

Ya, I'm so hoping those are available online, and they don't limit you to 1 or 2.  Those are the only things left I need from Best Buy, so I don't want to have to fight the crowd for just them.

I'd say there is a very good chance it will be online until they run out and I'm quite sure no limit.

• Like 1

If anyone happens to be looking at this right now - it's 1:30 am eastern, trying to get the madden xbox with extra controller from best buy but all it says is either coming soon or not available.  I can't stay up all night, what are my chances if I try again late tomorrow morning?

If anyone happens to be looking at this right now - it's 1:30 am eastern, trying to get the madden xbox with extra controller from best buy but all it says is either coming soon or not available.  I can't stay up all night, what are my chances if I try again late tomorrow morning?

Possible. BestBuy site is just HORRIBLE tonight. I have been trying to check out for well over an hour.

I'm so pissed.  I had it open on chrome and firefox, trying both just to get the stupid bundle in my cart, started at 1 am, still sitting here an hour and a half later.  I "think" I made the purchase, the dang thing is hung up, going round and round but my credit card shows the charge.  No email confirmation though.  I guess I'll just go to bed and pray.  Worst case scenario it didn't go thru, oh well.  Good luck!  :)  

What a disaster, was up til 3 am, finally got it thru from what it looked like, went to bed and gave up.  Got up this morning and had an email that the order was there.  Phew!   But, wanted a black controller and they didn't have one at the time, will see if the hubby can take the white one to the store and exchange it.  

Looks like all the big retailers are selling the basic XBOX One S online. That is a good thing.

I bought a Halo bundle online at Walmart a few days ago because I wasn't sure if they would. And didn't want to have to fight crowds for one. My bundle deal actually came out better than the BF basic console price. Bundle was $249 with Battlefront 2 and Call of Duty. The games came on a separate receipt so I am returning CoD for $39. Takes the price of the Halo console and Battlefront 2, which I planned on getting anyway down to $210. So if you subtract the price of BF and the Halo games off, my console cost around $100.

Tap'd from my 7+

• Like 2

Just a quick public service announcement, if you're getting the switch and you plan to download any games for it you may want to grab a microSD card. The console only has 32GB internal and games can get big. I ordered the 128GB SanDisk from the BestBuy BF ad. Should give her storage to last for a while.

• Like 1

Does anyone recall if there have been bogo video game deals after BF? I still need a couple of Nintendo Switch games that haven’t gone on sale anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

If TRU sale is still good you can get them BOGH thats Buy One get 50% off the 2nd other than that there wasnt any other deals

• 2 weeks later...