Black Friday media coverage

lilac100

So I've been seeing the media coverage.  They have been going on and on about how much shopping was done online.  They can't figure out the exact why of it.  I have a theory.  My theory is with the stores opening on Thanksgiving people don't want to leave their families to go shopping but they can't afford to miss the sales.  So if stores go back to opening on Friday maybe they have a better shot at actual foot traffic.  The whole point of loss leaders is to get you into the store to buy things not on sale.  When shopping online you are less likely to impulse buy a pancake turner to go with the skillet that is on sale.  Anyway that is my take on the jump in online sales this year.  That's why I did mine online.  I could shop while the Turkey was in the oven before anyone got here.

Online is big because it starts so much sooner. Kohl's started Sunday night. Most stores started Wednesday night.

If they want more people in stores, maybe they should start the sales on Wednesday night, close Thursday and then maybe have more deals on Friday?

• Like 2

I think the same, stop trying to make it the entire week just take the store openings to Friday with the sales starting on Friday. You will get people in the stores and online all the same. Many people are with family and don't want to take that time away. I know I don't.

First, a LOT of the best deals were available online.  If you were not going to get the door busters, then you might as well shop online.  Second, Visa Checkout.  $25 off $100 is pretty good, right?  Third, we all have enough televisions.  Fourth, no one can fit their 60" televisions in their Volts.

In a few years, when you are all driving volts, I will clean up!

http://images.usedcarsgroup.com/2016-ford-f_150-exeter-nh-i2638034121037046596-3.jpg

• Like 1

First, a LOT of the best deals were available online.  If you were not going to get the door busters, then you might as well shop online.  Second, Visa Checkout.  $25 off $100 is pretty good, right?  Third, we all have enough televisions.  Fourth, no one can fit their 60" televisions in their Volts.

In a few years, when you are all driving volts, I will clean up!

http://images.usedcarsgroup.com/2016-ford-f_150-exeter-nh-i2638034121037046596-3.jpg

I won't be driving one. Had a truck up until last year now have a big SUV and my wife is STILL trying to get her even bigger SUV. Dealers are much like stores with their online shopping. It isn't yours until it's shipped lol.