Hatchimal - is this one of the hot toys this year?

ltb845

Yes, very very popular!

I bought 2, one for each kid, the day they went up for sale. It took about a week or so for the hype to cause everyone to go nuts and be out of stock.

Just keep checking. I'm sure there are websites devoted to letting people know when they show up in stock at certain stores. Maybe google search for those and keep calling and checking your stores.

As said above just keep checking your stores and as soon as it's in you need to be on top of it. My wife keeps looking for a second one and says some people are now asking several hundred dollars for them. We paid whatever the normal price is for the first one for our daughter.

I went to several stores yesterday, called even more, and no one has them here.  One of my friends texted me on Monday that Target had them, but I had this stupid thing called work that I had to be at, and couldn't get there.  Can't find them anywhere, and all three stores that I went to said the same thing, that they are backed up at the manufacturer.  Walmart had 2 boxes on order that were already past the expected receipt date, so they have no idea when to expect them to arrive...very frustrating, but glad there are several more weeks until Christmas...

Walmart told me that they will only be selling them online and not in the stores.  Can anyone confirm that??  Their online prices are outrageous.  Luckily, I don't need one, but my neighbor is looking for one for her daughter, so I always check when I'm out.  

Edited by Dylansmommy

Walmart told me that they will only be selling them online and not in the stores.  Can anyone confirm that??  Their online prices are outrageous.  Luckily, I don't need one, but my neighbor is looking for one for her daughter, so I always check when I'm out.  

OP from this discussion got one at WM a few days ago so I can confirm that's NOT TRUE.

LOL. I feel like we're playing Pokemon Go, here... Wild Hatchimals can spawn up just about anywhere, but they are very rare.

Now I feel compelled to check Harbor Freight next time I'm in there.

I found one today at an HEB in Texas. Thanks you for posting that they at a grocery store.

I posted in another thread about the grocery store. So glad you found one. I love the fact they are coming into unexpected places. I am a strong believer in checking where you least expect to find them you may get lucky. I did not expect to see them at the supermarket but low and behold they are popping up there!

My daughter bought one today at a Books A Million

It says they have them in stock about 40 minutes from me, but of course, they are closed now, so I will call tomorrow when they open.  Thank you for letting me know, because I never would've thought to look there!!

I overheard two ladies asking about Hatchimals at Target today. The employee basically told them they had no chance. She said that they never know what's coming on the truck but they only get 4-6 at a time and people are lined up at the door when they open to get them. How crazy is that?!?

I overheard two ladies asking about Hatchimals at Target today. The employee basically told them they had no chance. She said that they never know what's coming on the truck but they only get 4-6 at a time and people are lined up at the door when they open to get them. How crazy is that?!?

Yep, I pretty much heard the same thing, as far as not knowing what's on the truck.  I was also told tonight that the Target warehouse doesn't have them, so they aren't expecting them.  And our store had 24 when they opened last Monday (I believe that's when the toy book started), and they sold out in 8 minutes, even limiting each person to 1...*sigh*

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How much are/were these things originally? They must be a hot commodity as I am seeing them being offered for sale on Facebook groups for $150 to $200 EACH! Are these that cool?

Ive seen them in the ads for $49 i think but no clue what they are selling for when not on sale

• Like 1

How much are/were these things originally? They must be a hot commodity as I am seeing them being offered for sale on Facebook groups for $150 to $200 EACH! Are these that cool?

They are about $60 +/- $10.  $49 isn't much of a sale, but it's not like they need a sale - they just need inventory.

People are outrageously inflating the price of these on resale.  I forgot the toy a few years ago that came across this, too...was it a cabbage patch kid?

• Like 1

They are about $60 +/- $10.  $49 isn't much of a sale, but it's not like they need a sale - they just need inventory.

People are outrageously inflating the price of these on resale.  I forgot the toy a few years ago that came across this, too...was it a cabbage patch kid?

yes it was Cabbage Patch Kids but it was more than a few years ago lol more like when we were kids

I talked to one of my Walmart contacts, and she said they are expecting a grand total of 8 Hatchimals for BF at her store. I preordered one for my daughter before I knew what they were. She doesn't play with her Furby, so I am selling this once I get around to it. Or I might wait to see if the person my daughter picks off the school giving tree wants one. I would feel really bad if I sold it and then I couldn't get the one gift they wanted.