Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

What are you looking for this BF?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#31 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 11, 2004 - 11:35 am

There are quite a few BlackFridayHolics here :)

#32 starshine  OFFLINE  

starshine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 11, 2004 - 12:11 pm

Hey I'm so glad I found this forum! I have been chomping at the bit for ads since Febuary! :D LOL Can't wait to see some ads and start my list. My son wants a stereo and I would like a portable DVD player for the car.

#33 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 11, 2004 - 12:25 pm

Hi starshine, Welcome to the forums and please make yourself at home :) Ross

#34 mugs  OFFLINE  

mugs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 11, 2004 - 3:57 pm

Ahem, there are THREE main gaming consoles geno, and the best one is Gamecube. ;) From what I hear the XBox has the best hardware, but the PS2 is more popular because of the game selection. I also think the controller sucks for XBox, even the new one. Then again, I don't like PS2 controllers either, I can never remember which button is which. GameCube has a good controller. :) SNES had the best controllers ever though.

#35 Brad  ONLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,601 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 11, 2004 - 4:05 pm

SNES had the best controllers ever though.

Agreed. The only 2 consoles I own are SNES and Dreamcast. Some great games for both of those systems.

#36 genoandkiddo  OFFLINE  

genoandkiddo

clearance lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 11, 2004 - 4:11 pm

There are quite a few BlackFridayHolics here :)

Hello, my name is Kiddo and I am a Blackfridayholic. It started about nine years ago, totally by accident. I was working as a stock person in Walmart and saw some of the good deals. I just couldn't help myself. From then on, I have scoured the ads, cut coupons, searched clearance racks and dream about black friday. I just can't help it. :2cloud9:

Mugs, Thank you for your help as well. I think I am going to wait until the ads come out and decide then. Who knows, I might be able to get two systems. :yup:

Starshine, Welcome, this forum is the best. But you will see for yourself.
I love it. :groovin:

#37 BFQueenofNY  OFFLINE  

BFQueenofNY

slave to clearance signs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 16, 2004 - 5:12 pm

I am hoping that I can get a portable color dvd player for the car for about $100-$150.

#38 jadedmomof2  OFFLINE  

jadedmomof2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 16, 2004 - 5:55 pm

I'm looking for a VCR, Gamecube, and a tv/vcr combo. GC and combo are for my son's birthday which is 2 weeks before Christmas. Oh, and if I save up enough money in time, a cheap computer, because this one is nearly 6 years old. I think DH and I may split up our stores this year. He usually does Walmart by himself, but I think this year I'll let him handle Walmart again, and I'll head over to Best Buy, or maybe Target.

#39 Keebelf  OFFLINE  

Keebelf

Anime Freak!

• 3,580 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 19, 2004 - 8:00 am

A good surround sound system for DH....a plasma screen wouldn't be bad either but I like our Entertainment Center too mcuh lOL. My first Leap Pad learning system for DD (4 in Jan.) Maybe a small bike for DS (2 on BF!) or else a bigger bike for Alexis and give Patrick her bike (which we got at last year's BF!) Does Home Depot ever do a BF sale on their Hard Wood Flooring? That would be worth a shot as well....and a privacy fence....Jeez, I need to quit thinking! :banghead: That is mainly it without looking at the sale lists and saying "Oh yeah, forgot about THAT!..."
Leah

#40 mjjandz  OFFLINE  

mjjandz

THE BOSS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 3:57 am

I will be looking for a good but cheap lap top computer from my one son. not sure yet what to get other son. Allison

#41 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 10:38 am

There's a couple things I need 2 TVs at least 19in Deals on PS2 games DVD player (just a plain one) A great deal on some craftsman tools for my hubby! Am I the only one that finds themselves awake at night hoping for a glimpse of Black Friday sales! It's a sickness!!

#42 cactusmom  OFFLINE  

cactusmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 12:24 pm

Am I the only one that finds themselves awake at night hoping for a glimpse of Black Friday sales! It's a sickness!!

I do the same thing, but we are still in for a little wait. I did a search on several different forums and it looks like the earliest hint of the 2003 ads last year was about November 11th. :worried: A lot of sleepless nights huh?

#43 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 12:37 pm

I will be looking for a good but cheap lap top computer from my one son.

not sure yet what to get other son.

Hi Allison,

Welcome to the forums :)

How much is "cheap"?

#44 genoandkiddo  OFFLINE  

genoandkiddo

clearance lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 1:28 pm

No shanni, you are not the only one. I do that too. I get up early as well. It is a sickness and I am glad that I have it. I am just glad that it is not the FLU! LOL.

#45 mjjandz  OFFLINE  

mjjandz

THE BOSS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 3:14 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Not sure yet,I want one that has enough memory and space for him to grow with it. He is a freshman in high school.

Allison

Hi Allison,

Welcome to the forums :)

How much is "cheap"?

#46 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 3:39 pm

Allison, You're welcome :) Well if you can get us a budget for the laptop, I will keep my eyes open for any deals.

#47 mugs  OFFLINE  

mugs

• 7,323 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 3:45 pm

Allison - if he's just a freshman in high school, why not get him a desktop computer instead of a laptop? You could get a better desktop (read: it'll last longer) than a laptop for less money, it's more upgradeable, etc. The laptop will probably never leave his desk anyway. :) Just a suggestion though, it's too bad you missed the Dell deal the other day. I remember last black Friday Best Buy had a laptop for $500 (Didn't you get one of those Rossman?), maybe you'll get lucky this year.

#48 mjjandz  OFFLINE  

mjjandz

THE BOSS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 3:59 pm

He has a desktop he built, he is a computer wiz kid.

what was the dell deal the other day?

Allison

Allison - if he's just a freshman in high school, why not get him a desktop computer instead of a laptop? You could get a better desktop (read: it'll last longer) than a laptop for less money, it's more upgradeable, etc. The laptop will probably never leave his desk anyway. :) Just a suggestion though, it's too bad you missed the Dell deal the other day. I remember last black Friday Best Buy had a laptop for $500 (Didn't you get one of those Rossman?), maybe you'll get lucky this year.

#49 mjjandz  OFFLINE  

mjjandz

THE BOSS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 4:00 pm

I am looking around the $500 range.

Allison

ps I am glad I found this site. :clapping:

Allison,

You're welcome :)

Well if you can get us a budget for the laptop, I will keep my eyes open for any deals.

#50 mugs  OFFLINE  

mugs

• 7,323 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 4:03 pm

He has a desktop he built, he is a computer wiz kid.

what was the dell deal the other day?

Allison

The Dell deal the other day was $750 off Inspirons $1499 and up. I'll keep an eye out for laptop deals when the black friday circulars come out, hope you don't mind camping out at Best Buy. :-)

#51 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 20, 2004 - 4:11 pm

I am looking around the $500 range.

Allison

ps I am glad I found this site. :clapping:

and you discovered the emoticons as well :2pimp:

Ok getting back to business, you should check out SmilieWorx.com awesome software!

#52 mjjandz  OFFLINE  

mjjandz

THE BOSS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 21, 2004 - 2:10 am

got my blanket and coffee ready........ :yup:

The Dell deal the other day was $750 off Inspirons $1499 and up. I'll keep an eye out for laptop deals when the black friday circulars come out, hope you don't mind camping out at Best Buy. :-)

#53 Mish  OFFLINE  

Mish

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 23, 2004 - 5:57 pm

Hi, I'm new to this board and to the BF obsession!! What are the chances of finding an iPod at these sales? :angel1:

#54 Brad  ONLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,601 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 23, 2004 - 6:32 pm

Hi, I'm new to this board and to the BF obsession!! What are the chances of finding an iPod at these sales? :angel1:

Not good, since Apple doesn't let the stores advertise the iPod for below the MSRP. What particular model are you looking for? Maybe we can find you a deal now :)

#55 Basar  OFFLINE  

Basar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 23, 2004 - 11:05 pm

I'd be looking for a 35"+ TV if I were in the U.S. during BF :) I'll be backpacking through Europe with friends! :)

#56 genoandkiddo  OFFLINE  

genoandkiddo

clearance lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 24, 2004 - 7:28 am

Hey, last year WM had those inflatable lawn decorations for $25, Do you think this year they will be about the same price? If so I am going to get the Holmer Simpson. I just think that would be cool. Man does my list grow or what?

#57 NurseLissa  OFFLINE  

NurseLissa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 24, 2004 - 12:24 pm

Im looking for: *bike for dd 2 1/2 *DVD's *simple DVD player for guest room *PS2 game, the new Crash game (they're the only ones Im any good at) *PJ's for 2 SIL's (Target had theses cheap last year) Melissa

#58 peri  OFFLINE  

peri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 24, 2004 - 2:11 pm

1. laptop 2. digicam

#59 genoandkiddo  OFFLINE  

genoandkiddo

clearance lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 24, 2004 - 6:27 pm

I too am looking for a digicam.

#60 bearhuggz  OFFLINE  

bearhuggz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 25, 2004 - 4:21 am

Let's see so far I will be looking for: a Pink Leapster and a good deal on a cartridge for it. a gameboy SP a dual VCR/DVD player Craftsman screwdrivers but somehow that list always grows..... LOL :hert:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users