Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

A Little OT but

3 replies to this topic

#1 mello  OFFLINE  

mello

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 19, 2015 - 8:35 am

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the overcommunication from companies you order online from? Mostly because it has ruined numerous Christmas presents this year!

They keep sending emails and pop-up ads "inspired by your purchase history", or "people who ordered this also ordered that",  that are a dead give away to everyone in the family who uses the computer!!! My whole family has guessed what I got them! I'm highly annoyed, but not sure who to voice it to...

Edited by mello, Dec 19, 2015 - 8:37 am.

: ) melinda

#2 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,179 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 20, 2015 - 10:03 am

Did you buy from Amazon? Purchase on a separate account and log out when you are finished.  Don't share email accounts.

GO BRUINS!

#3 sassyaztec  OFFLINE  

sassyaztec

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 20, 2015 - 6:42 pm

you can turn off your browsing history on Amazon and will stop showing what you have previously viewed/purchased. there is also an option in facebook.  I would look into your account preferences. 

#4 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 26, 2015 - 4:40 pm

my sil was a bit upset ... except her thing was she ordered some things and instead of coming in boxes.. the company just stuck a shipping label on the items. and her kids saw them getting off ups truck. ruined her santa gifts!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users