Walmart.com Black Friday Sale Discussion Thread

Brad

Always one of the most popular online Black Friday sales, last year Walmart put their Black Friday ad items online around 2am EST early on Thursday morning. We expect a similar start time this year.

Walmart offers free shipping on orders of $50 or more, or you may be able to choose free in-store pickup if shipping is not available.

Last year's discussion thread: http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/205005-walmartcom-black-friday-sale/

Does any one know if stores are required to list or show "stock"/inventory amounts of items beind sold online, as they have to do for in-store, flyer sales? In other words, the minimum of each item they will have available? Curious...

Thanks,

RC

Do you have any tips for getting the online deals at Walmart? My son is interested in the PS4 bundle deal, the ad just says available all day on Thursday but doesn't state a time.

It starts in the store at 6p.m., last year the online sales started at about 2 a.m. On Thursday.

I went to Walmart tonight and they have already begun bringing things out into the aisles for Black Friday. It is all covered in plastic and typed notes stating that those item will not scan correctly until Thursday or Friday and the time of the sale. I have never seen the items out so early but we are forecast to possibly get a pretty good storm tomorrow. Another thing they have done-which I have not seen them do before- is they have taken most of the aisle items (regular non-sale stuff) and either took it in the back or put it into less used rows. They also pulled all of the clothes tight to the back of their section creating way more room in the aisles. It looks good now...just have to wait til Thursday evening and find out if it still does. :P

Do you have any tips for getting the online deals at Walmart? My son is interested in the PS4 bundle deal, the ad just says available all day on Thursday but doesn't state a time.

Make sure you find the item and automatically check out. Do not shop after that! Last year I tried to get the Xbox 360 for my son and I put it in my 'cart' and went and picked up the rest of what I wanted. When I went to check out it said they had to remove the Xbox because they were out of stock! It was just in stock like 7 minutes before. I felt like someone put their hand in my cart and stole it. I was able to physically go get it on Black Friday so it wasn't too big of a deal. Just something to think about when dealing with Walmart online.

Good Luck! :)

Edited by Bobbi0125
  • Like 2

Just a heads up for the items with GCs. I just got the Samsung Chromebook that I ordered on Friday that was supposed to have a $50 GC with it. Well, they sent me a $5 GC! Had to call CS and after 15 minutes on hold was able to get them to send me an e-GC, BUT it might not arrive in time for my BF shopping.

I have removed everything but about 15 items, sorry it looks like one of us helpers jumped the gun and maybe marked stuff as on sale when they saw the price there but forgot to see if it could actually be ordered yet for that price.

Once again sorry about this

my guess is it was unable to buy yet, usually when it looks how most of the items were its just a place holder till the sale goes live, this prevents people from placing them in the shopping carts and cheating others from getting it when the sale becomes available.

Did we get an answer to whether the "one-hour guarantee" or doorbuster items will be available online, or are these just "in store" deals?  Thanks.

One hour guarantee will probably just be in store.  It probably depends on WHICH doorbuster.  Any ticketed items will be in-store only.

Is there individual links to each item somewhere? I wanted to bookmark each one so I can click the link to add it to my basket so I can check out quickly. I know in years past there was a thread that had each item with a link already, even though we couldn't add it to the cart yet