Menards Black Friday

thuender

Stopped in Menards tonight to pick up some PEX supplies and noticed that they are starting to label the end caps with the items that need to be placed there.  The map they provide online is vague, so I like to take that map into the store around 8:30 pm and start figuring out exactly where everything is placed.  Most people that enter the store don't even realize there is a map.  

The best way to get to the back of the store (By appliances - where the BF electronics is at) is cut through the alleyway between plumbing and Heating/cooling items and head straight back.  Then make a left and you will get there before all the people waiting at the front door!   The employees intentionally have the people slow down throughout the main aisle! So this bypass strategy has worked for me for the past 5 years and I always get what I came for!  

It's all about the strategy!  :teacher:

I just can't believe i am going to brave menards on BF for a bathrobe, slippers and heated socks, a dancing frog speaker, dog bone and the meat logs! totally worth a 2 hour checkout? no, but we do it every year! kind of like walmart... i need socks undies and sweat pants... UGH! traditions! 

• Like 1

Out managers don't come outside, they send the receiving/lumber employees to watch the line.  An employee I spoke with yesterday, said they just fired 9 employees for theft and not wanting to show up for BF.  :gdgirlfight3ol: They are worried they are going to have enough staff to control the crowds!  Over the years, appears Menards tries to compete with Wal-Mart, Meijer, etc. but finds away to make a similar product for less from China.  Like these itek fitness monitors or the sharper image hd cameras.

My husband got the deal of a lifetime tonight. I was there buying a few things at around 6pm. Noticed 75% of the BF items were out. I price checked a few as nothing was wrapped. All set up ready to go for Friday.  Of course They weren't at BF prices as yet (came up regular prices).  Anyhow, got my few items from the christmas book and told my husband about what I saw when I got home.   He decided to go back to Menards before they closed at 9pm to see what the battery heated socks looked like.   He had an employee help him find them (in a garbage can no less in millwork).  They walked to the millwork desk to check price... Guess what.... BF PRICE WAS IN SYSTEM. My husband got 6 pairs as they are over $21 in all the stores.  Cashier up front said if its the system your good..   Of course my dog items for my furbabies weren't in the system....  thats my luck.   

• Like 1

I was at Menards last night after 8:30 and noticed they had most of the items out. The workers were getting nervous of the few of us there checking out the layout. When I asked them if they had maps,; they said they did not and you had to get them online.

The black and Decker cordless mower (this is my #1 item for the sale) was located at the intersection between lumber and windows. There is 8 of them out.

The Itek fitness bands are in the appliance area and there were only 12 of them. I read the package and it doesn't list a website or any real specs. It doesn't even record sleep.

So the maps online are accurate to where they are putting the merchandise. At least at my store!