Need clever gift wrap ideas

mileatime

a friend of mine just gave a white elephant gift of a gift card in a plastic bag frozen in a block of ice LOL Sounds way messier then i would do but probably funny as heck

Oh, I love that Idea! That would be hilarious, as she opens the box and low and behold Santa left her a huge block of ice. Then you could say, wait a minute is there something in there, right there, look. HEHE. Then hand her a chisel. LMAO!

I think the ballon places would be able to get a gift card into one.

Get her a box of kleenex, okay puffs plus. Tear off the lid thing, slide the card in about half way down the stack, make sure you can't see it. Wrap it up, put a nice bow or two on it. Then, hehehe, when she opens it tell her to be VERY careful, as who knows whats in there, it could be a loose diamond, or something fragile. Then sit back and watch her slowly lift out each kleenex one-by-one, inspecting each one. LMBO!!!

Or how about the regular standby. one little box w/the card inside of many, maybe 10 or so, different sized boxes. If you have enough wrapping paper, make sure you wrap each box. EVIL HUH? :yup:

Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

Or how about the regular standby. one little box w/the card inside of many, maybe 10 or so, different sized boxes. If you have enough wrapping paper, make sure you wrap each box. EVIL HUH? :yup:

Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

This is basically how my family wraps their gifts, especially if the person knows what they are getting. We also will use a roll of duct tape to seal the box, and then wrap it. My uncle started this and it has been a tradition since. :)

I had a friend put small gifts and gift cards inside some toilet paper and paper towel rolls. She has a TON of empty ones to and wrapper them all in tissue paper twisted at the end to look like little candys. Put them in a huge clear garbadge bag so it was like getting a giant bag of candy. Her child had to go through and open each one of them to find the stuff lol

Mara

How about, tie a ribbon to a gift tag hang it on the tree all pretty(but) have it run a course around the house ,yard or whatever to the final place maybe to a burried treasure box in the flower bed , with a gift card in it ? or if there is snow where you live run it to a box or letter in a hand of a snowman.

i saw this on a showa few days ago.if you're wrapping socks imagine taking a big piece of white tissue paper put the socks in the middle bring up and tie with a ribbon then do it again on top of the first pair of socksbring up tie then do it again socks tie up.you end up having a snowman like thing.

I have a couple, good for birthdays too. You can get those happy meal boxes from McDonalds and just stick a piece of tape over the tabs to keep from opening it. Also another great one is to use a KFC bucket like they put chicken in, you can either use the top or just put the item inside and top off with some red and white tissue paper. And you can get the boxes and bowls like the ones with the biscuits and potatoes. You can put practically anything in these but you could throw them and stick in a gift card for another different restaurant. these are all free if you just go in and ask.

another idea, when my cousin turned 18 my aunt and I filled about two to three hundred balloons some with helium some with air and just before filling them we would put a dollar in each one. My cousin is SCARED of bursting balloons so this was funny when she came home and entered her room and was surprized by the balloons but cried when she figured that she had to pop all of them to get the cash.