Amazon Teaming with USPS to Provide Sunday Delivery

mcwalker

Not really a Black Friday topic, but Amazon-related anyway.

Amazon is teaming up with the US Postal Service to provide delivery on Sundays.  The service will start in New York and Los Angeles metro areas first, and be rolled out to many other areas next year, including Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, and Phoenix.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/20131111_ap_6beba4c80af149e583009d4ccd079f22.html

I'm not sure on this story. For one, of the hundreds of packages that have been sent by Prime to me, not one has ever came by US Postal service that I can remember.  There's always rumors of the US Postal Service discontinuing Saturday delivery because of costs and now they are thinking of adding Sunday??  Weird.  But I may be wrong.

I saw this on the news this morning and they are only trying it out in 2 cities from what I heard... but it does seem kind of strange that they would do Sunday deliveries if they are hurting so bad - unless they are thinking that the added revenue will help pull them out of the hole they are in...  I have been getting more and more packages delivered through Prime via the USPS - but guess what - they ARE NOT getting here in 2 days 9 out of 10 times!

the UPS guy drives down my street daily same for the Fedex guy, i laugh when i see my packages dropped off that post office, its even funnier, when you have 2 packages, 1 dropped at the post office the other gets delivered by them on the same day...

the drivers think its so stupid.

to top it off my dang mail carrier doesnt deliver till 5-7 pm daily..gets hateful when something important comes in the mail that day and i cant deal with it right then because they are closed for the day by then

• Like 1

I'm not sure on this story. For one, of the hundreds of packages that have been sent by Prime to me, not one has ever came by US Postal service that I can remember.  There's always rumors of the US Postal Service discontinuing Saturday delivery because of costs and now they are thinking of adding Sunday??  Weird.  But I may be wrong.

sheesh I am always getting Prime shipped stuff USPS Smartpost....it sucks...

the UPS guy drives down my street daily same for the Fedex guy, i laugh when i see my packages dropped off that post office, its even funnier, when you have 2 packages, 1 dropped at the post office the other gets delivered by them on the same day...

the drivers think its so stupid.

to top it off my dang mail carrier doesnt deliver till 5-7 pm daily..gets hateful when something important comes in the mail that day and i cant deal with it right then because they are closed for the day by then

yeah that happens to me too...with Prime....

I have two shipments in Fed Ex limbo right now from Amazon. I have always used the same ship to address for years - DH's office. There are always at least three people there to sign. Well, last week, they moved to the office right next door, same parking lot, for meetings. The women in the office were great and left a huge note that had the address, phone number and an arrow. (They are having things delivered as well) Guess what? The driver left a notice that he attempted delivery right to the sign!!!! We have called Fed Ex several times. The response? Well, they are contractors. I said - Your point? Can they not read? Needless to say, Amazon isn't doing anything about it either. Now, there is a group of us that are no longer purchasing through Amazon and we are trying to make sure we no longer use Fed Ex. Fed Ex will not let us pick up either....