Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

313 replies to this topic

#301 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,101 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 7, 2011 - 4:08 pm

Just heard a commercial for The Room Store in AZ: Buy $1000 in furniture and get an HP Touchpad courtesy of Best Buy FREE! Looks like someone's holding back on us after all.

and I rushed over here thinking they were available:P

#302 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,563 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Oct 7, 2011 - 4:14 pm

and I rushed over here thinking they were available:P

They are. The AZ Room Store has 'em courtesy of Best Buy. Just gotta buy a grand worth of furniture is all :tongue1:.

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#303 logn84  OFFLINE  

logn84

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 14, 2011 - 1:29 pm

Sam's Club is auctioning off two 32 GB HP TouchPads in the next 8 hours: http://auctions.sams...-9-7-wi-fi.html

#304 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,563 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Oct 14, 2011 - 2:49 pm

Sam's Club is auctioning off two 32 GB HP TouchPads in the next 8 hours: http://auctions.sams...-9-7-wi-fi.html

Ugh! More people gettin' suckered into payin' more :no:. Why don't they just go to eBay and bid on one?

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#305 hack2222  OFFLINE  

hack2222

• 1,015 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 3, 2011 - 1:34 pm

http://www.tigerdire...vqy8PEmQM6aRKUQ

Posted Image

Friday, November 4th, at 2:30pm eastern time.
WHAT DO I GET?

- HP 32GB TouchPad
- Belkin 10.1" Tablet Case
- Belkin FlipBlade Tablet Stand
- Creative Labs D80 Bluetooth Speakers
- (Bonus: HP 16GB USB Flash Drive)

All for just $279.99.

#306 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,563 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 3, 2011 - 1:57 pm

Yet another chance to snag an HP Topuchpad. Get your mouse-clicking fingers ready at 2:30pm eastern time: Thread: HP 32 GB Touchpad Bundle $280 11/4 at 2:30 ET @ Tigerdirect.com

Just got the email myself a moment ago. $279.99 for the 32GB touchpad, case, bluetooth speakers, stand, and a 16GB flash drive. Mediocre deal, but still a chance to snag a touchpad.

#307 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,101 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 10:34 am

Now available through Tigerdirect.com as listed above.

#308 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,169 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 10:37 am

already sold out :(

#309 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,563 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 10:50 am

Not too surprised. If ya didn't have your index finger ready to click 'BUY' the moment they released 'em you're outta luck. Even if ya did it was probably a lucky shot to get in while their server was bombarded. Anyone lucky enough to land confirmation on one?

#310 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,101 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 10:55 am

I wasn't gonna spend that much. not sure if my brother tried from work.

#311 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,963 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 10:56 am

Not too surprised. If ya didn't have your index finger ready to click 'BUY' the moment they released 'em you're outta luck. Even if ya did it was probably a lucky shot to get in while their server was bombarded.

Anyone lucky enough to land confirmation on one?

I was going to try, but I already snagged two at $149 w/o any gimmicks. I couldn't think of anyone in the family that needed one. Oh, well. Did you get one Stationchief?
~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#312 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

• 4,563 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2011 - 10:59 am

I was going to try, but I already snagged two at $149 w/o any gimmicks. I couldn't think of anyone in the family that needed one. Oh, well. Did you get one Stationchief?

Nah. I gave up a while back. Way too much effort to snag one and I'm not willing to pay out the wazoo for it, either. I got myself a new laptop instead :D.

#313 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,975 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 4:38 am

Is this tablet worth it to get with the purchase of an HP laptop at BB. Looking at laptops and saw you can get this for $150. Is it a good alternative to say the KIndle Fire or the Nook Tablet, I would give it to DD for Xmas. Thanks

#314 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,963 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 11, 2011 - 5:29 am

Is this tablet worth it to get with the purchase of an HP laptop at BB. Looking at laptops and saw you can get this for $150. Is it a good alternative to say the KIndle Fire or the Nook Tablet, I would give it to DD for Xmas.

Thanks

I'm enjoying my TP. I'm not in it for a million games and such (though I do play Angry Birds on it ;)). I read the news, read books (on Kindle app), check the weather, and Skype. It has Adobe reader and I can read word documents too (I think I can edit them but haven't tried yet).I'm loving it for the price. I have a few pictures on it, but no music yet (I have my Zune for that). It does Facebook, YouTube, Photobucket and email (and more). There are plenty of apps for my needs; some are free and other you pay for. For $150, it's worth it (I would not have paid $599 for it; nor an iPad). The Kindle and Nook I can't comment much on. I know neither has much memory and I heard you can not do email on the Kindle. The main thing will be support for the TP; though HP has released to patches since it was cancelled, so that is good. if you are buying a laptop anyways; it's not a bad investment IMO.
~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users