*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/hp/touchpad_available.asp?&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=.7WaaTN6umc-Cs0fsFtvqy8PEmQM6aRKUQ

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/thumbnails/125140.jpg

Friday, November 4th, at 2:30pm eastern time.

WHAT DO I GET?

- HP 32GB TouchPad

- Belkin 10.1" Tablet Case

- Belkin FlipBlade Tablet Stand

- Creative Labs D80 Bluetooth Speakers

- (Bonus: HP 16GB USB Flash Drive)

All for just $279.99.

Yet another chance to snag an HP Topuchpad. Get your mouse-clicking fingers ready at 2:30pm eastern time: Thread: HP 32 GB Touchpad Bundle $280 11/4 at 2:30 ET @ Tigerdirect.com

Just got the email myself a moment ago. $279.99 for the 32GB touchpad, case, bluetooth speakers, stand, and a 16GB flash drive. Mediocre deal, but still a chance to snag a touchpad.

Not too surprised. If ya didn't have your index finger ready to click 'BUY' the moment they released 'em you're outta luck. Even if ya did it was probably a lucky shot to get in while their server was bombarded.

Anyone lucky enough to land confirmation on one?

I was going to try, but I already snagged two at $149 w/o any gimmicks. I couldn't think of anyone in the family that needed one. Oh, well. Did you get one Stationchief?

I was going to try, but I already snagged two at $149 w/o any gimmicks. I couldn't think of anyone in the family that needed one. Oh, well. Did you get one Stationchief?

Nah. I gave up a while back. Way too much effort to snag one and I'm not willing to pay out the wazoo for it, either. I got myself a new laptop instead :D.

Is this tablet worth it to get with the purchase of an HP laptop at BB. Looking at laptops and saw you can get this for $150. Is it a good alternative to say the KIndle Fire or the Nook Tablet, I would give it to DD for Xmas.

Thanks

I'm enjoying my TP. I'm not in it for a million games and such (though I do play Angry Birds on it ;)). I read the news, read books (on Kindle app), check the weather, and Skype. It has Adobe reader and I can read word documents too (I think I can edit them but haven't tried yet).I'm loving it for the price. I have a few pictures on it, but no music yet (I have my Zune for that). It does Facebook, YouTube, Photobucket and email (and more). There are plenty of apps for my needs; some are free and other you pay for. For $150, it's worth it (I would not have paid $599 for it; nor an iPad). The Kindle and Nook I can't comment much on. I know neither has much memory and I heard you can not do email on the Kindle. The main thing will be support for the TP; though HP has released to patches since it was cancelled, so that is good. if you are buying a laptop anyways; it's not a bad investment IMO.