*** Official HP Touchpad Price Drop Discussion & Deal Posting Thread ***

Brad

Let's use this one thread to discuss where these are in stock, reports about your previous orders shipping, and any other Touchpad discussion. I've merged the various other threads in here so we can keep everything together :)

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere on these forums but HP has dropped the price on their Touch Pads. The 16GB is $99 and the 32GB is $149. Their website is being slammed and you really cannot get through it right now. They are suppose

to have a place where you can sign up to let you know when they will be in stock. I know they were out of stock on the Home and Home Office site, but they did have some left in the Small Business site.. I put my order in (after hours of trying)

around 8pm but I have not gotten a confirmation on it yet. So I don't know if I even am getting them.. I did want to pass this along.. since I didn't see it posted here anywhere...

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/WW-USSMBPublicStore-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CategoryName=HP_TouchPad&CategoryDomainName=WW-USSMBPublicStore-Tablets&hiderightpanel=true

There is some rumor that Best Buy is going to be cutting their price down too.. other stores have done it already but are sold out as well. You can keep trying Best Buy, but as of now, they are not showing the reduction on their website...

HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB

Price: $149.99 shipping is $5.77

http://www.amazon.com/HP-FB356UT-QUALCOMM-Snapdragon-Wireless/dp/B0056UOUHS/ref=sr_1_1?m=A33Y0YQUZ2NYD5&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313965514&sr=1-1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21CNCTro2ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ships from and sold by onSale.

In Stock for right now ;)

FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB

Price: $99.99 shipping ia $5.80 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056UOUC8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A33Y0YQUZ2NYD5

Edited by elite2058

We got 2 yesterday at Best Buy. They had them out back and not even on display so people were not aware unless they asked. Very nice, great sound...has beats audio installed.

An andriod app developer is going to make apps for it. We got the 32 gbs but they had 16 and 32 available. DS wants fruit ninja but cannot find the app for this system...yet.

very pleased...even as an e reader or for wi fi it is a great deal jmho

btw they have glutted the ebay marketplace for 250+. We could have bought as many as we wanted but I do not beleive in hoarding things...I like to be fair and give others a chance:fluffy:

I posted this last night as well.. It is very very hard to get thru to this site. I ordered mine yesterday. I started "trying" about 3pm in the

afternoon, my order did not go through until around 8pm with all the "errors" that kept coming up and the constant refreshing of the pages I had to do. When it finally did go through, my order number popped up on the screen for about 30 seconds. I didn't have time to even write it down!! Have have yet to get an email confirmation as to the order being "confirmed", but I have checked my credit card statement online

and they are showing that HP did place pending charges on there almost as soon as they took my order :confused: I would

have thought by now, this morning, there would have been something confirming my order and there isn't. I am hoping that I

actually do have them, and will not be told, "sorry, we were out of stock" or something. I know that HP is having mega

problems with their site... so a word to everyone... if you are going to use their site, be patient, and expect the unexpected,

meaning, you may not know if you actually are going to get your order or not :mad: I don't want to place another with them, I have already ordered 6! Even though they are cheap in price, that would be a hefty double order!

Yes, 6... great Christmas gifts for my adult kids, my husband..and beside... I couldn't change the number in the cart! I originally tried to order only 3 (the kids). I had to refresh so many freaking times that when it did go take, it took with 6 :confused: I was not about to change anything and

lose the order :smart: I knew I would find a use for them.......;)

We got 2 yesterday at Best Buy. They had them out back and not even on display so people were not aware unless they asked. Very nice, great sound...has beats audio installed.

An andriod app developer is going to make apps for it. We got the 32 gbs but they had 16 and 32 available. DS wants fruit ninja but cannot find the app for this system...yet.

very pleased...even as an e reader or for wi fi it is a great deal jmho

btw they have glutted the ebay marketplace for 250+. We could have bought as many as we wanted but I do not beleive in hoarding things...I like to be fair and give others a chance:fluffy:

I would not purchase them on E-bay for $250... I was only doing it because of the drop in price.. wasn't actually out looking for one. I won't purchase from places like that when they sell them for more than what I can get it elsewhere. E-bay is suppose to be for a deal ;) then you have to add in your shipping.. that isn't a deal to me. And I agree, I like to be fair too :)

They're sold out already =(

I think il go see if they're in store also....

I bought two this afternoon from HP when the threads were telling everyone that HP had sold out. The key to getting them was to log onto HP website and get into their "small & medium business" buying page. They had the 32g listed for $149.00 and they were still in stock. My husband has a very small business so I was able to purchase 2 of them. I do not know if the business name was required for my purchase, but, I entered a name and wala....purchase went through like clockwork.

I bought two this afternoon from HP when the threads were telling everyone that HP had sold out. The key to getting them was to log onto HP website and get into their "small & medium business" buying page. They had the 32g listed for $149.00 and they were still in stock. My husband has a very small business so I was able to purchase 2 of them. I do not know if the business name was required for my purchase, but, I entered a name and wala....purchase went through like clockwork.

I have been trying and trying since 10am to buy the tablet. It is in my cart, but it won't let me checkout. i have refreshed about 1000 times. It is so frustrating!

amickeyfan - that's how I ended up ordering 3...kept refreshing the page and clicking "add to cart". By the time I was able to get to "check out" I wasn't about to risk losing all. The only thing I am concerned about is that I did not enter the business name...I did receive the "Order Confirmation" number and note stating that it would be shipped on Monday but nothing has been directly sent to my email address. Have to just wait and see. My brother will burst if I'm able to get this for him.

I posted on the Forum today that you could get them at HP by going to the "small and medium business tab at HP. I ordered two earlier today and they (32g)were only available at the S&M business tab for the $149.00. I think everyone was trying to buy one through the front page of HP and it kept saying "sold out". Had no problem placing my order at the HP small and medium business tab and gettting a confirmation. Will ship on 8/23.

Did you go through the "small & medium business" tab at HP? I do not know if you have to list a business name, but, my guess is you do not.

Just looked at the HP S&MB site, they are now Sold Out too. Sorry I couldn't help.

Does anyone know when Office Max might lower the price online? I checked today and they had not lowered it on line. OM Sold out of the at the Brick & Mortar stores. Perhaps you can buy one on line at OM and get the price reduction soon.

Also, they were still full price at Amazon, perhaps they will drop the price.

HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB

Price: $149.99 shipping is $5.77.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-FB356UT-QUALCOMM-Snapdragon-Wireless/dp/B0056UOUHS/ref=sr_1_1?m=A33Y0YQUZ2NYD5&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313964790&sr=1-1

Will update original post so you can purchase at another site available.

Edited by elite2058

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I came late to the game on this one and browsed/called everywhere I could think to contact. Your link saved the day. Got one for myself and one for my DH. Happy, happy girl!!! :D

you do not have to have a

business to use that.. I don't have a business and I was able to order through there and many others I know have as well...

Update on my order.. I did get my confirmation email earlier this afternoon. I also have been able to get onto the site to

check my status. :D States that my expected date of arrival should be 8/30!!!

I happened to find another shopping cart of mine, how I don't know, but it came up showing that I had some in my cart (this was after my order was placed and confirmed). I sent that link to my friend and she was actually able to use it. She ordered

from it.. today! She had no problems what so ever trying to get thru either.. this was after the "sold out" was up on their website. Now I don't know if she was able to do it, because it was in a cart, I don't know... but she was able to do it.. I sent the same link to my sister.. and she could not use it. The cart was empty.. so she did get my "cart" :confused: and used it.. if al of this makes any sense...:fluffy: