Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?

my2kidsmom

Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?

• Wrapped
    • Unwrapped
    • Some of both

I wrap everything, big or small, even the stocking stuffers, even the chap stick tubes in the stockings. Everything is from Santa even though no one believes in Santa anymore. I really hate wrapping but I figure once a year won't kill me.

Our tree is empty until everyone goes to bed and then out come the presents. I just think it's more fun that way.

I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and all of our gifts were wrapped growing up, unless they were too big to wrap.

I've continued with the tradition with my kids. Nothing in the stocking is wrapped, and any big gifts (this year a train table for DD4 and the little Honda ATV for DS1 cuz DH is a honda guy) aren't wrapped. Santa gets his own paper though. In previous years it's always been something cutesy and girly, and Santa was always kind enough to leave the leftover for mommy to use the next year. This year, DD4's will be girly and cutesy, but DS1 will be gender neutral paper because I didn't think to pick up any boy paper last year after Christmas (I was under the impression that the 20+ rolls I have would be enough..not thinking that it was almost all girly!)

Now, usually there's only one or two gifts for each that aren't from Santa. We've asked family to not send Christmas gifts because we want to use christmas as a time where are kids GIVE gifts to people they love rather than them thinking about the gifts they will recieve. The few family members that still do send gifts know that we hold everything until their birthday. And some send us giftcards because they budget for two gift giving periods a year and don't want to accidently forget two of the grandkids at Christmas time...so they know we use it to buy extra birthday stuff for the kids or to buy new clothes when it's needed.

I grew up in Michigan, everything was wrapped from Santa or Mom & Dad. I never heard of unwrapped presents either! So of course I wrap everything still.

Our tree is empty until everyone goes to bed and then out come the presents. I just think it's more fun that way.

That's the way it is at our house too. I agree it is more fun, also presents under the treee ahead of time is too much temptation. I remember my friends telling me stories when I was growing up of them unwrapping all the presents when my and dad were away and then wrapping them back up again. So ours are carefully hidden away at relatives, friends and neighbors or small items in places where they can't be found.

Well...we only have the "big" gift from Santa along with the stockings...so he doesn't wrap..since usually its a large gift that would use a crazy amount of paper...this year my 2 year is getting an Art Desk from Santa.

All other gifts are from Mommy and Daddy and they are wrapped.