Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?

my2kidsmom

Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?

• Wrapped
    • Unwrapped
    • Some of both

Santa wraps all the actual gifts he leaves (Santa stuffs stockings here, he doesn't leave anything under the tree- but he tends to go overboard and so there is a pile of gifts below each stocking), but I said some of both because he doesn't wrap the little things he likes to throw in, like candies, bouncy balls, plastic bugs, etc.

It depends on the gifts and the size of it; if it's a bike or something then they do't get wrapped. All 3 kids are getting flat screens for their rooms this year; I don't wanna wrap those boxes :)...DS2 is getting the Home Depot Power Tools Workshop so we'll assemble that Christmas Eve.

Ours are always unwrapped.

However, this year, DD6 asked Santa for an AG doll. I saved some money during the purchase and decided to have it gift wrapped. In our house, we have an understanding that Santa works with certain toy companies. ;)

DS4's gift will be unwrapped.

Santa leaves stuff wraped. Big things are in gift bags or with bows on them. When i was growning up Santa never wrapped and it was one big wow and that was it. Now i get to see lots of wows. It does always seem to happen the most important gift is on the bottem though. He also uses his own special paper. Usually each childs is wrapped in different paper with a piece tucked in the top of there stocking so they will know which gifts are theres.I so love Santa.

Santa leaves stuff wraped. Big things are in gift bags or with bows on them. When i was growning up Santa never wrapped and it was one big wow and that was it. Now i get to see lots of wows. It does always seem to happen the most important gift is on the bottem though. He also uses his own special paper. Usually each childs is wrapped in different paper with a piece tucked in the top of there stocking so they will know which gifts are theres.I so love Santa.

Wow -that piece of paper in the stocking is such a cool idea!

Santa gets his own paper here--usually with Santas on the paper :D

Not wrapped. Everything is unwrapped, out of the package, and ready to play with. He is so much more clever than I am. Santa untangles barbies from thier boxes before the kids get them so they can play with them right away. Or maybe they came straight from the workshop and were never in a box? The kids get to play with the gifts that Santa leaves first thing in the morning. Then, after breakfast, they get to open family gifts. It works out good for us - they get something right away and I get to see them open their gifts and hear all the "WOW!"s.

<---- wrapping skills are awful. I mean seriously bad. I can't measure the amount the paper I need, I use too much tape...etc

I used to enjoy the gift wrappers at the mall (Girl scouts, boy scouts, high school cheerleaders, ...etc) and would gladly donate $$$ for them to save me the stress and hassle of wrapping gifts. But sadly I don't see many these days.

I wonder how this is for everyone else. I wonder if there is any "norm" based on geographic region. Here in the South, our gifts from Santa are unwrapped.

Jeff's parents always did unwrapped and my parents did both depending on the size of the gift.... We did unwrapped when they were small but now we wrap all of it unless it is a bike or something huge...

I do both, and this year I have "Santa Bags" from Lands End for some extra special suprises for the 2 boys still at home(One of my new things this year). None of our presents are under the tree until that night( 2 older kids snooped something awful). The tree is filled with "To go" gifts that need to be delivered so it is not empty until they are all delevered! Through out the years I have had to do both due to having cars from Santa and basketball hoops, gas scooters , etc. I do come from a family that opened all gifts on Christmas eve and that was really weird!!LOL!

Half and half, really. If its something big, like last year's table and chair set, then it's unwrapped. If it's something small then it is wrapped. Santa has his very own paper, name tags, and signature (The calligraphy lessons in high school came in handy after all.). I will purposely go out of my way to go to a different store that my children have not set in foot in in an effort to find wrapping paper they've not seen to use as Santa paper. Santa paper is usually sparkly or metallic and simple.. either a solid color or really pretty snowflakes with gorgeous matching ribbon. Santa gifts are also perfectly wrapped, where as Mom's wrapping job is a bit clumsier ;) I really make an effort to differentiate and make Santa gifts seem more magical.

I always have the big gift like the bikes and my dd1 is getting a buggy thing to ride it and ds is going to have a john cena chair out but usually its only 1 thing that isn't wrapped and the rest are. 2 years ago I found chirstmas tags that said from santa on them they were so neat and now I can't find them anymore :( Does anyone know where they sell them? and then each child has different paper that their gifts are wrapped in and they know what ones is theirs then. Then the gifts from dh and I are in sugar cookie wrapping paper that I found that I think is so cute!

One gift unwrapped, the rest are wrapped. I'll never forget the first Christmas with my Stepkids. They got up in the middle of the night, got their unwrapped toys and took them into their room to play with them.:eek: I got up, saw the toys were missing and went to the room (it was 4 AM at this time). I told them their dad would be awefully disappointed to not see their excited faces in the morning, so they put the toys back and then went back to bed.:rolleyes:

They was great acting skill the next morning exhibited by both of them and DH has never known the truth! (now they wait, but they are 16 and 19)

What??? People put things under the tree unwrapped?? I don't understand this, I have never even heard of this. I live in such a sheltered world,lol. I am just amazed! Even every movie I have ever seen the kids are ripping the presents open. And what is Santa paper? I buy wrapping paper and hide it from my kids and use separate paper for gifts we buy for people. I also never buy any mom/dad gifts....they are all from Santa.

BTW, it would never matter how big the gift was, I would wrap a car if that is what I bought one of my kids,lmao.

What??? People put things under the tree unwrapped?? I don't understand this, I have never even heard of this. I live in such a sheltered world,lol. I am just amazed! Even every movie I have ever seen the kids are ripping the presents open. And what is Santa paper? I buy wrapping paper and hide it from my kids and use separate paper for gifts we buy for people. I also never buy any mom/dad gifts....they are all from Santa.

BTW, it would never matter how big the gift was, I would wrap a car if that is what I bought one of my kids,lmao.

LOL...we wrap the gifts from us to our children and other family members (grandparents, nephews, nieces, etc.) and put them under the tree during the weeks and days leading up to Christmas. On Christmas Eve...some time in the middle of the night, Santa comes and leaves each person (on the nice list) a little pile of presents that are unwrapped. We figure he's too tired to wrap our presents after all those deliveries. :D On Christmas morning, we get up and see what Santa left in our pile and then open our presents to and from each other. Then, we see what Santa left us in our stockings and have a big breakfast.

It all depends. At our house Santa leaves 1 gift (usually the most wanted, gotta-have, please please please gift), and fills the stockings. I have a baby boy that will be 7 1/2 months at Christmas. Santa is giving him the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Farm. It will be all set up and ready for him when he wakes up, and none of the items in his stocking will be wrapped. His gifts from mom and dad under the tree will be wrapped though. (mainly because my 5 other kids insisted on wrapping his presents, and I'm sure they'll be right there to help him unwrap ;) ) For my two year old, his gift from Santa will be wrapped, but only half the items in his stocking will be wrapped so he doesn't get overwhelmed/bored. All of his gifts under the tree will be wrapped, one of which is a new trike. (it's all set up too, so it's going to be lumpy and ugly, but so worth the look on his face when he opens it and the fact that he'll be able to get right on) For my 8, 7, 6, and 3 year old, everything is wrapped. Santa wraps in his own paper too. Whenever possible, I open up packages and remove twist ties, put on decals, add batteries, etc..... That way they open it up, it still looks packaged, but it's all ready to be played with.

Santa only leaves 1 gift per child here - but we celebrate Christmas at my FIL house, as our house is Jewish... Therefore his wrapping paper has to be different, or there would be no magic in it.

I learned from a friend of mine not to put everything from Santa, when her kids got older (6 or 7)they wanted to know why she could afford to buy all these cool gifts for their cousins and never bought anything for them! LOL Besides I want a little credit too! It's probably about even with what mom and dad do compared to what Santa brings here!

Santa brings the hard to find gifts here or the must haves or the really neat things that the kids didn't even know they wanted LOL. Most everything is wrapped in paper that only Santa uses. Each child's gifts are wrapped in their own special paper from Santa and they know what paper is theirs because there are always a bunch of little things in their stocking wrapped in that paper! Usually 1 'big' gift is unwrapped and sitting out all ready to be played with. Always has a bow and a tag on it too!

We don't have unwrapped gifts either, no matter how big. There isn't any fun to it. Santa wraps all his presents with his own paper, then leaves me the paper to use for the next years. :)

Great idea. I always throw the paper out or give it to neighbors. Never thought of him leaving it. Thanks!!