Bakugan Booster Pack $1.99 @ Amazon

angelic680

No problem!

I know a lot of people realize that the deals are for a limited period of time, but I wasn't sure if it was "common knowledge" about many deals not being for a set time, but for a set number of items sold. Which is why some hot items have a price decrease for a very short period of time, but other not so hot items can have the price drop for days before going back up. (A good example of this was the Mega Bloks Castle that dropped to $19.99 and took a few days to go back up.)

I also read a long time back that Amazon's price jumps and decreases are, at least sometimes, due to lots of people having the item in their cart or saved for later. Amazon will "see" that a lot of people are considering the item, so they'll drop it a couple of dollars to try to get people to buy it. If enough people don't buy it at the decreased price, they jack it up sky high for awhile, then put it back down (often not to the lowest price again) to get people panicking that it is going back up in price.

A good example of this is the Scribblenaut DS game. It was around $20 for awhile, then it went to $18.XX a day or 2 ago, then today it went up to $27.XX, and within a couple of hours it went back down to $20.XX. I was watching it at $18.xx, hoping it would go lower, then it jumped up, and now I'm considering paying the $20.xx for it so it doesn't go back to $27.xx, even though I hadn't jumped on it at $18 cause I was hoping it would go lower. So apparently this strategy works! :)

No problem!

I know a lot of people realize that the deals are for a limited period of time, but I wasn't sure if it was "common knowledge" about many deals not being for a set time, but for a set number of items sold. Which is why some hot items have a price decrease for a very short period of time, but other not so hot items can have the price drop for days before going back up. (A good example of this was the Mega Bloks Castle that dropped to $19.99 and took a few days to go back up.)

I also read a long time back that Amazon's price jumps and decreases are, at least sometimes, due to lots of people having the item in their cart or saved for later. Amazon will "see" that a lot of people are considering the item, so they'll drop it a couple of dollars to try to get people to buy it. If enough people don't buy it at the decreased price, they jack it up sky high for awhile, then put it back down (often not to the lowest price again) to get people panicking that it is going back up in price.

A good example of this is the Scribblenaut DS game. It was around $20 for awhile, then it went to $18.XX a day or 2 ago, then today it went up to $27.XX, and within a couple of hours it went back down to $20.XX. I was watching it at $18.xx, hoping it would go lower, then it jumped up, and now I'm considering paying the $20.xx for it so it doesn't go back to $27.xx, even though I hadn't jumped on it at $18 cause I was hoping it would go lower. So apparently this strategy works! :)

OT, but FYI the Scribblenauts game is $19.99 at Target this week, and part of the 2 for $40 at TRU if you are looking at any brick & mortar stores.

OT, but FYI the Scribblenauts game is $19.99 at Target this week, and part of the 2 for $40 at TRU if you are looking at any brick & mortar stores.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere and only have a (non-Super) Walmart (checked today- priced $29.XX) and a crusty old Kmart. The nearest Target and TRU are over an hour away, so my WM will not price match them. :( This is why I love Amazon. :)

ETA: The darn thing went back up to $27.99! Next time it drops below $21, I'm just going to buy it. Its not worth saving a few bucks to spend my day stalking a video game.

Thank you so much! I have 4 kids and they all love them. I ordered 3 the first round and they came today....great selection...each one was different. I ordered one at 4.99, and then just got 3 more. They won't let me get more than 3, so I guess I'll get another one when the price goes back up again...still cheaper than the stores!

COOL! They are still back down to $1.99 each and I was able to buy 3 more today, so I got 6 like I originally wanted!

I got my first 3 in today... for some reason they shipped 2 FedEx and 1 UPS. But anyway, I haven't looked at them yet so I have no idea what they are, but my DSs are wanting these from Santa, so I'm happy! Hopefully we didn't get girl warriors, too- LOL, Sassy!

Off to look at the rack that jleigh posted about!

ETA: What I decided to do is buy one of the $4.99 Bakugan boxes and they can store them in there. $3 less than buying a rack and they'll get a little figure... they probably won't care anything about the figure, but I still saved $3. Yeah, I'm that cheap. ;)

Edited by tn20

WooHoo, just ordered 3 at the $1.99. I went to order some the other day but were back to $3.99 so I let them go. Wish I knew which boy would want which one when they arrive, but they are stocking stuffers, so just luck of the draw. Hope they are either all the same or all different!

I got my three yesterday. They were all different and very cute. I'm giving two of them to the two boys who ride the bus van with DD and one to DS. I have little High School Musical purses that I picked up at Walmart on clearance for $1 each recently for the two little girls who ride the school van with DD. Then I'm going to add goody bags with them. It is so hard to find inexpensive but cute little boy toys. I am thrilled with these!

So what happens if they are all the same? Can we call them and let them know we got 3 or 2 of the same and see if they will give us other ones? I haven't gotten mine yet but am hoping to not get the same ones!

:no: Nope, unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about it because it is listed that the Bakugan may vary. I guess its the price you pay for getting them so cheap.

I went and opened the 3 that I have received so far (I was able to buy 3 more last night at the $1.99 price), and I have some dragon looking thing, some scorpion/spider looking thing, and... the girl warrior! LOL! I'll just tell my boys that its an elf... one of my DSs watched LOTR and asked why the girl with white hair sounded like a boy. ;)