DSI Bundle pre order on Amazon

xslicricx

I am pretty sure I got the white one for my daughter .. I did the pre-order on Wednesday, and my email said it "should" ship today. I'll feel much better when I get the email stating it has actually shipped.

As far as games ... will all ds games work in the dsi ? If not, how do you distinguish the difference ? (This might have been posted elsewhere, if so I apologize in advance).

Kupon, almost all DS games should work fine with the DSi (currently in transit, I went for free shipping), so that's really not an issue.

My White should be getting here on the 4th. I got bit by the 1 limit thing and was a bit concerned since I needed 2 (the blue was sold out by then). I ended up going to Target and in the end it was actually a better deal as I was able to pick up another White for $169 with a $20 gift card and then another $10 gift card since I was spending > $100, so in the end it was a tad bit cheaper at Target even factoring in the tax. Plus there was no line at all (I got there around 10am) and there was a pile of them (blue and white). Either way I'm just happy I got the two with minimal hassle (needed to go to Target anyway), now just have to get ready to lay down the law with regards to how much time is spent playing the things :)

Kupon, almost all DS games should work fine with the DSi (currently in transit, I went for free shipping), so that's really not an issue.

My White should be getting here on the 4th. I got bit by the 1 limit thing and was a bit concerned since I needed 2 (the blue was sold out by then). I ended up going to Target and in the end it was actually a better deal as I was able to pick up another White for $169 with a $20 gift card and then another $10 gift card since I was spending > $100, so in the end it was a tad bit cheaper at Target even factoring in the tax. Plus there was no line at all (I got there around 10am) and there was a pile of them (blue and white). Either way I'm just happy I got the two with minimal hassle (needed to go to Target anyway), now just have to get ready to lay down the law with regards to how much time is spent playing the things :)

Thanks Wrangler. The reason I asked was that my husband swears he was looking at some DS games the other day at Walmart and one or two of them said they were not compatable with the DSi. I just didn't want to buy the wrong games online.

I am trying to get logged into my email this morning, but seem to be having some issues. Hopefully I'll have confirmation email.

Thanks Wrangler. The reason I asked was that my husband swears he was looking at some DS games the other day at Walmart and one or two of them said they were not compatable with the DSi. I just didn't want to buy the wrong games online.

I am trying to get logged into my email this morning, but seem to be having some issues. Hopefully I'll have confirmation email.

Ones that might not be compatible are gameboy games and the ds games that use the gameboy slot. The new DSi does not have that gameboy slot. I know that Guitar Hero and Band Hero for the DS use the gameboy slot and therefore cannot be used with the DSi. I am not aware of any others, but there may be others.

Ones that might not be compatible are gameboy games and the ds games that use the gameboy slot. The new DSi does not have that gameboy slot. I know that Guitar Hero and Band Hero for the DS use the gameboy slot and therefore cannot be used with the DSi. I am not aware of any others, but there may be others.

Ok, let me be dumb here ... how do I know if they game uses the gameboy slot ? Will each game specify something about it on the box ? Sorry, I am clueless here ... any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok, let me be dumb here ... how do I know if they game uses the gameboy slot ? Will each game specify something about it on the box ? Sorry, I am clueless here ... any help is greatly appreciated.

Very few DS games need the gameboy slot. In fact I can't think of any besides Guitar Hero and Band Hero that have things that plug into the GB slot. Those two have a small guitar thing and drum thing that need the slot. And I would think it would say on the box that it wasn't compatible with DSi or something like that. Gameboy games themselves are older, larger games but are marked as "Gameboy".

I will ask my son (the DS/DSi expert LOL) if he knows of any others that need the slot and post here if there are more he knows about.

Very few DS games need the gameboy slot. In fact I can't think of any besides Guitar Hero and Band Hero that have things that plug into the GB slot. Those two have a small guitar thing and drum thing that need the slot. And I would think it would say on the box that it wasn't compatible with DSi or something like that. Gameboy games themselves are older, larger games but are marked as "Gameboy".

I will ask my son (the DS/DSi expert LOL) if he knows of any others that need the slot and post here if there are more he knows about.

All the new games that are out now are for the DS (they are called Nintendo DS games) Gameboy games are usually purchased used or if you had the system previously that is where you have them from. That is not to say you can't buy new games for the Gameboy/Gameboy Advance but it clearly states on the box that they are Gameboy games. If you get a DSi they cannot work on it but they do work on the DS Lite system.

I received my nintendo dsi today! that was fast. I have to say I live in Hawaii and most websites try to charge a lot for shipping! amazon is the only one that offers free shipping and they are usually fast. And as a plus a lot cheaper than walmart and target!