Holiday Recipes

wnc_mom

Blasphemy! You are making fake Buckeyes :no: I believe it is because you are doing it the wrong way you get bad results, you must concede to the Buckeye! :D

Well, the whole thing is that I never even knew what a buckeye was until I started searching for a peanut butter ball recipe last year.

Then they looked so darn good.

I did actually make some that weren't covered all the way...they still tasted WAAAAAAAAYYY too sweet.

Isn't there a difference between a buckeye candy and a peanut butter ball?? ;)

I'm starting to gather recipes to make goodies for the holiday season that are able to be mailed.

So far, we're making:

• Mint Chocolate Pretzel Bark
  • Chocolate Lollipops
  • (possibly chocolate covered pretzels)

I'd really like to include some peanut butter balls. Last year, the recipe I used was just awful. Too dry and too sweet (it called for a crazy amount of powdered sugar).

Does anyone have a really good one that doesn't have to be refridgeratred (except to harden the chocolate briefly)?

What about the turtle pretzels, so easy to make and yummy. I got the recipe 2 years ago here, will have to go dig it out.

Pretzel Turtles

24 small pretzels (traditional bow shaped)

24 Rolo candies

24 pecan or walnut halves

Preheat oven to 300 F

arrange pretzels on parchment paper lined cookie sheet

place 1 rolo on top of pretzel

bake for 4 minutes, while rolo is warm press nut on top of each candy.

Let cool completly, cover in a air tight container

What about the turtle pretzels, so easy to make and yummy. I got the recipe 2 years ago here, will have to go dig it out.

Pretzel Turtles

24 Rolo candies

Preheat oven to 300 F

Those sound really good and super easy! I'm gonna try those,Thanks!

Pretzel Turtles

24 Rolo candies

Preheat oven to 300 F

Those DO sound yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

We started our holiday baking lastnight (we usually bake or make something atleast 5 nights out of the week up until new years good way to keep my kids outta trouble) lol so here is what we made

The Fakers Fruitcake kids love this, even if they dont like real fruitcake

1 box of cake mix ( we use the betty crocker butter recipe mix) prepare per directions on box

1 cup chopped pecans

1/2 cup chunk pineapple

1/2 cup cherries (pitted and sliced, or just use the ones out of the jar)

1/2 cup apple (peeled and cut into chunks)

1/2 stick butter (melted)

1/2 cup brown sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350 (or whatever the box directions call for).

Pour the melted butter into a 13x9 baking dish and spread it around evenly until the bottom of the pan is covered. DO NOT wipe out or drain off excess butter. Next sprinkle brown sugar into pan over the melted butter. You do not have to cover the bottom of the pan completly just try to sprinkle brown sugar evenly. Next place all of the fruit and pecans into the pan. Spread it out or the length of the pan. It will not cover it completly there will be spacing.

Next pour cake batter into pan over the fruit. Do not stir. (really your just layerinig it). Now bake as directed on box.

When you remmove the cake from the oven let it rest/stand for about 15 mins, to give the glaze (sugar & fruit juice) time to set.

Now you can cut the cake into squares and use a spatula to take the pieces out and flip them over onto a plate (ala pineapple upside down cake) serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!!

We make peanutbutter ball/buckeyes every year. I no longer have a recipe though.

We mix: peanutbutter, softened butter stick, and powdered sugar together to make a semi-stiff batter and roll them into balls. Then we dip them in the chocolate almond bark. Let them sit for a while to harden.

Very easy and everyone loves them.

I know its a lil early to talk recipes but with thanksgiving just around the corner what are some of your fav recipes? im looking for good & easy christmas breakfast ideas last yr we switched up from money bread to a casserole but it was too much for that early and it too a while to cook! any ideas?

I do a casserole that you get it all together the night before and let it sit in the frig overnight and then you just put it in the oven when you get up. It has bread on the bottom and then hash browns & sausauge and you pour eggs over the top and they soak into the bread overnight. Yummy!

someone on here included in the christmas cards last year a reciped for no bake chocolate truffles i cant find my recipe and I want to make them for a party this friday.... HELP

Do you mean the Oreo balls? You crumble the oreo cookies, add in cream cheese then dip in chocolate? If so here's the recipe.

Oreo Chocolate Balls

Ingredients

1 package regular size Oreo cookies, crushed

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1 package white almond bark

1 package chocolate almond bark

Directions

1 Using a blender or hand held mixer, mix Oreos and cream cheese together.

2 Roll into walnut size balls.

3 Chill for an hour.

4 Melt approximately 3/4 package of white almond bark.

5 Stick a toothpick in an Oreo ball and dip it in the melted white almond bark.

6 Allow to harden on wax paper.

7 Takes about 15 min.

8 While waiting, melt about 1/4 package of chocolate almond bark.

9 When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate and white almond bark.

10 I just use a sandwich bag with a tiny hole cut in one corner to drizzle the almond bark.

I make them using chocolate chips instead of the almond bark. You can also try the mint oreos or the candy cane ones, supposed to be really good.

Lastnights baking treat. Alot of the things I post will be easy or premix, I do do alot of baking from scratch but these things I post for the most part are things I do with the kids and its easier to use cakes mixes and icings.

"Nightmare Before Xmas"

You will need 2(two) 13x9 pans for this

1 Box of white cake mix (prepare it per directions on the box)

1 jar of cream cheese or vanilla frosting

a couple drops of red food coloring

a couple drops of orange food coloring

a couple drops of black food coloring

green sprinkles (colored suagr)

10 gummi worms cut in half

crushed oreos

Preheat oven per directions.

Prepare cake mix as directed. Once you have mixed the batter, pour half the batter into a 13x9 rectangular pan. (I dont grease or flour my pans I just cut a pan sized peice of parcment paper and put in the bottom of the pans and the cake never sticks. )

Next put a few drops of orange food coloring into the bowl with the second half of the cake mix. Once you have blended the coloring to your liking pour the batter into the second 13x9 pan.

Bake cakes as directed and let cool then remove from pans.

decorating! the most imporant part!!!

the white cake is the bottom layer.

Seperate the jar or frosting into 2 sections. In one half color it with the red food coloring. The other half blend in the black food coloring.

Frost the top only(not sides) of the white cake with the red colored frosting and then sprinkle with the green sugar sprinkles.

Next layer the orange cake on top of it. Frost the top only (not sides) of the orange cake with the black frosting. Spread crushed oreos over the top to make it look like dirt/soil. Next stick gummi worms down into the oreos/frosting.

Whala! Nightmare before Xmas. You dont frost the sides of the cake because of the layering visual!

Those sound really good and super easy! I'm gonna try those,Thanks!

they are great. I make these every year. Just make sure you only put them in the oven for FOUR minutes, the rollo's won't be completely melted. you haft to push them down with your finger. they are yum-yum!!!

I do a casserole that you get it all together the night before and let it sit in the frig overnight and then you just put it in the oven when you get up. It has bread on the bottom and then hash browns & sausauge and you pour eggs over the top and they soak into the bread overnight. Yummy!

that sounds so nice for christmas morning or even christmas brunch. Last time I tried to do a recipie like that it was super mushy!! do you mind posting the recipie when you get the time. Ty!!:cheesy:

OK, so I had to try the Pretzel Turtles and they were so good! I used the small waffle pretzels and they worked great. Even DH liked them and he's not too big on sweets! Then I did spiders for the kids and they loved them! I took a few pics for you all to see! I'm not crafty at all so don't be laughing at my spiders lol!

Mmmmmm.....so good

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/harrispizza4/misc2009033.jpg

Spiders!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/harrispizza4/misc2009035.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/harrispizza4/misc2009034.jpg

Italian christmas cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups sugar

3 eggs

1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

FROSTING:

1/4 cup butter, softened

3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 to 4 tablespoons milk

Colored sprinkles

Directions

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in ricotta and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.

In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies and immediately decorate with sprinkles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.

since we don't do meat Christmas eve here is one that every one loved

Ingredients

1/3 cup finely chopped onion

1/4 cup butter, cubed

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup milk

1 cup half-and-half cream

2 cups cooked long grain rice

1 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp

1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed

1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon chopped pimientos

1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Directions

In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, shrimp, crab, water chestnuts, lemon juice, pimientos, parsley and 1/2 cup cheese.

Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.

Edited by Illinoismom

candy cane cookies

Ingredients

1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

1/2 teaspoon red food coloring

Directions

In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until smooth. Divide dough in half; mix food coloring into one portion.

Shape 1 teaspoon of white dough into a 6-in. rope. Shape 1 teaspoon of red dough into a 6-in. rope. Place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist.

Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve top of cookie to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 in. apart on baking sheets.

Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.

bread pudding

Ingredients

12 slices cinnamon bread, crusts removed

3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

2 cups half-and-half cream

1 cup milk

4 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

Cut bread in half diagonally. Arrange half of the slices in a single layer, overlapping if necessary, in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with half of the chocolate; top with remaining bread.

In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream and milk; microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until hot but not boiling.

In a small bowl, beat eggs; add sugar. Add a small amount of cream mixture; mix well. Return all to the larger bowl; stir in vanilla. Pour over bread; drizzle with the remaining chocolate.

Cover and microwave at 50% power for 9-11 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, rotating a half-turn one (mixture will be puff up during cooking). Uncover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.

mincemeat cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

1-1/2 cups sugar

3 eggs

3-1/4 cups prepared mincemeat

3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup chopped pecans

FROSTING:

1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar

3/4 cup butter, cubed

1 cup confectioners' sugar

6 tablespoons half-and-half cream

1 teaspoon rum extract

9 dozen pecan halves

Directions

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs. Add mincemeat; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.

For the frosting, combine the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 6-8 minutes, stirring twice, or until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the confectioners' sugar, cream and extract; beat until smooth. Frost the cookies; top each with a pecan half. Yield: 9 dozen

Festive Mint Cream Dessert Recipe

Ingredients

3/4 cup butter, divided

1 package (16 ounces) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed

8 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened

1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

X Featured sponsor

Bake Some Love with Nestlé®

Nothing says “I love you” like fresh baked Nestlé® Toll House® chocolate chip cookies. Who would you bake some love for?

Visit tollhouse.com to be inspired by real baking stories, recipes, tips and more!

3/4 cup evaporated milk

1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Chocolate syrup and red and green sprinkles, optional

Directions

In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm.

In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm.

Spread whipped topping over ice cream (dish will be full). Cover and freeze for until firm or overnight.

Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles. Yield: 24 servings.

Cinnamon Candy Popcorn Recipe

Ingredients

8 quarts popped popcorn

1 cup butter, cubed

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1 package (9 ounces) red-hot candies

Directions

Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, corn syrup and candies; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.

Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break apart; store in airtight containers. Yield: 8 quarts.

Candy Strawberries Recipe

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/exps4684_CT0720C41.jpg

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts

1-1/2 cups shredded coconut

3 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup water

6 to 8 drops green food coloring

3/4 cup slivered almonds

1/3 cup each red and green decorator's sugar

Directions

In a bowl, combine walnuts, coconut and gelatin. Stir in milk and vanilla; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, combine water and green food coloring; add almonds. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until almonds are deep green. Drain and let dry on paper towels. Using rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, form into strawberry shapes. Roll sides in red sugar; dip top end into green sugar. Insert an almond in the top for a stem. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Yield: about 9 dozen.

Edited by Illinoismom

Reindeer cookies

Ingredients

1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix

1/3 cup canola oil

1 egg

60 miniature pretzels

60 semisweet chocolate chips

30 red-hot candies

Directions

In a large bowl, beat the cookie mix, oil and egg until well combined. Shape into a 7-1/2-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices.

Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using thumb and forefinger, make a slight indentation one-third of the way down the sides of each slice. Press in pretzels for antlers, chocolate chips for eyes and a red-hot for the nose.

Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.

pecan sandies

Ingredients

2 cups butter, softened

2 tablespoons water

4 teaspoons vanilla extract

4 cups all-purpose flour

2 cups chopped pecans

Additional confectioners' sugar

Directions

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with fingers. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.

Pumpkin Lasagna

Ingredients

1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms

1 small onion, chopped

1/2 teaspoon salt, divided

2 teaspoons olive oil

1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin

1/2 cup half-and-half cream

1 teaspoon dried sage leaves

Dash pepper

9 no-cook lasagna noodles

1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream, sage, pepper and remaining salt.

Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles (noodles will overlap slightly). Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.

Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.

Edited by Illinoismom

We actually got this one from the thread we had last year where we asked for contest ideas. Someone suggested cookie recipes, but I expanded it to include any kind of dessert :)

That's what I figured. Have a contest and at the same time maybe everyone can find something new to try to make this year :D

Baking and cooking is my fav pasttime and I will post lots of them, even though only one will count. And If I don't win I will just whine and enter another contest LOLOLOLOLOL

Eggnog cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups sugar

1 cup eggnog

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 egg white, lightly beaten

Colored sugar

Directions

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with colored sugar.

Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 16 dozen.

Family fav

Cinnamon sugar cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup sugar

1 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 cup finely chopped pecans, optional

Colored sugar, optional

Directions

In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Stir in the pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours or until easy to handle.

Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on greased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.

Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Yield: about 8 dozen.

Peanutbutter cookies

Ingredients

1 egg, beaten

1 cup sugar

1 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Scoop level tablespoonfuls and roll into balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for about 18 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 dozen cookies.

Crackle cookies

Ingredients

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

Confectioners' sugar

Directions

In a bowl, combine the sugar, egg, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill dough for at least 2 hours.

With sugared hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.

Butterscotch fudge

Ingredients

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

1 package (12 ounces) butterscotch chips

1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

2/3 cup peanut butter

1 cup chopped salted peanuts

Directions

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chips and marshmallows. Microwave, uncovered, at 80% power for 3 minutes or until chips and marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until combined. Fold in the peanuts.

Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.

Edited by Illinoismom

Turkey Cheese Ball

Ingredients

2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese

6 ounces deli smoked turkey, finely chopped

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

1 tablespoon finely chopped onion

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

DECORATIONS:

3 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened

2 tablespoons milk

Brown, orange and yellow paste food coloring

6 large oval crackers

1 large sweet red pepper

1 small yellow summer squash

1 cup pecan halves

Assorted crackers

Directions

In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until combined. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.

In another small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Divide among four small bowls. With food coloring, tint one bowl brown, one dark orange and one light orange (using yellow and orange); leave one bowl plain.

Transfer each mixture to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of each bag.

For turkey tail feathers, decorate the top halves of large oval crackers with tinted cream cheese.

Using the red pepper, form the turkey head, neck and snood. For beak, cut a small triangle from summer squash; attach with cream cheese. Add eyes, using brown and plain cream cheese. Insert pecan halves and decorated crackers into cheese ball. Serve with assorted crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (3 cups).

Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Townhouse Oval Bistro crackers.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/exps38181_CW1191757D18.jpg

pumpkin cheese cake

Ingredients

32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)

1/4 cup butter, melted

5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened

1 cup sugar

1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin

5 eggs, lightly beaten

Dash ground nutmeg

Maple syrup

Directions

In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.

Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of baking dish to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.

Cut into squares; serve with syrup. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.

Apple Butter Pumpkin pie

Ingredients

3 eggs

1 cup canned pumpkin

1 cup apple butter

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk

1/3 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon each ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg

1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)

Whipped cream, optional

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk in salt and spices until well blended. Pour into pastry shell.

Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if necessary. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Apple Cranberry Cobbler

Ingredients

5 cups sliced peeled tart apples

1-1/4 cups sugar

1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries

3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca

1 cup water

2 tablespoons butter

TOPPING:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup cold butter, cubed

1/4 cup milk

Directions

In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, cranberries, tapioca, cinnamon and water. Let stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to form a soft dough. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over hot apple mixture.

Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.

Apple walnut cake

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups sugar

3 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 cups all-purpose flour

1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground mace

3 cups chopped peeled baking apples

2 cups chopped walnuts

Directions

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and mace; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apples and nuts. (Batter will be very stiff.)

Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan bake at 325° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.

After Christmas turkey pot pie

Ingredients

1 cup sliced carrots

1 cup finely chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped celery

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

1/8 teaspoon pepper

3 tablespoons butter

2 cups cubed cooked turkey

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted

1 cup frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained

Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)

1 tablespoon milk

Directions

In a skillet, saute carrots, onion, celery, thyme and pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine turkey and flour; shake to coat. Add turkey, soup and green beans to the vegetable mixture; mix well. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add turkey mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.

My sons request every year

Broccoli chedder casserole

Ingredients

8 cups chopped fresh broccoli

1 cup finely chopped onion

3/4 cup butter, cubed

12 eggs

2 cups heavy whipping cream

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon pepper

Directions

In a skillet over medium heat, saute broccoli and onion in butter until crisp-tender; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cream and 1-3/4 cups of cheese; mix well. Stir in the broccoli mixture, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; set in a large pan filled with 1 in. of hot water.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Edited by Illinoismom

Christmas Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients

7 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

6 eggs

3 cups milk

1 teaspoon ground mustard

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Directions

In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the bread cubes and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Top with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Christmas Brunch Casserole Recipe

Ingredients

2 pounds bulk pork sausage

1 large onion, chopped

2 cups cooked rice

3 cups crisp rice cereal

3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

6 eggs

2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted

1/2 cup milk

Directions

In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the rice, cereal and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, soup and milk. Spread over top.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.

French toast casserole

Ingredients

1 loaf (10 ounces) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (10 cups)

8 eggs

3 cups milk

4 teaspoons sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt, optional

TOPPING:

2 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Maple syrup, optional

Directions

Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt if desired. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Dot with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.

Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 12 servings.

Overnight mushroom egg casserole

Ingredients

5 tablespoons butter, divided

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1-1/2 cups milk

1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained

10 eggs

2/3 cup half-and-half cream

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Directions

In a small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mushrooms; set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat the remaining butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.

Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 32-36 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.

Scrambled Egg Casserole Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, divided

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

2 cups milk

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process American cheese

1 cup cubed fully cooked ham

1/4 cup sliced green onions

12 eggs, beaten

1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained

1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs

Additional sliced green onions, optional

Directions

In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese; set aside.

In a large skillet, saute ham and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until onions are tender. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are almost set. Stir in mushrooms and cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.

Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Sprinkle with additional green onions if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Night Before Casserole Recipe

Ingredients

12 slices white bread, crusts removed

6 to 8 tablespoons butter, softened

6 slices deluxe American cheese

6 slices boiled or baked ham

Prepared mustard

4 eggs, beaten

3 cups milk

Chopped fresh parsley

MUSHROOM SAUCE:

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1/3 cup milk

Dash Worcestershire sauce

Directions

Spread bread with butter. Place six slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top each bread slice with a slice of cheese and ham. Brush with mustard. Place the remaining bread slices, buttered side up, over mustard. Beat eggs and milk; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, heat sauce ingredients and keep warm. Garnish with parsley; serve with the mushroom sauce. Yield: 12 servings.

Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup Recipe

Ingredients

1/4 cup whole wheat flour

2 teaspoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2/3 cup minced peeled apple

1/4 cup raisins

2/3 cup buttermilk

1 egg, separated

2 teaspoons butter, melted

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

SYRUP:

1/4 cup sugar

2 teaspoons cornstarch

2/3 cup apple cider or juice

1 cinnamon stick (1-1/2 inches)

Dash ground nutmeg

Additional butter, optional

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in apple and raisins. Combine the buttermilk, egg yolk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form; fold into batter.

Pour batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is lightly browned.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cider until smooth; add cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard cinnamon stick. Stir nutmeg into syrup. Serve pancakes with warm syrup and additional butter if desired. Yield: 6 pancakes (2/3 cup syrup).

Edited by Illinoismom

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie Recipe

Ingredients

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)

FILLING:

1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream

1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin

2 eggs, lightly beaten

3/4 cup sugar

1-3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Directions

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell. In another small bowl, whisk filling ingredients until smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer. Cover edges loosely with foil.

Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Pumpkin stew

Ingredients

2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes

3 tablespoons canola oil, divided

1 cup water

3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes

4 medium carrots, sliced

1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

4 garlic cloves, minced

1 medium onion, chopped

2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules

1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained

1 pumpkin (10 to 12 pounds)

Directions

In a Dutch oven, brown meat in 2 tablespoons oil. Add water, potatoes, carrots, green pepper, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Stir in bouillon and tomatoes. Wash pumpkin; cut to 6 to 8 in. circle around top stem. Remove top and set aside; discard seeds and loosen fibers from inside.

Place pumpkin in a shallow sturdy baking pan. Spoon stew into pumpkin and replace top. Brush outside of pumpkin with remaining oil. Bake at 325° for 2 hours or just until the pumpkin is tender (do not overbake). Serve stew from pumpkin, scooping out a little pumpkin with each serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.

Caramel Apple-Pear Crisp Recipe

Ingredients

3 medium pears, peeled and sliced

2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced

2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

1/3 cup sugar-free caramel topping

TOPPING:

1/4 cup quick-cooking oats

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

3 tablespoons cold reduced-fat butter

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the pears, apples, sugar and allspice. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with caramel topping.

For topping, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.

Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon cooking juices over each serving; garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 6 servings.

Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Recipe

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)

1/4 cup butter, melted

4 ounces cream cheese, softened

1 tablespoon sugar

1-1/2 cups whipped topping

1 cup cold milk

2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Additional whipped topping, optional

Directions

In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.

For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.

In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in the pumpkin, pie spice, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Here's a challenge: if we can get 300 different members to post a recipe in this thread before the contest ends, I'll double the number of prizes from 5 to 10!

The "Share Your Story" contest had over 400 entries, so 300 should be a piece of cake. Speaking of cake, back to the recipes......

Yes but you could give out 299 and I still wouldn't win, But yet what would this season be with out my whining

Chocolate-Cherry Thumbprints

Ingredients

2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

1 3/4 cups quick or old-fashioned oats

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)

3/4 cup granulated sugar

2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened

2 large eggs

2 cups (two 10-oz. jars) maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry

conversion calculator Directions

MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Combine oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.

BEAT sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in oat mixture. Cover; refrigerate dough for 1 hour.

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; press thumb into tops to make deep depression. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Fill each depression with maraschino cherry.

BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Melt remaining morsels; drizzle over cookies.

Incredible Banana Split Cake

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

2 large eggs

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 can (15 1/4 oz.) pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained

1/2 cup buttermilk

1 1/4 cups (7.5 oz.) granulated sugar

2/3 cup mashed banana

1 1/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided

1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries

1 cup chopped banana

CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe below)

ALLOW butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and lightly flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine reserved pineapple juice and buttermilk in small bowl.

BEAT butter in large mixer bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla extract; beat well. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in morsels and 1/4 cup of the walnuts. Gently fold in drained pineapple tidbits, strawberries and banana. Spread batter into prepared pan.

BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Drizzle cake with Chocolate Glaze and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

FOR CHOCOLATE GLAZE:

HEAT 3/4 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons light corn syrup in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Use immediately.

Apple Cinnamon Pecan Cake

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

2 large eggs

2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk

3 cups (about 3 medium) peeled, cored and finely chopped baking apples

3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Powdered sugar

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.

COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Beat granulated sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Alternately beat in flour mixture and evaporated milk. Stir in apples and nuts. Spread batter into prepared baking pan.

BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

Extra Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cobbler

What You Need1/4 cup sugar, divided 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen sliced peaches 1 cup frozen raspberries 1/4 cup water 1-1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix 1/2 cup milk 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping Make It

HEAT oven to 350ºF. Reserve 1 tsp. sugar. Mix remaining sugar with pudding mix. Combine fruit in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 min. Stir in pudding mixture and water.

SPOON into 8-inch sq. baking dish. Mix baking mix and milk. Drop in mounds over fruit mixture. Mix reserved sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.

BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until fruit mixture is hot and bubbly and biscuits are lightly browned. Serve warm topped with COOL WHIP.

Oven-Baked French Toast

What You Need

9 HONEY MAID Cinnamon Grahams, broken crosswise in half (18 squares) 3 eggs 3/4 cup fat-free milk 1 tsp. powdered sugar 4 medium strawberries Make It

PLACE graham squares in 2 even layers in greased 9-inch square baking dish; set aside. Beat eggs and milk with wire whisk until well blended; pour over grahams. Cover; refrigerate 30 min.

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Bake graham mixture, uncovered, 18 to 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 min. before serving.

SPRINKLE with powdered sugar. Serve with strawberries.

Holiday Blintzs

What You Need2 eggs 1 cup milk 1/2 cup matzo meal 1/2 tsp. salt 1-1/2 cups BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Cottage Cheese 2 Tbsp. sugar 1 tsp. lemon juice 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream 1/4 cup apricot preserves Make It

BEAT eggs, milk, matzo meal and salt in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Let stand 30 min. Using 2 Tbsp. batter for each blintz, cook in hot lightly greased 8-inch skillet or crepe pan until bottom is lightly browned. (Do not turn over to brown other sides.)

MIX cottage cheese, sugar and juice. Place 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of the cottage cheese mixture onto browned side of each crepe. Roll up crepes, folding in both sides as each crepe is rolled up to completely enclose filling.

SPRAY large skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add crepes, in batches if necessary; cook until browned on both sides. Serve topped with combined sour cream and preserves.

Puffy French Toast Casserole

What You Need1 loaf (8 oz.) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups) 1-1/2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed 8 eggs 2 cups milk 1/2 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup 1/2 cup PLANTERS Pecan Pieces Make It

PLACE bread cubes in greased 13x9-inch baking dish; top evenly with the cream cheese.

BEAT eggs, milk and syrup with wire whisk until well blended. Pour over ingredients in baking dish; cover. Refrigerate overnight.

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Bake, uncovered, 35 min.; sprinkle with the pecans. Bake an additional 10 min. or until center is set. Serve with additional syrup, if desired.

Edited by Illinoismom

Here you go Patty

Sweet Potato Salad Recipe

Ingredients

3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 cup chopped sweet red pepper

1-1/4 cups mayonnaise

1-1/2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onion and red pepper. In a small bowl, blend remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 10-12 servings.

Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups self-rising flour

2 teaspoons brown sugar

1/3 cup shortening

1 egg

1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)

2 tablespoons milk

Directions

In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, combine the egg, sweet potatoes and milk. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times or until smooth. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; place on an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.

Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe

Ingredients

2 eggs

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter, melted

1/3 cup milk

TOPPING:

3 cups cornflakes

2/3 cup butter, melted

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup chopped nuts

1/2 cup raisins

Directions

In large bowl, beat eggs. Add next five ingredients; mix well. Spoon into ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Berry Mallow Yam Bake Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats

1/3 cup butter

2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries

2 tablespoons sugar

1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and liquid reserved

Miniature marshmallows, optional

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Set aside. Sprinkle cranberries with sugar.

In a 2-qt. baking dish, layer half the yams, half of cranberry mixture and half of crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Pour reserved yam liquid over all.

Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. If desired, place several rings of marshmallows around the outer edge of baking dish. Bake just until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.

apple sweet potato bake

Ingredients

3 pounds sweet potatoes

4 medium tart apples, peeled

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/2 cup butter, cubed

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup honey

2 tablespoons orange juice

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions

Scrub sweet potatoes with a vegetable brush under cold water. Pierce skin in several places; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 35-45 minutes or until almost tender. Cool slightly; peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-in. slices.

Cut the apples into 1/4-in. slices; toss with lemon juice. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, alternately arrange sweet potato and apple slices. Sprinkle with pecans.

In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, honey, orange juice, cinnamon and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; pour over potatoes and apples. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Yield: 8 servings.

Edited by Illinoismom